The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acid Pro 9 from Magix
Old 22nd June 2019
Lives for gear

Acid Pro 9 from Magix

Has anyone tried Acid Pro 9 since Magix has taken it over? I always liked the simplicity of Acid and made some great tracks with it. I know Apathy still uses it. It looks like they have included some pretty nice plugins with it now.

Anyone have any experience since Magix release it? Any good?
Old 11th July 2019
mjn
Here for the gear

Lots of problems with Acid Pro 9 being reported. Take a look at the forum:

https://www.magix.info/us/audio-foru...roduct-family/

I've been looking to update from version 7, but won't take the chance until I see more positive reports!
Old 7th December 2019
Here for the gear

Hi. If anyone interested, I'm selling never used Acid Pro 9 license - Redeem Code.
Price 30 euros (regular 149 USD).
Send me an email if interested vainio @ inbox (dot) lv
Old 10th December 2019
Gear Maniac

After years (over a decade) with Sound Forge on both PC & Mac, I finally jumped ship d/t total lack of support from Magix.

They have be slow to update.
They wanted a ridiculous 'upgrade' fee for no significant application changes.
Their forum is dead compared to the old Sony forum.
Their website is unhelpful (at best) in most situations.

I would avoid anything from them where possible. Their origins in cheap music/photo/NLE software are showing through the seams of their fancy 'new clothes' (i.e. the former Sonic Foundry/Sony code base they purchased). My opinion is that the emperor has no new (Magix) clothes.
Old 10th December 2019
I had a number of Sound Forge products. ACID, Sound Forge, a number of versions of Vegas (which became Sony Movie Studio at some point). I thought Sony did a pretty reasonable job as steward of the SF franchise.

THAT I would not say about the Corel-like, bottom-feeding software clearing house Magix.

I DID buy one update from them. It did NOT work. I could NOT get my money back. I had to abandon upgrading a title I'd used for a decade or more.

I won't buy from them. Period.

Last edited by theblue1; 11th December 2019 at 04:30 AM..
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear