The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?
Old 31st October 2019
Here for the gear

Another disappointed customer here. I loved Spectre.
I hope they sort it out soon for the benefit of all concerned.
In the meantime, can anyone recommend another free-standing app that offers similar metering features to Spectre?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So....no news after AES then huh?
Old 4 weeks ago
I haven't done the research and scoured this thread, what alternatives do we have that are Mac-based for PQ/DDP authoring? I've been burned now by Waveburner and Triumph. I am thinking about jumping to Magix (for four-point editing mostly but also disc authoring.) But that's PC-based, ugh.

+crg
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wavelab is probably the closest in terms of features, though Studio One does DDP and meta data as well. I believe someone earlier in the thread when we listed them mentioned DSP Quattro was working still too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizziness View Post
I haven't done the research and scoured this thread, what alternatives do we have that are Mac-based for PQ/DDP authoring? I've been burned now by Waveburner and Triumph. I am thinking about jumping to Magix (for four-point editing mostly but also disc authoring.) But that's PC-based, ugh.

+crg
I started using HOFA CD-Burn DDP Master, even before Triumph disappeared. My needs are relatively simple, and I do my mastering in other software, but it's pretty full-featured for <$100.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/cd-burn-ddp-master/
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

This is the twitter feed of the new owners of Triumph. The tweet about them purchasing AudioFile is about the 8th one down

https://mobile.twitter.com/krekeltronics
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHenry View Post
This is the twitter feed of the new owners of Triumph. The tweet about them purchasing AudioFile is about the 8th one down

I just asked them when they'd make the software usable by existing owners...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHenry View Post

Apparently that deal didn't include these apps: Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Based on Matthew Foust's reply earlier in this thread that they "are in the process of transitioning them to an established audio software brand who will restore the licensing system and continue development of the applications", it sounds like Audiofile (or now Krekeltronics) once again owns the app code. Considering they were merged with Krekeltronics two years ago and still don't have their own apps released, I'm not hoding out much hope for getting access to Triumph or Myriad any time soon.

I can't even tell you how frustrating it is not being able to open previous client projects any more due to all this mess. I've had to redo soooo many mastering projects from scratch because I can't access the work I did before and the artist just wants a small change here and there. I'm ok witk the app not being developed anymore if that's the way this all plays out, but it's ridiculous that we can't authorize the app or weren't given a 1 time lifetime unlock code.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I emailed them again yesterday and just got a reply:

"We are working on an agreement. We hope to be able to announce something soon. Just taking some time to iron out the details. "

Fingers crossed...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Tried to contact Mathew

I saw on this blog a way to reach out to Mathew. We wrote to him a few weeks back. Unlike the rest of you we still have no response from him. So today we sent a second email which reads as follows: (maybe he'll see this one)

Dear Matthew,
I reached out to you using this email address a few weeks back, with no response. Others have written to this account and you have responded, (according to those who received answers back), so I have no idea why you wouldn’t respond to us?

Remember, you guys reached out to Razormaid in the very beginning, before any software was released and I was on the next plane to you with no hesitation. After 7 days, upon completion after returning home, we spent MONTHS and thousands of man hours promoting, selling, training and free tech support to our members and anyone who bought your software (even if they didn't buy it from us), without any thought or request for compensation. At one point I was personally logging in over 75 hours a week doing this, according to my business partner who showed me multiple phone bills. Because of that "past", I expected at least a professional "industry courtesy” response to my last email offering to buy everything.

As I told you, we have a financial backer who is the producer of our upcoming world wide Razormaid tour, willing to assist us in purchasing all the software titles that are no longer functioning. We're doing this to try to salvage and limit any further damage to everyone’s reputation, by getting the software working now, for those (like myself) who paid for them, but now find the server no longer letting us sign on. If nothing else, all these titles are available “hacked” online at various web sites which are STILL online an available as I write this, but your customers are obviously NOT wanting to go that route, so at the very least turn on the “paid” versions for those of us who paid for them.

I completely understand if you’re trying to sell these titles, but there’s no excuse to not allow the server to stay functioning during that transition, since that’s the activation method you chose to use. In fact, I personally feel responsible for this aspect of this current situation, because it was ME during that 1 week trip to Minneapolis that insisted you make (then) Wave Editor “hack proof”, so Razormaid clients wouldn’t pester me for free versions. And now here we are!

None of us caught up in this, did anything except trust you, pay you and stayed loyal to your company for the last 15+ years. I would hope anyone intelligent enough to write these awesome apps would also understand how causing them to not work would cause the reaction I’m seeing - not just in this blog, but many other sites too.

As a business owner and commercial producer for the last 35 years, it’s horrifying to see and witness this. Imagine if all the music Razormaid sold to hundreds of thousands of people world wide, just “stopped working”? OMG! It would be the end of my career and any future aspirations as well!

Like the others on this blog, we too have literally THOUSANDS of files, saved in a software that no other software can read. That means that we can no longer open them - if nothing more than to just save them out, to any other format. We are at a complete stoppage as a result. Future projects halted, as well as current projects we were in the middle of. With no way to open and get our files saved to a different format we (along with everyone else) are literally screwed and our clients are suffering, which now affects OUR reputation too.

Just give us a price quote, we’ll cut you a check.
We will get the ball rolling quickly, I promise you that.

Surely you have enough insight to realize that both your reputation, Ev’s and any future buyer’s success are now at risk? PLEASE let Razormaid help salvage all your hard work by purchasing these titles and get them up working quickly, before this situation gets any worse.

Thanks Matthew,

Joseph Watt
Razormaid Productions
Scottsdale, AZ
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

That's the software industry, folks. The best bet is to move on and find other tools to use. If/when these titles are brought back, do you still want to invest your work in them? I don't. In fact, I'll use less productive products instead because I'd rather be less productive then not productive.

End users, move on if you haven't already. All this stuff makes it seems like "something is going to happen soon". The liklihood is that it won't. There is no rationale to suggest "it's just around the corner". The corner has been turned around already.

That's my take. you can keep hoping if you want of course. I think it's a wash. It's over. Find other solutions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search