The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audacity is clipping my vocals
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Audacity is clipping my vocals

Audacity is clipping all my recordings. Does anyone know why? This is very lame lol The audio waves are no where near getting near the top yet you can tell all the waves been chopped into a plateau. My audio interface gain is at half way
Attached Thumbnails
Audacity is clipping my vocals-audacity-distort.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanDude View Post
Audacity is clipping all my recordings. Does anyone know why? This is very lame lol The audio waves are no where near getting near the top yet you can tell all the waves been chopped into a plateau. My audio interface gain is at half way
Are you sure you aren't overloading somewhere else in the chain? Most likely operator error... Yu'll need to descibe the entire chain for a real answer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson View Post
Are you sure you aren't overloading somewhere else in the chain? Most likely operator error... Yu'll need to descibe the entire chain for a real answer.

I dont know what you mean haha I just got my AKG C414 XLII going to my SSL2+ interface and then to my computer, with audacity running
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanDude View Post
I dont know what you mean haha I just got my AKG C414 XLII going to my SSL2+ interface and then to my computer, with audacity running
Using any processing in the SSL? Check your gain structure.

I could say you need to BUY a DAW to get good results but that wouldn't be true.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

I could say you need to BUY a DAW to get good results but that wouldn't be true.
Oh god, idk, the gain was just at half. Dang ill try to take a closer look at it. I just got all the equipment. My old USB AT2020 mic was distorting in audacity as well. It used to never distort so idk what happened
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

what would be the simplest DAW to get? All I want is to record raw .wav files, don't need any plug-ins, and then drag it into fl studio. Recording with fl studio seems to be a pain. I dont want to have my sound output coming from the audio interface because I cant stand hearing my voice in the headphones while recording and fl studio it seems thats the only way, plus it just seems complicated. Audacity is so easy I love it, it's just clipping sadly.

Btw when I did record the vocals using fl studio there was no clipping
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear