The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
FL Studio on OS X
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

FL Studio on OS X

Hi, I realize FL on OS X is still fairly new territory for Image Line, but just thought I would see if there is anyone on here that is using FL Studio on OS X without any regular crashes? (Image Line support seem a little out of it).

If you are using FL Studio 20 on OS X without any noticeable issues, can you post which OS X version you are on, how much ram are you working with, and what audio interface(s) are you using.
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Head

2017 MacBook Pro. 8 GB ram. Sierra. Use it pretty much every day. Crashes maybe once a week - only on loading a saved song. Always loads no problem after restarting FL.

I’m actually pretty impressed with how stable it is.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
2017 MacBook Pro. 8 GB ram. Sierra. Use it pretty much every day. Crashes maybe once a week - only on loading a saved song. Always loads no problem after restarting FL.

I’m actually pretty impressed with how stable it is.
Are you using 20?

Damn, its crashing all the time on my setup. I will check my memory just in case of bad ram.
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
Are you using 20?

Damn, its crashing all the time on my setup. I will check my memory just in case of bad ram.

FL studio 20, yes. 20.5.1 to be exact.
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

I used FL on my old MacBook Air from 2013 during the beta phase without any crashes.
The v20 runs fine now as well..!
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks for replies. Not i am in limbo land. I either have failing drive sectors or bad or incompatible memory. I am hitting the Apple OS X dev forums to see how to debug access violations via strace

What is odd is other software like Cubase, Ablerton Lite and other stuff does not crash my setup ever. I even loaded 50 track projects on this old Mac Mini in Cubase and I am pretty sure I was hitting the upper limits of the RAM and CPU and no issues at all.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search