The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Can anyone recognize this magazine graphic?
Old 24th August 2019
Lives for gear

Can anyone recognize this magazine graphic?

Years ago my awesome Aunt out in Brooklyn sent me money in the mail that was wrapped in the graphic I've attached. I think it was within the last 20 years. I never could bring myself to consign it to the scrapbook or throw it away.

That aunt passed away a few years ago and I was shocked that with her modest living and large family, that there was still enough inheritance set aside for me to purchase Presonus Studio One Pro. I love her and miss her, and have to mention she made Baklava (layered dessert) like no one else..

But that item you're seeing, to me represents good things cloaked in secrecy under the radar (like a music project) and that could be cool trivia to see what she ripped a page out of.
Attached Thumbnails
Can anyone recognize this magazine graphic?-auntmoneywrap.jpg  
Old 27th August 2019
Sorry to hear about your loss.

As far as the graphic, it almost looks like something that came out of a magazine. I don't recognize it as a logo or anything like that. It's probably some concept art that was used in an article or something.
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

It reminds me of artwork from a record album from around the 80s.
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

Is that 2 sides of the same page? Or a bi-fold with something on the other side?
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

Man, both of those images loo super familiar to me for some reason. The bottom half reminds me of an ad from something like Coconut Joe, Varnet, or OP from the late 80's, early 90's...

I used to read a lot of skateboard and snowboard mags with similar brands advertised.
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
Years ago my awesome Aunt out in Brooklyn sent me money in the mail that was wrapped in the graphic I've attached. I think it was within the last 20 years. I never could bring myself to consign it to the scrapbook or throw it away.

That aunt passed away a few years ago and I was shocked that with her modest living and large family, that there was still enough inheritance set aside for me to purchase Presonus Studio One Pro. I love her and miss her, and have to mention she made Baklava (layered dessert) like no one else..

But that item you're seeing, to me represents good things cloaked in secrecy under the radar (like a music project) and that could be cool trivia to see what she ripped a page out of.
I did a "search Google by image" using the camera icon and uploading the picture.
It threw up some similar styles/types (mainly colour types).You mentioned Baklava, which is prevalent in Islamic Countries and there are a few Islamic styles in the results, ( Eid-Ramadan) its a tenuous connection but there is what looks like a Crescent moon in your image.
image results link
https://tinyurl.com/y5jbhpxo
Old 28th August 2019
Lives for gear

Wow, everyone thank you so much for your interest. I don't know where to begin and it took many hours to begin to find words.

Seems like this came from a magazine, and long ago I wondered if that was a Logitech logo but haven't found a link. She was a reader of things like The New Yorker and the Times, and probably anything good Catholics of the era would be reading. The type so humble she's leave the while family a little something while specifying herself to an unmarked grave near where I live.

As for Baklava, I thought she thought it was Greek! I'll consult with a cousin.

I'm impressed with that Google search, I new years ago they were working on it but never tried that.

I swear my Aunt would serve you all lemon pizellis, or pizelles... brings back a flood of memories. This journey blows my mind

Last edited by JoeyM; 28th August 2019 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Removed honest mistake that looked offensive yet super funny. Sorry!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search