The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Songs that you kinda remember but you can't find...
Old 2nd September 2018
Lives for gear

Songs that you kinda remember but you can't find...

It took decades for me to find "Do The Walk" By Jimmy McCracklin. I had it in my head but I couldn't put it together until I heard it on the Muzak at Sears.

Another Muzak song is a female vocal whose track ends in raindroppy keyboard notes. Could have been any time in the '90s or '00s. I'm killing myself trying to find it in YouTube. If it was big enough to get on Muzak it should have been big enough to get on YouTube. But there's an awful lot to wade through, and it's not R&B so all that stuff is in the way....

Old 11th January 2019
Here for the gear

haha funny thing... this happened to me with lots of songs from when i was a kid during early 2000's... specially with this three: planet funk - who said / junior senior - move your feet / alanis morisette - out is through (this one actually drove me crazy for a long time since what i remembered mostly was the video and then i knew there where two videoclips for the same song)... anyway... hope you find what you're missing bro
Old 11th January 2019
I didn`t bite the Spotify hook until I discovered how easy it was to find music from my childhood. Then it was "just take my money man!" For me, that would be music from the 80`s and late 70`s.
Old 13th January 2019
I usually type a few of the lyrics I can remember into Google and I eventually find the song. Sometimes it takes a long time searching all the hits in the search results but I usually can find the long forgotten song that's in the mind's memory lane.
Old 18th February 2019
Lives for gear

The problem is when you remember mostly music/melody and not lyrics. But yeah random music stations can help. I've been listening to jango.com lately and they just happened to hit one I've been wondering about for years...all I could remember was the melody hook, not the words, so couldn't look it up.

Also searching the net for one-hit wonders has helped, those are usually what they happen to be for me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search