The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Peluso P-28 is a fixed cardioid small diaphragm tube condenser microphone inspired by the legendary pencil vacuum tube microphones by AKG and Neumann. It has an extremely low noise floor for modern digital recording. Featuring a warm rich tone, capturing the low frequency detail and high frequency air of the classics. Beautiful on acoustic guitar, drum overheads, piano, voice and more. The P-28 features our heavy-duty 8-pin screw on cable connector. The large diameter pins in the screw on connector give a tight and secure cable connection designed to perform for a lifetime of use. Acoustically matched pairs available upon special request. Omni-directional capsules available upon special request. The microphone comes as a complete system including: P-28 Microphone in a Wood Box, Power Supply, New-style 8-Pin Screw on Cable Assembly, and a Shock Mount all packed in a Flight Case.

Discussions

Peluso P28 MD tube mic

...Neumanns, but had a pair of Groove Tubes 44's that were actually pretty nice. Anyone have any experience with these Pelusos? Pelusos P28 Mid-diphragm tube mic

View Post

Behringer MS-101?

http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/files/manuals/ESQ1-MANUAL_TOTAL.pdf ^ See p28 in the manual :) You could certainly do the same thing with the ESQ-1 in 1986, nearly a year before the D-50, and you had an extra OSC to play with. The D-50 only had two partials per Tone: http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/D-50_OM.pdf And yes–the D-50's effects really made it shine; turn them off and it was...

View Post

Ribbon mic for classic sound

Nice! I was just wondering about the R-14 mainly, as that's the only one I have a lot of experience with. Especially on drums, I just couldn't get along with the high end. Maybe it's different on the tube version, but I didn't like it.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?