The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Came across the weirdest way to free up CPU in FL studio 20. Does it really work??
Old 16th September 2019
Here for the gear

Came across the weirdest way to free up CPU in FL studio 20. Does it really work??

Guys who work in FLS I'm confused here... I'll be happy If you will share your opinions on the method described below (does it really work the way it presented in the video, cause the sound changes somehow - i'm not sure)

Yesterday I came across this tutorial on YT. Tutorial is on how to save CPU in massive FL Studio projects and thus get rid of any crackling while making music in FL 20. The guy in the video claims this method (as far as I can remember the method is called "instruments channel sampling") helps to free up your CPU by replacing "monster-synths" with their sampled copy of DirectWave instrument.

I've tried this and it works great when it comes to CPU saving, but I hear some weird difference between original VST and sampled copy, maybe I'm lacking some info on export settings? My main problem is how to achieve the best results with sampling by this method??? Cause it does help hugely with saving my CPU resources but I want it to work as the perfect copy of all my synths.

Here's the tutorial with this method:

Thank you all guys in advance!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

DirectWave records a sample of each note, which sounds exactly the same every time you hit that note again. This will make it sound static.

Also, when you hold down the note long enough, it will loop the sample, which will obviously sound different than when you generate the sound "live".

You'd better just record the whole part in your song (this is called "freezing" a part/stem), instead of recording all the single notes and then creating the melody.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search