The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
schizophrenia
Old 21st June 2019
Lives for gear

Thumbs down schizophrenia

my business partner and friend developed schizophrenia almost over night.
Im now going to be homeless, even though I purchased my friend a home outright.

I have 20 or so vintage analog synthesizers.
I almost want to lend them out to a real studio.

I dont want to sell them but I will be living in my car soon.
I dont have any friends or family.

I wonder if there is some kind of studio looking for some kind of low paid partner or something where all my gear would be safe, not a storage facility.

Im under the impression real recording studios go under all the time, and being burnt so badly by my current partner Im just so totally screwed.

If my dreams were to come true Id move to the bay area.
I wonder if I could be cryogenicly frozen.

Old 25th July 2019
Sorry to hear of your troubles. A month has passed, hope you have landed on your feet and all is ok.
Old 25th July 2019
Lives for gear

Well not so good, the guy im helping he sat and crushed my juno 60 that I had just got 3 hours before.
Im trying the Ketogenic Diet (For him) because the brain is dual fuel and can run on either sucralose or fats.

As the body ages it naturally wants to take a dirt nap, the brain and organs shrink and prepares for death.
With the advancements in antibiotics we now live far longer.

No I am the guy with $50K in instruments, $100K in cars.
I slutted out, I slutted big time.

I traded all my friends and family to ***** gear on reverb, ebay, in parking lots at universities, at guitar center, any place I could get "My fix" of analog gear.

Im at the dark side of sluttyness.

I will never be that guy I purchased a mini moog from for $900 at a pawn shop parking lot before he could get inside.
Old 25th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Well not so good, the guy im helping he sat and crushed my juno 60 that I had just got 3 hours before.
Im trying the Ketogenic Diet (For him) because the brain is dual fuel and can run on either sucralose or fats.

As the body ages it naturally wants to take a dirt nap, the brain and organs shrink and prepares for death.
With the advancements in antibiotics we now live far longer.

No I am the guy with $50K in instruments, $100K in cars.
I slutted out, I slutted big time.

I traded all my friends and family to ***** gear on reverb, ebay, in parking lots at universities, at guitar center, any place I could get "My fix" of analog gear.

Im at the dark side of sluttyness.

I will never be that guy I purchased a mini moog from for $900 at a pawn shop parking lot before he could get inside.
Oh boy...

Hey mate, I dunno where you are located, but I’m certain there’s a behavioral health place available to help your friend true up and tune up his meds... PM me your location and I’d be happy to research that for you
Old 25th July 2019
Lives for gear

thanks for your help, I did call and they attempted to force their way into my home.
They said they were there at my locked gate honking and I just did not let them in.

VERY SCARY for all of us "im from the government and im going to help"

I got him the usual 10 hour cognitive test for dementia, in 30 days...

Its a mess and a mess and a horrible mess when you live longer then your genetic code had planned.

Thanks for your help, I posted this last month when I was forced to live in my VW bus, at the river...
Old 26th August 2019
Here for the gear

i know this is many yers old now, but it sounds like, even though you were going under, you had "just bought 3 hours earlier", a juno 60, whatever that is...you keep buying stuff even when you're going homeless?
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

juno 60 was $900 and purchased years ago. I just got it from the shop last week after I had it restored. yes took 2 years to restore.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
How is everything going for you now? I just stumbled upon this thread and I've seen you around the site over the years. I hope your friend is okay and you've managed to move over to another studio or something
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

things are still super bad. He pissed off his nurologist and we got booted. There not another one for hundreds of miles and months away.
He smashed up the juno 60 and now he smashed up my TB-303 and 606. Lucky he missed the TR-909. Broke down the studio door and just went ape ****.

ANd you cant do ANYTHING GOOD for these people. make a massive Indian dinner, go to the movie, (PAY OFF HIS MORTGAGE) clean up and make a few drinks, he wakes up screaming ASS HOLES so I cant tell doing nice things for bad people and iv come to the believe a sickness can make an ok person into a raving mad man.

After he smashed up my vintage techno rig I asked him, "Great job, now what are we going to take to Berlin?"

So I am in a bad way, I know what happens to people that put $50K of stuff into storage units, they lose it to auction.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
things are still super bad. He pissed off his nurologist and we got booted. There not another one for hundreds of miles and months away.
He smashed up the juno 60 and now he smashed up my TB-303 and 606. Lucky he missed the TR-909. Broke down the studio door and just went ape ****.

ANd you cant do ANYTHING GOOD for these people. make a massive Indian dinner, go to the movie, (PAY OFF HIS MORTGAGE) clean up and make a few drinks, he wakes up screaming ASS HOLES so I cant tell doing nice things for bad people and iv come to the believe a sickness can make an ok person into a raving mad man.

After he smashed up my vintage techno rig I asked him, "Great job, now what are we going to take to Berlin?"

So I am in a bad way, I know what happens to people that put $50K of stuff into storage units, they lose it to auction.
Take care of yourself first

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search