The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?
Old 31st October 2019
Here for the gear

Another disappointed customer here. I loved Spectre.
I hope they sort it out soon for the benefit of all concerned.
In the meantime, can anyone recommend another free-standing app that offers similar metering features to Spectre?
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear

So....no news after AES then huh?
Old 5th November 2019
I haven't done the research and scoured this thread, what alternatives do we have that are Mac-based for PQ/DDP authoring? I've been burned now by Waveburner and Triumph. I am thinking about jumping to Magix (for four-point editing mostly but also disc authoring.) But that's PC-based, ugh.

+crg
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear

Wavelab is probably the closest in terms of features, though Studio One does DDP and meta data as well. I believe someone earlier in the thread when we listed them mentioned DSP Quattro was working still too.
Old 5th November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizziness View Post
I haven't done the research and scoured this thread, what alternatives do we have that are Mac-based for PQ/DDP authoring? I've been burned now by Waveburner and Triumph. I am thinking about jumping to Magix (for four-point editing mostly but also disc authoring.) But that's PC-based, ugh.

+crg
I started using HOFA CD-Burn DDP Master, even before Triumph disappeared. My needs are relatively simple, and I do my mastering in other software, but it's pretty full-featured for <$100.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/cd-burn-ddp-master/
Old 19th November 2019
Gear Addict

This is the twitter feed of the new owners of Triumph. The tweet about them purchasing AudioFile is about the 8th one down

https://mobile.twitter.com/krekeltronics
Old 19th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHenry View Post
This is the twitter feed of the new owners of Triumph. The tweet about them purchasing AudioFile is about the 8th one down

I just asked them when they'd make the software usable by existing owners...
Old 19th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHenry View Post

Apparently that deal didn't include these apps: Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?
Old 19th November 2019
Lives for gear

Based on Matthew Foust's reply earlier in this thread that they "are in the process of transitioning them to an established audio software brand who will restore the licensing system and continue development of the applications", it sounds like Audiofile (or now Krekeltronics) once again owns the app code. Considering they were merged with Krekeltronics two years ago and still don't have their own apps released, I'm not hoding out much hope for getting access to Triumph or Myriad any time soon.

I can't even tell you how frustrating it is not being able to open previous client projects any more due to all this mess. I've had to redo soooo many mastering projects from scratch because I can't access the work I did before and the artist just wants a small change here and there. I'm ok witk the app not being developed anymore if that's the way this all plays out, but it's ridiculous that we can't authorize the app or weren't given a 1 time lifetime unlock code.
Old 20th November 2019
Lives for gear

I emailed them again yesterday and just got a reply:

"We are working on an agreement. We hope to be able to announce something soon. Just taking some time to iron out the details. "

Fingers crossed...
Old 20th November 2019
Here for the gear

Tried to contact Mathew

I saw on this blog a way to reach out to Mathew. We wrote to him a few weeks back. Unlike the rest of you we still have no response from him. So today we sent a second email which reads as follows: (maybe he'll see this one)

Dear Matthew,
I reached out to you using this email address a few weeks back, with no response. Others have written to this account and you have responded, (according to those who received answers back), so I have no idea why you wouldn’t respond to us?

Remember, you guys reached out to Razormaid in the very beginning, before any software was released and I was on the next plane to you with no hesitation. After 7 days, upon completion after returning home, we spent MONTHS and thousands of man hours promoting, selling, training and free tech support to our members and anyone who bought your software (even if they didn't buy it from us), without any thought or request for compensation. At one point I was personally logging in over 75 hours a week doing this, according to my business partner who showed me multiple phone bills. Because of that "past", I expected at least a professional "industry courtesy” response to my last email offering to buy everything.

As I told you, we have a financial backer who is the producer of our upcoming world wide Razormaid tour, willing to assist us in purchasing all the software titles that are no longer functioning. We're doing this to try to salvage and limit any further damage to everyone’s reputation, by getting the software working now, for those (like myself) who paid for them, but now find the server no longer letting us sign on. If nothing else, all these titles are available “hacked” online at various web sites which are STILL online an available as I write this, but your customers are obviously NOT wanting to go that route, so at the very least turn on the “paid” versions for those of us who paid for them.

