The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Finally jumping into the 21st century
Old 17th October 2019
Here for the gear

Finally jumping into the 21st century

So I've been recording for awhile and have taken pride in acquiring all instrument sounds through natural means. I play everything a typical rock band has and I record and mix it all myself. No samples, no fancy plug-ins except the stuff like reverb and mastering comps/gates that came with my DAW, etc. I'm realizing now that the long way doesn't always pay off and I'm longing for those huge record sounds like Chevelle and Seether, etc.

I was thinking of going the software route and doing a guitar amp sim, bass sim, and slate trigger drums. Would that sound too fake or would I get where I need to be?

What has really been holding me back lately is the set-up time and all of the miking, getting tones, phase issues, etc. It takes forever so I haven't done an album in a good while.

I have an entire basement and garage full of guitars, amps, snares, cymbals, rack gear, etc that I've used throughout the years to get there. It's embarrassing. But. Could I really just plug my guitar into my USB interface and get world class Recto tones, or more importantly, VHT Pitbull?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search