The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FL Studio Exporting - Sound Differences
Old 14th November 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawramono View Post
just figured it out for me atleast try right clicking on the volume icon on the windows toolbar click on open volume mixer then click on the speaker device icon and click the enhacement tab click on disable all sound effects and your good export that good good music u got. i was playing around with the effects so long ago i forgot i even touched them im sure everyone with this problem did the same
OMG THANK YOU!!! This was the solution for me. I can't believe all I had to was check one simple box for "disable all sound effects" lol. Problem solved!

Whats really strange about this issue was that I could only hear a difference with my electro tracks. On my tech and minimal tracks everything was fine.
Old 4th April 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawramono View Post
just figured it out for me atleast try right clicking on the volume icon on the windows toolbar click on open volume mixer then click on the speaker device icon and click the enhacement tab click on disable all sound effects and your good export that good good music u got. i was playing around with the effects so long ago i forgot i even touched them im sure everyone with this problem did the same
I did this and it worked but then are other ppl gonna hear that change? or is it gonna sound like the ****ty mix down from their perspective?
Old 20th October 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by iain_m View Post
Have you tried playing the exported files in FL Studio?
Yo I'm having the same problem as the author of this thread, although I'm using an external sound card (Steinberg UR22mkII) and Studio One 3
I tried what you suggested and it sounds as it should when I import the mixed track into Studio One. What do you think is happening to it outside of Studio One which is making it worse?
Old 23rd December 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
I have notice very same thing. I've found the mixing in FL Studio is very difficult. I mean, no matter what you do, you can't get that sound what you want. It is endless tuning. Then, rarely when you are "okay" with mixing, as soon you export it, it sounds so ****. Lifeless, no dynamics. Cold. Nothing like how it sounds inside in FL. It simply sounds so different, so bad.

I know that mixer resamping should help you hear things more realistic way, but it just doesn't working. I.E, If you have mixer resamping 128-point sinc, you should render your final mix on 128-point sinc too! The thing is, that it still doesn't sound same. I have good soundcard, I know all the things and settings, and I have tried everything. Nothing helps. I have give up. For these reason, I have real difficulties to finish any projects in FL. Currently, I have +20 unfinished projects in FL.

Then, when I do song like in cubase, I make it long long time, due different (difficult) workflow, but the mixing is "super easy". I get that sound what I want really quickly, and it sounds really good. Rendered file sounds exactly same is in cubase. No problem at all.

I have tried to move away from FL Studio. Only problem is, I just can't. I have try it so many times. Really. Around 2 years, I have "moving" away from FL. Every time I come back in FL. Cubase could be nice choice for new host, but I don't like cubase workflow. Not piano roll, not automation system. Not zooming and many other things. FL has so unique, best and fastest workflow. Piano roll is like 100x better than in any other host. FL's workflow is like made for me, that's why I have real difficulties to leave FL Studio.

This is endless loop. I don't want to start another project in FL, cause I know, that I will don't finish it anyway. I don't want to start make song in cubase or any other host, cause I can't "fulfill" my ideas, my style in other host's. If I try to make song in cubase, it feels like I have never ever make music before. I am so lost, feeling so empty. This leads my story here, where I haven't do full song in 8 months. I am really lost and I don't know what to do.

If you go to whine about sound quality in IL forums, they all attack you blaablaa. They always paste those **** audio myth youtube links blaablaaa. I am biggest FL fan here. I have been use it so so many years, but the thing is, there is something wrong in FL sound engine for sure. I am surprised how others can't hear or notice it. sry for my bad english..

Funny that you say cubase exports everything fine... erm not for me it doesn't ... cubase hates me I'm thinking....
I'm having a blooming nightmare with my daw (cubase) with same problem! It sound open and dynamic and cool in my daw, i export it (or just live record it in the daw via a bus) and i go to eagerly listen to it and and disheartened as it sounds totally different all the depth is gone and the high frequency sounds like someones cut it out... total crap! I have a uad card, my project is yeas at 44k 24 bit but I'm exporting to 96k 24bit so what's the problem... absolute crazyy ****... it's really annoying and is really testing me... just don't understand this ****! I think I'll just have to give up producing on a computer.

Reason is probably the only daw that I still trust, lol. Reason actually I believe is the only one to trust; I've has some probs with logic but cubase is rock-solid-at-doing this-to-me-and-ikeep- going-back-to her! It think i need a separation from steinberg!
Old 24th December 2018
Lives for gear

Just use the FL Studio ASIO - it's Image-Line optimized for the DAW. But whatever you are using shouldn't affect the render, only playback.

The good thing about the FL Studio ASIO driver is that it doesn't completely hijack your sound - for example you can open a browser and watch a Youtube video in the middle of an FL Studio session. ASIO4ALL doesn't let you do that - atleast for me.

Try rendering using various ASIO modes and compare in something like iZotope RX and you will see the waveforms are identical (minus some slight randomness differences in noisefloor etc that can sometimes occur through certain analog modelling plugins).
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Head
well when this problem happens i’ve eorked out that either it’s driver incompatibility or it’s an os incompatibility.
Still best to live record the mix to a stereo track in daw rather than click export in my experience it always sounds better.
Old 4th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
well when this problem happens i’ve eorked out that either it’s driver incompatibility or it’s an os incompatibility.
Still best to live record the mix to a stereo track in daw rather than click export in my experience it always sounds better.
I tried this with my FL Studio and preferred the sound of the dedicated offline export version.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
I tried this with my FL Studio and preferred the sound of the dedicated offline export version.

well i have a tascam da3000 - and xlr inputs L and R to record to the tascam from daw via analog stuff - finally what i hear is captured!! lol who would have thought!

Old 1st July 2020
Here for the gear

I found this post on the front page of google when I searched this problem so I joined to put my input here. I had this problem the same as everyone else but the reason it was happening for me personally was because I was using Windows Media Player to playback my mp3. I had tweaked some things a few years back (bass boosting, SRS WOW effects etc) on Windows Media Player. This made everything sound horrible compared to when it was playing directly in FL Studio.

TL;DR

Problem: Windows Media Player settings made my exported mp3 sound bad.

Solution: Right click it on the Now Playing screen**, click "Enhancements" then go through them one at a time to disable them.

**If right clicking doesn't open a menu then you are likely viewing the library, click the little box on the bottom right that says "Now Playing".
📝 Reply