The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I'm moving to the States, but where?
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon K View Post
Don't get me started...

I visited NYC in 2006 and then again in 2016 and all the things that have gotten worse about London were the same for Manhattan.
You know the deal. London is one of a kind. Being a Native you know it’s unique in that it’s one of the top Jewels of big cities and it’s both residential and urban. But for many reasons Gentrification, demographic change it has become almost unrecognizable in ways that were both good for calling it a center for the arts and a livable home. NYC would be the closest in terms of relating to its dense diversity and energy level but unfortunately it’s lost everything that London has and gained everything London has as well. The elements you won’t like. So that makes every option a second tier city for you because in one way or another these places have experienced similar loss but also never had what London has to begin with. Personally I would head up North. to Manchester or Liverpool. Maybe to Cardiff or Bristol. When you need a dose of London it’s an hour and change on the train away. The states may be a culture shock and you may find it a bit boring coming from London. And I couldn’t see you not getting homesick.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search