The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What is the difference between the fl20 versions?
Old 31st July 2019
Lives for gear
What is the difference between the fl20 versions?

Im thinking of buyin it but whats the difference between the signature version, the producer version and the fruity edition?
Old 31st July 2019
Gear Nut

https://www.image-line.com/flstudio-...omparison/?t=5

Fruity edition is too limited. It lacks basic editing audio files, like custom cutting.
(Slicer is a piano roll loop divider, aka break loops into samples controlled by notes placed in piano roll, sometimes neat thing, but only automated cutting.)
And it lacks recording.

---

Signature has DirectWave Full, an advanced sampler.
For example, record a bunch of sounds from a real instrument (Piano), then compile them into DirectWave to play the instrument on FL instead.
Supports dynamics, as long as it is recorded.
Pitcher - FL version of Autotune.
Video player too. I'm just thinking.... why?
Some other stuff like Gross beat, fun tool, but not necessary.

---

In my opinion, producer edition is the one that gets you going, and those tools Signature has, is what you find VST's that do sort of the same jobs.

---

I would argue that FL is a solo artist program, that may be enough for you, especially if you like the workflow of FL, and you only do single-tracking.
If you need easy multi-tracking of mics and instruments, may consider Reaper instead for example.
Old 31st July 2019
Lives for gear
Thx for youre reply. I have a bunch of hardware i wanna integrate at a later date but for now i Just wanna get bizzi in fl20. So i wont do too much audio recording.

Im wondering if i can cheap skate with the producer edition for now and upgrade to signature at a later date?

I already have a gang of plug ins, could use initial audio slow mo instead of gross beat.

Just bought a new macbook so money is tight
Old 31st July 2019
Gear Nut

I believe things are different after buying Prod Ed. You then kind of buying the software twice.

And are you sure you need any of the gadgets that follows Signature Ed? You say you have plugins already.
Old 30th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakapow View Post
wondering if i can cheap skate with the producer edition for now and upgrade to signature at a later date?
Producer Edition is great. I've used it for a decade happily. If you need more stuff, Waves and PluginBoutique are far more affordable than any Image-Line upgrades.

If you don't want to record at all, you can really go cheap and stick with the $99 Fruityloops Edition.

And yes, you can always upgrade FL editions later at a slightly discounted price.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I believe I saw a sale on the Akai FL controller. If it's still available, you may want to look at that as an option . You get a copy of FL and then a really decent discount on the upgrade. That's what I did.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search