I completely understand if you’re trying to sell these titles, but there’s no excuse to not allow the server to stay functioning during that transition, since that’s the activation method you chose to use. In fact, I personally feel responsible for this aspect of this current situation, because it was ME during that 1 week trip to Minneapolis that insisted you make (then) Wave Editor “hack proof”, so Razormaid clients wouldn’t pester me for free versions. And now here we are!

None of us caught up in this, did anything except trust you, pay you and stayed loyal to your company for the last 15+ years. I would hope anyone intelligent enough to write these awesome apps would also understand how causing them to not work would cause the reaction I’m seeing - not just in this blog, but many other sites too.

As a business owner and commercial producer for the last 35 years, it’s horrifying to see and witness this. Imagine if all the music Razormaid sold to hundreds of thousands of people world wide, just “stopped working”? OMG! It would be the end of my career and any future aspirations as well!

Like the others on this blog, we too have literally THOUSANDS of files, saved in a software that no other software can read. That means that we can no longer open them - if nothing more than to just save them out, to any other format. We are at a complete stoppage as a result. Future projects halted, as well as current projects we were in the middle of. With no way to open and get our files saved to a different format we (along with everyone else) are literally screwed and our clients are suffering, which now affects OUR reputation too.

Just give us a price quote, we’ll cut you a check.
We will get the ball rolling quickly, I promise you that.

Surely you have enough insight to realize that both your reputation, Ev’s and any future buyer’s success are now at risk? PLEASE let Razormaid help salvage all your hard work by purchasing these titles and get them up working quickly, before this situation gets any worse.

Thanks Matthew,

Joseph Watt
Razormaid Productions
Scottsdale, AZ
Old 20th November 2019
Gear Addict

That's the software industry, folks. The best bet is to move on and find other tools to use. If/when these titles are brought back, do you still want to invest your work in them? I don't. In fact, I'll use less productive products instead because I'd rather be less productive then not productive.

End users, move on if you haven't already. All this stuff makes it seems like "something is going to happen soon". The liklihood is that it won't. There is no rationale to suggest "it's just around the corner". The corner has been turned around already.

That's my take. you can keep hoping if you want of course. I think it's a wash. It's over. Find other solutions.
Old 11th December 2019
Here for the gear

Today after the auto-reply I got this information:

"Yes, we are making progress on hammering out an agreement with an established audio software developer. We hope to have an announcement soon. Stay tuned!"

Fingers crossed.

Stuart
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Would be funny if the established audio software developer was Aurchitect.
Old 19th December 2019
plx
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadstaky View Post
Hi all,

Good (?) news for you who have Aurchitect products AND a BACKUP (in my case from Carbon Copy Cloner) of an old macOS install when your apps where activated, and for anyone who wants to activate the impossible-now-to-activate-license(s).

After hours of research, I've found where the licenses files are stored (I have purchased Aura and Myriad) :

It's in a hidden folder that you can't even see with a 'ls -al' in a Terminal, but you can copy the licenses with a simple 'rsync -av' command.

1) rsync the user Library folder from the macOS backup to a place (for example Documents/Aurchitect/) on an external HDD.
2) With the Finder, open the rsync'ed user Library (Documents/Aurchitect/Library/) and delete everything.
3) Do your clean macOS install
4) In my case, I've reinstalled Aura and Myriad
5) rsync -av <place where old user library has been backed up>/Library/ /User/<user name>/Library/
6) That's it !
7) Enjoy

Hope it will be useful for you friends.

Best,

Nad
I found it. If you press shift+cmd+. (dot), it shows hidden files in finder. the file is at the bottom, and it looks something like ".d83hruje"

1) copy that file to the other library, run app.
It creates a new ".346gdofisj" file in trial mode.

