The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do You Believe Your "Vibe" Can Affect Your Equipment? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th February 2018
Carbon is a key element in this, devices with lots of carbon in the signal path are easyest to magnetise.
It won't stick, the effect is always temporary.

Run some audio through a piece of carbon string and fondle it if you want to test this for yourself.
Old 20th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
"does humor belong in music?" - obvioulsy not /for all
There was this guy here, a member - Hugh Moore, but he left in a huff because no one took him seriously.
Old 25th March 2018
Lives for gear

Well, one time when I was stressed out trying to get ready for an event where I needed my laptops I had hard drives die in both of them in one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
"does humor belong in music?" - obvioulsy not /for all
Victor Borge!
Old 25th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundebler View Post
That image NEEDS a link to the video:
YouTube

Took me a bit to figure out what synth he was "playing", it was a Korg M3 (what's embarrassing about that is I have one, but I don't have mine in a keyboard so it took me a while to recognize it, and them covering up the name didn't help)!

It's not too often that you see humor at the Olympics, but I love what the Brits did, not only the above skit but also the Queen and James Bond jumping out of the helicopter! I don't remember too many Olympic ceremonies (except when things go wrong like the drones making the Olympic Rings), but the Brit ceremony was memorable (anyone say 'Spice Girls").
Old 3rd April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Well, of COURSE your vibe affects your equipment:

You already know that your vibe affects YOU!

...And YOU (in turn) affect your equipment.

...Therefore...
This...

On anything more litteral than that I call unscientific new age bull****.
The grumpy marxist has spoken.
Old 3rd April 2018
Gear Nut

Hi there.
Of course you can affect electronic devices, everything is energy, matter is energy in various states, Ive been working several years in computer-support and I realized early that some people always had various problem and after a while I came to the conclusion that they where also very angry people even when they where not near or working with their computers and they always made devices around them go nuts.

Personally I always treat my things with love (no I do not hug them) but I tend to care about them in an mental way and I rarely have any problems, I do speak to my things and my car and cats and treat them with respect and they always respond with love or their functionality, of course this is also based on understanding on things around you like the saying goes, treat others as you want them to treat you.

It really does work, and as you can see in earlier replies you can notice that people tend to draw to them self what they are asking for, as for example, one can be dismissive in an angry way about this thread but then as you see it will draw others to be offended and start being the like as the one who was angry from the start, so in a sense negative energy will attract negative energy and vice versa

The conclusion is that we all live under the law of attraction and everything is energy, think and do positive things and you will attract positive results.

Be nice and have a nice life
Old 3rd April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by akerramassafroe View Post
Hi there.
Of course you can affect electronic devices, everything is energy, matter is energy in various states, Ive been working several years in computer-support and I realized early that some people always had various problem and after a while I came to the conclusion that they where also very angry people even when they where not near or working with their computers and they always made devices around them go nuts.

Personally I always treat my things with love (no I do not hug them) but I tend to care about them in an mental way and I rarely have any problems, I do speak to my things and my car and cats and treat them with respect and they always respond with love or their functionality, of course this is also based on understanding on things around you like the saying goes, treat others as you want them to treat you.

It really does work, and as you can see in earlier replies you can notice that people tend to draw to them self what they are asking for, as for example, one can be dismissive in an angry way about this thread but then as you see it will draw others to be offended and start being the like as the one who was angry from the start, so in a sense negative energy will attract negative energy and vice versa

The conclusion is that we all live under the law of attraction and everything is energy, think and do positive things and you will attract positive results.

So if the opposite applies people in Syria gets killed by the thousands because they're not positive enough? Or people with terminal cancer have attracted it with negative energy?

I do find the idea of law of attraction not only one of the most irrational ideas that have some larger following but also one of the dangerous and reactionary. Do you realize that this kind of thinking offers individualistic solutions to collective issues that are the objective reality in which we act?
I actually find this idea extremely disrespectful who anyone who suffers from war, racism, serious illness, random violence, sexual abuse, etc.

