The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Are These People Blocking My Way?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Are These People Blocking My Way?

It's my second post on this forum first of all. I'm 19 years old and making music since almost last year. I'm trying to learn as much as possible for making my craft
better. Really helpful place to be gotta say and I need your experiences and advice for this one:

My problem is, I have two "rappers" and the one who make their EP is me. When I first started this, they were really into it and gave credit for working hours for vocals, mix and mastering. But, I feel like these people now acting like they don't give a **** about it. And I don't even charge them for recording and other all stuff because we are friends.

I know that If I help them they will succeed but I cannot make beats, record, mix, master and getting just full of empty words exchange my efforts.

What would you do If you were me? You got 2 20 year old guy that are shows talent but they don't even give money or buy me a food for my work or even say some good words. Would you quit and work alone or help them rise with them and keep quiet?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
When they record get them to sign a simple contract that says credit must be given if the tracks are used commercially. If they don't want to do that - show them the door.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagen View Post
I feel like these people now acting like they don't give a **** about it. And I don't even charge them for recording and other all stuff because we are friends.
If I could go back and spend my 20s more effectively, something I would do would be to have less patience/hope/denial regarding people who aren't into putting the work and enthusiasm into making music. If they seem uninterested or unmotivated, just spend time looking for more people to collaborate with who are at a similar level to you and who you can learn with and learn from.

Just my advice based on my experience. You can't motivate people who don't want to motivate themselves or take your time seriously.

Good luck.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search