2) Close app.
3) copy the new ".346gdofisj" file name.
4) delete the new ".346gdofisj" file.
5) rename the old ".d83hruje" file to new name".346gdofisj"
6) open - it's registered.
Old 22nd December 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx View Post
I found it. If you press shift+cmd+. (dot), it shows hidden files in finder. the file is at the bottom, and it looks something like ".d83hruje"

1) copy that file to the other library, run app.
It creates a new ".346gdofisj" file in trial mode.

2) Close app.
3) copy the new ".346gdofisj" file name.
4) delete the new ".346gdofisj" file.
5) rename the old ".d83hruje" file to new name".346gdofisj"
6) open - it's registered.
You guys are my hero!
Old 26th December 2019
Here for the gear

As a follow up to the above, I got my 2017 copy of Triumph working again, then it stopped, asking for the licence again. Today I simply trashed the .ABC123345 hidden file in usr/library and rather than replacing with a relabelled backup version, I just restarted Triumph and it worked first time, creating a new hidden file.

Maybe this works for others too....hope its useful info for others.
Old 26th December 2019
Lives for gear

It’s certainly a strategy, but I think you’re just running Triumph in perpetual demo mode.
Old 26th December 2019
Here for the gear

Hello all :-)

Copying your Aurchitect licences work only when you a on the "same" Mac as when you managed to register the last time.

I've changed my 2018 MBP (where registration worked fine) for a 2019 MBP.
I've noticed that it stopped working : demo mode.

So, I've created for you a little bash script to reset the trial when it asks you for register

Let's go :

1) Create a "Scripts" folder in Documents (I have many bash scripts so I place them there)

2) open TextEdit and copy the following :

#!bin/bash

rm /Users/eric/Library/.*[0-9]*

My User name is Eric, don't forget to replace it with yours.

3) Save it in Documents/Scripts and give it this name :
Delete_Aurchitect_Licenses.sh

DON'T FORGET TO ADD ".sh" AT THE END OF THE NAME

4) Open a Terminal and type the following :

chmod +x Documents/Scripts/Delete_Aurchitect_Licenses.sh

5) That's it for the script

6) When the trial ends for one of your Aurchitect products, quit your Aurchitect apps, just open a terminal and type :

sh Documents/Scripts/Delete_Aurchitect_Licenses.sh

7) You are in full trial mode again. Enjoy ! (Works for Aura and Myriad, I think I'll work work other Aurchitect apps)

Merry Christmas !

Eric
Old 26th December 2019
Here for the gear

Post Scriptum : I've created a tweak to reset the trial each time you power on/reboot your Mac.

But it's a little more complicated. If you are interested in getting this, just let me know

Eric
Old 30th December 2019
Lives for gear

Well I guess that's that. Just got this pop up on my back up laptop, didn't do anything or install any OS updates, but any time I try and launch Triumph now I get this:

Clicking add license leads to...nothing, nothing happens. Sigh, shame but I guess the writing was on the wall. :(
Old 30th December 2019
Lives for gear

Has anyone tried installing to a virtual machine in Parallels and when the demo times out, simply installing to a new virtual machine to start the demo period over again?

A pain in the butt, but may help if you've run out of time in demo mode.
Old 25th January 2020
Here for the gear

The file replacement worked for Myriad, but not for Loop Editor 2. It says demo expired. If I delete the file it reverts to demo mode, but unfortunately you can't export files from he demo. Any ideas for getting this to work? I even booted from the old drive (hooked up via USB, I since then replaced it with SSD) and it's still showing demo expired (maybe it calls home to verify?)

Can you recommend any MacOSX software for writing loop points with crossfade into WAV files? Preferably ones that can be scripted for batch processing as Loop Editor can?
Old 27th January 2020
plx
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadstaky View Post
Hello all :-)

Copying your Aurchitect licences work only when you a on the "same" Mac as when you managed to register the last time.

