The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Samplitude Pro X5 ante portas
Old 2nd April 2020
Gear Head
Samplitude Pro X5 ante portas

beside there is sadly no own Samplitude thread (as discussed below), now Samplitude Pro X5 is announced:

- ARA2-support
- "multidimensional parameter steering" (what do they mean?)
- new possiblility of display waveforms with WaveColor (ok, we have now: spectral display and comparisonic, which I love, but what is the new one?)
- better monitoring section for comparing on different speakers
- own tempo track and timing automisation (yes, waited for that! Better than just temo marker)
- Steinbergs Spectral Layers in the newest version

Hm... Do I need the upgrade from X4? You get a whole new license plus the upgrade for 200 Euro`(till April the 5th). So I put the bought X4 to a friend and stay with the upgrade.

Do YOU upgrade? I was not really happy with the stability of SAM anymore and wanted to change to Reaper, but SAM is much more comfortable, and because my long time of using SAM I am much quicker on that.

I did not found a fully new featurelist. Do you have any?
Old 7th May 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboe View Post
beside there is sadly no own Samplitude thread (as discussed below), now Samplitude Pro X5 is announced:

- ARA2-support
- "multidimensional parameter steering" (what do they mean?)
- new possiblility of display waveforms with WaveColor (ok, we have now: spectral display and comparisonic, which I love, but what is the new one?)
- better monitoring section for comparing on different speakers
- own tempo track and timing automisation (yes, waited for that! Better than just temo marker)
- Steinbergs Spectral Layers in the newest version

Hm... Do I need the upgrade from X4? You get a whole new license plus the upgrade for 200 Euro`(till April the 5th). So I put the bought X4 to a friend and stay with the upgrade.

Do YOU upgrade? I was not really happy with the stability of SAM anymore and wanted to change to Reaper, but SAM is much more comfortable, and because my long time of using SAM I am much quicker on that.

I did not found a fully new featurelist. Do you have any?
Hey Oboe,
regarding the "last chance"-upgrade offers I highly recommend this thread.

At the moment I'm still happy with Pro x3. I don't know the new features of pro x4, but Pro X5 is said to have these new ones (may not be complete though):

- ARA 2 implementation
- MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) compatibility
- dedicated tempo tracks and automation shapes.
- WaveColor (I thought this is just like Comparasonics, correct me if i'm wrong)
- a new monitoring section
- 11 new software instruments
- Convology XT Complete convolution reverb

Pro X5 Suite:
- includes Steinberg Spectralayers Pro 6 and 7
- coreFX Suite
- iZotope RX Elements
- Ozone 9 Elements.

EDIT: I could imagine "multidimensional parameters" to be an explanation of Spectralayers Pro

Last edited by romanxtk; 7th May 2020 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: added multidimensional parameter explanation
Old 7th May 2020
Gear Head
well, I did the upgrade and: again, the upgrade was not going smooth:
- Dongle activation needs a separate serial number
- earlier: you got a X3 license and an X4 upgrade
- this offer: X3 to X4 upgrade and an X4 to X5 upgrade at the same price
- Wavecolor doesn't worked in the demo project, but in other it worked
- die plugin-pathes are lost, the system pathes are not scanned by default

Beside of that I am trying out step by step, how the ARA integration now works better with melodyne, the reverb-tool is really great. Spectral layers I did not used before, but perhaps I try it.

The tempo track is an great idea, the comparisonics-search is a nice idea as well (not really documented well): but it doesn't work.

I get a bunch of licensing errors.

Ok, the new monitor controller is cool, I would like to have added a left-right switch switch :-)

So again, I am writing with the support. Gladly there are no ongoing projects now. The support is really handy, but they put again a software on the market, which is not ready for release :-(

Over all I am used to Sam and I really like the broad functions. But why they put banana software to the clients?
📝 Reply