The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Think twice before taking workmans comp Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Think twice before taking workmans comp

I was trying to help the IT dept. run wires as they were short handed. I lifted a tile, and before I knew it a rat was in my face. I lost balance as the ladder they gave me was short and I had nothing to grab on to. BAM, on my side on those thin carpet squares they put over concrete. I laid there for several seconds, and then that familiar urge to puke came up(kneecap, kicked in the balls etc..) So our nurse put me on Workmans Comp. I didn`t ask for it, never been on it before, I just felt they knew best. I was and still am injured, but this WC guy keeps calling and harassing me. He tried to record the conversation today, but it sounded like he was using a micro-cassette that had been recorded over too many times. All I could hear were several dull conversations in the background, and not his questions. I guess that pissed him off because he "told me like it is!" I said I`m done with this conversation and to call my doctor. NEVER again. I have a torn ligament, and I`ll give it to the 18th like the doctor said, but I`m going back to work on that day come hell or high water. I get there is fraud, but were talking 2 weeks, and I`m not even getting fully paid. Yeah, I`m living it up!I get it maybe if it goes on for months or years, but 2 weeks and at the first week getting continually harassing phone calls? I`d rather not gotten paid at all. I didn`t ask for it, my work just set it up. It`s not them. Just a warning.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Never do Wc without a lawyer... Ever. Unless it's something ridiculous like a paper cut
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search