The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Song on the radio the day of my mother's funeral
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Song on the radio the day of my mother's funeral

This February 15th marks the 1st anniversary of the funeral for my mother. I just wanted to share something with you that I just wrote to the radio station that I had on in the car at the time and a "miracle" that happened:

Quote:
Hello Classical 96.3,

I wanted to share a personal story that happened while listening to your station, to which this February 15th marks the first anniversary of what happened. I realize you may not believe me when I tell this story, but I wanted to share with you all the same as your radio station was part of it.

February 15th, 2018 was the day of the funeral for my mother. Her first name was Elisabeth.

After the funeral I got in the car...while we always have 96.3 on the car radio, I was contemplating turning off the radio and going home in silence.

But when starting the car the song that you were playing at that exact moment in time was "Elisabethan Serenade"...of all the songs in your playlist that you could be playing at that moment in time, and the fact I lingered at the funeral home after all our the other people who were at the funeral left, you were playing the "Elisabethan Serenade" on your station at that exact time.

It was like it was my mother's way of saying goodbye.

I confess I wished I had gone on your website at the time and took a screengrab of your playlist at the time to prove this "miracle" had happened.
Old 15th February 2019
Sorry for your loss mate! I know that feeling well, my brother passed away last year. I had a similar experience in that my brother also appeared to me to say goodbye, but through a dream.

Thankfully our relatives live on in our hearts and minds as we remember them when they were still with us.

RIP
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Addict

Very sorry for your loss.

My Mom also passed away suddenly and unexpectedly February 13th, 2018. I saw her in a dream that night and said goodbye.

Your story is heart-warming and what a great memory to have.
Old 17th February 2019
Lives for gear

When my mother died, as they were rolling her body to the hearse in my head I haerd Shana Morrison singing Will the Circle Be Unbroken. Tears ensued.
YouTube
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

At times it may look like we're alone, but we're not. At molecular level we're energy, and energy never disappears, it simply changes shape. This is who you are and everyone else you knew. To the OP: trust your instincts, they never lie.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search