The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How Does A Trans-Woman make it in this scene
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

How Does A Trans-Woman make it in this scene

I have been out for quite sometime. I used to have a small circle of music friends but that quickly fell through when they let me know how they feel about trans people. I live in a small hick town outside of a large city. I play in a metal band with another trans-girl as my vocalist and it's been deemed really hard to make any connections in my local scene. Lately We've been looking for a replacement drummer and we've ran into situations like Interviewing a drummer that turned out to be a skin head. And when I mean skin head I mean posting "Skin head an proud" on Facebook, but at least had the nerve to show interest in my band. What I have a hard time with is connections. When you think you have someone that's cool it turns out to be something like that. We're just trying to make music and all we need a drummer. I had a friend who does audio engineering out in KC tell me something that kind of helped that I need to find "my people" and he didn't mean that by other trans people he meant by a group of people that are cool and want to make music with me. So really my question is, how do I find my people?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search