The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fruity Loops - Which Edition Should I Get?
Old 27th April 2020
Lives for gear

Fruity Loops - Which Edition Should I Get?

I am looking for FL to do basic stuff. I see a lot of producers use it and just want it as an additional source to make music. I currently own a MPC Live and it has the software which I never use (maybe I should?).

Anyways, I want to add this but not sure which version to get. I dont need the full version but the $99 and $199 versions have me interested. It seems like the $199 version is for recording audio and people using it as a daw. I dont need that.

I am also on a mac with mojve. Sweetwater has a note on their FL software that says:
Please note: Rewire not supported on Mac OS X. If you have questions, please contact us

So what does that mean? How is this used in a daw like studio one? I assume with rewire.

Lastly, what is FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition software? Is there anything special? I could consider buying the fire hardware to use with it if this software is something better than the standard version.
Old 28th April 2020
Lives for gear

Rewire is mainly for interchange of transport info between FL and another DAW. Never used it in the last 20yrs...
You can still use it in StudioOne as a VST plugin...
Fire is a FL dedicated controller...
Looks like you want the Fruity Edition: see here
Old 29th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Flint View Post
Rewire is mainly for interchange of transport info between FL and another DAW. Never used it in the last 20yrs...
You can still use it in StudioOne as a VST plugin...
Fire is a FL dedicated controller...
Looks like you want the Fruity Edition: see here
Thanks. But it seems that the fire edition comes with a "special" version of studio. I might be wrong but the sales pitch makes it seem that there is something more in it. Not sure what it could be though.
Old 16th July 2020
I would go for the $199 version. I used a pirate copy for years and finally when I had enough money got rid of the bad karma and bought the $199 version off Ebay(which is actually the $299 version so waay better deal)

Anyway the reason you want that version is if your composing with FLStudio you want the ability to add audio samples to your composition.
📝 Reply