I've heard more claims promoting this appereantly still trendy wootalk more times than I can remember including from people I normally find both intelligent and more or less sane but not on solid piece of emperical data to back it up.

Here I was thinking that engineers and producers was amongst the least flaky people in the industry or whatever is left of it.

If I get to much into politics or philosophy for forum guidelines could the mods please warn me before banning me?

On a final note; even the narrow track Fostex machines I've been working with throughout the years have behaved surprising well despite I don't buy into this stuff and have frequently expressed how I can't wait to get a JH-24 instead, especially when bumping into edge track issues
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

No mystival stuff going on here... If you're expecting something bad to happen and it does, you say AHA! If everything is good vibes and something goes wrong, you say OH WELL, and forget about it. Confirmation bias, selective memory, and coincidence are the culprits.
Old 17th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangomes View Post
No mystival stuff going on here... If you're expecting something bad to happen and it does, you say AHA! If everything is good vibes and something goes wrong, you say OH WELL, and forget about it. Confirmation bias, selective memory, and coincidence are the culprits.
Nope. In Medicine is commonly known that optimistic pacients recover faster and better than pesimists. This is something that any doctor knows. We project what we think. Cheers!
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

I just know vibe can effect the music. I've seen it with people. You want to be in a good mood when you play stuff, it gets trapped on the tape... nowadays the digital 0s and 1s.
Old 18th March 2019
Your vibe doesn't affect your equipment. Vibes are emotions and it's the emotion/s being felt that motivate and inspire you to tweak your gear to create music.
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
No its the other way around. Your equipment affects your mood.
If the equipment affects us, don´t you think that we affect the equipment in some way too?
After all, it's not exactly the case that human senses are the most highly developed compared to other species, for example dogs.
So how much can we even perceive what is happening around us?
Because one thing is certain, we are limited to our senses, some more, some less. I'm pretty sure everything is interacting in some way. We just simply can´t perceive all things that happen around us, logically.
OK sound engineers are an exception, i heard some are able to perceive eq changes of 0.1 db or even 0,01 db.
Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

This thread disappoints me to some degree, seeing how many people working in audio are so terribly closed minded in regards to vibration, of all things. If you search the depths of quantum physics, you will discover that there is no concrete proof that the world we live in is not 'digital' in a sense. With that being said, if you're unable to grasp that your emotional state of being is a type of frequency in and of itself, and that we are quite capable of affecting our surroundings with the energies that we emit on a daily basis; you're probably also the guy stumbling throughout life feeling completely helpless about circumstances out of your control and passing off psychic phenomenon as 'coincidence' as well.
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshProduce View Post
This thread disappoints me to some degree, seeing how many people working in audio are so terribly closed minded in regards to vibration, of all things.
Disappointing but not surprising. I know so many people who are more than schooled enough on the technical level (way more than me) but amazingly closed-off. Not just in the way you're talking about, but when it comes to the empathy required to connect with the people you're recording and help bring out their best.
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Guru
No question. I know people who I wouldn't leave alone with my gear (or my girlfriend)...... Gear would be broken and girlfriend hanging herself.....
Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

The people who don't believe in energetic anomalies are the very same people who think nothing of it when they tune their radio to an invisible frequency to get their fill of media lies
Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

i had a long run where so much equipment broke down around me, it was almost impossible to finish any project. During one video editing session something like seven separate pieces of equipment all went down in the course of a couple of hours, doing really bizarre stuff. None of the engineers could explain it and as I say it happened again and again. I eventually spoke to someone who said if you feel a strong resentment to equipment it can affect it, which was exactly how I felt at the time towards the computing systems I never wanted to use, but was now forced to. I made a strong effort to change my attitude and after that it pretty much stopped happening.

