The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
External effect not found by Cubase 10.5
Old 28th April 2020
External effect not found by Cubase 10.5

Hi there,

For some reason my Chandler TG Mic Cassettes (stereo) are not being found by Cubase as a load a project (as per warning message). I can still add the effect on a channel although sometimes it has the external plugin name (TG is what I call it) or it just says 'external plugin' and it all seems glitchy and random. When I play tracks through it it give a one second delay along with the sound - say a snare sounds normal, the compression is activated on TG, then a delay, so two snares for each hit.

The only thing I can think of to make this glitch is that I turned my RME Fireface UCX interface off while computer was still running, then next day turned UCX back on - normally I turn off computer then UCX when finishing session. Sometimes that can mess around audio outputs from either UCX or internal speakers of iMac.

Can't find any solution to this glitch. Tried deleting external effect then creating it again, right clicking on bus column to reconnect link, but still the delay.

Any insight to how to solve this would be great,

cheers.
📝 Reply