There's also a phenomenon known as 'sliders' where certain people seem to affect electrical equipment negatively which also fits with what I was told. Patently Paranormal: SLIders and Electric/Magnetic People
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Maniac
"Dirty" power? Have you got an oscilloscope?
Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by akerramassafroe View Post
Hi there.

Or you could just give your DAW a good backhand. " That'll be enough of that AI attitude out of you!"
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Dust and oxidation, smoke, moisture, pot resin, etc...far more an effect on gear than "vibes."
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Guru
Dude pot resin,moisture, moisture, smoke and dust IS my vibe........
Old 23rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Dude pot resin,moisture, moisture, smoke and dust IS my vibe........
Vibe?

Dude, that's my breakfast. (except for the dust)
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Head

I jokingly refer to something I call electromagnetic karma. There have been many times where my assistant can't seem to get something working, calls me for help, and somehow using the same patch cables, panel points, mic cables, etc. I get things going again without seemingly changing anything.

I've had the bad end of this too. One time I was in a very stressful session and had to setup a 'B' rig out of unfamiliar equipment. The moment I flipped the switch on, not only did the power go out in our building, but in our entire neighbourhood. I don't know that I caused it, but I definitely had doubts about my electromagnetic karma that time. Of course when we came back the next day, the rig worked perfectly.
Old 30th March 2019
Lives for gear

A couple of years ago, I had the electricity go out in all three of the downstairs rooms where I live. I changed the mains fuse, various bulbs and smaller fuses, but nothing solved it so I called an electrician. He arrived with an electrical tester he'd recently bought and which was working perfectly until he arrived at mine when it suddenly packed in. He tested everything he could, but was unable to find the problem, so he called another electrician for suggestions, but he couldn't think what could be causing it either. Then by chance I saw one of the lights flicker on for about a half second, suggesting power was entering the room. After much re-checking the electrician realised it was three separate faults (a broken light tube, some bad wiring and a bad switch) all of which had gone down within a minute or two of eachother.

Last edited by vincentvangogo; 30th March 2019 at 04:47 PM..
Old 2nd April 2019
Old 15th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
i had a long run where so much equipment broke down around me, it was almost impossible to finish any project. During one video editing session something like seven separate pieces of equipment all went down in the course of a couple of hours, doing really bizarre stuff. None of the engineers could explain it and as I say it happened again and again. I eventually spoke to someone who said if you feel a strong resentment to equipment it can affect it, which was exactly how I felt at the time towards the computing systems I never wanted to use, but was now forced to. I made a strong effort to change my attitude and after that it pretty much stopped happening.

There's also a phenomenon known as 'sliders' where certain people seem to affect electrical equipment negatively which also fits with what I was told. Patently Paranormal: SLIders and Electric/Magnetic People
This reminds me of something that happened a few years ago.

I shop my fruit and veggies at the same store for many years now, and this time there was this new girl working at the register.
It was very busy in the shop and the guy in front of the line was being rude to her as he was in a hurry,.. and at that point the cash register stopped giving receipts and the PIN machine lost contact with the bank.

It was the new girl doing that, as she didn't feel comfortable with the register and PIN machine she had to work with and the rude customer triggered her slight panic.

I could see it all happen..

So I walked upfront, held my hands over the cash register and PIN device and in a calm voice just said "STOP!"

At that point the PIN machine went 'beep beep' and reconnected to the bank and the register started spitting out receipts...

"Thanks" she said.

People in line were staring at me like I was a wizard or something, one woman in line grabbed my arm and in a demanding voice asked me "How do you do that ? !" ... this kinda freaked me out and I said "I don't know" and went on with my business.

So yeah...
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmik Prod. View Post
This reminds me of something that happened a few years ago.
That's pretty insane, but I've seen so much weird stuff I can totally believe it - especially when your find yourself acting on instinct and you say or do stuff without consciously knowing why.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

People are absolutely electro magnetic. We are walking antenna.

I believe we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Everything is energy and vibration.

Deleted User , thanks for posting this thread.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search