I've changed my 2018 MBP (where registration worked fine) for a 2019 MBP.
I've noticed that it stopped working : demo mode.
are you sure?
I've copied my Myriad license from Mac Mini to MacBook Pro 2018 and it's been working fine since i last wrote something here
Old 5th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchetect View Post
- Activation files are stored in the Users/<username>/Library/ folder.

- Each app creates a hidden file with an 8-character random name, ie ".abcd1234".

Use Terminal to see them:

Code:
cd ~/Library
Code:
ls -al | grep '\.[0-9A-Fa-f]\{8\}'
You can then show hidden files in Finder by using the Cmd+Shift+Period hotkey to see them, which I find to be easier to manipulate them. (Repeating the hotkey hides hidden files again when you're all done.)

- If you only ever used one Audiofile/Aurchitect app, then this is easy. However, if you have more than one app installed, figuring out which file belongs to which app is as simple as moving these files elsewhere (ie: to the desktop) and then launching each app one at a time, and seeing what filename gets created in Users/<username>/Library after launching that particular app.

- Important: This file names are unique to THAT app on THAT computer. So if Triumph's file is ".4e9aeff3" then Triumph's file will always be ".4e9aeff3" on that computer. But Triumph's filename will be different on a different computer.

- Obviously make sure all Audiofile/Aurchitect apps are quit before doing the following.

Scenario 1) Restoring an activation from a time machine backup of THE SAME Mac
Easy... just copy those 8-char files from the same location in the backup, to your Users/<username>/Library and replace the existing ones. If for some reason this doesn't work, see scenario 2 below, regarding renaming files:

Scenario 2) If the activation is from a different computer
These filenames will be different. But the activation data inside the files will still work to run the apps regardless. Just observe what the filenames are for each app on the destination system and rename the working activations you copied over from a working system to become the destination system's filenames so the apps will read them.
Thank you so much!
I've successfully transfered my license to a fresh install of Mojave.

To get it running on my new computer, I first tried copying Myriad.app in Applications, and all content in <User>/Library/Application Support/Myriad from the old computer.
That didn't work. I got a pop-up window saying "Myriad couldn't be opened."

So I connected the Time Machine drive from the old computer to the freshly installed Mojave.
In the latest backup in Backups.backupdb I browsed to the Application folder and dragged the Myriad.app to the Application folder of the new computer.
I could then open Myriad in trial mode.
After replacing the activation file as described by orchetect I am now up and running Myriad again.
Old 5th February 2020
Lives for gear

This thread is a life-saver. Thank you guys.

What's the latest word on the future? Is the development totally dead? At least when Redmatica went into Apple, they had the decency to issue a new version with new serials that would work in the future.

/C
Old 13th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchetect View Post
Spent a few hours sussing this out a few weeks back and just getting around to posting this now in the interest of helping keep people happy while everything is in limbo.

If you have access to a working activation (either from a time machine backup or from another computer) you can use that activation data to get the app working offline, without needing online re-activation.

I've tested this with Aura, Spectre and Triumph.

- Activation files are stored in the Users/<username>/Library/ folder.

- Each app creates a hidden file with an 8-character random name, ie ".abcd1234".

Use Terminal to see them:

Code:
cd ~/Library
Code:
ls -al | grep '\.[0-9A-Fa-f]\{8\}'
You can then show hidden files in Finder by using the Cmd+Shift+Period hotkey to see them, which I find to be easier to manipulate them. (Repeating the hotkey hides hidden files again when you're all done.)

- If you only ever used one Audiofile/Aurchitect app, then this is easy. However, if you have more than one app installed, figuring out which file belongs to which app is as simple as moving these files elsewhere (ie: to the desktop) and then launching each app one at a time, and seeing what filename gets created in Users/<username>/Library after launching that particular app.

- Important: This file names are unique to THAT app on THAT computer. So if Triumph's file is ".4e9aeff3" then Triumph's file will always be ".4e9aeff3" on that computer. But Triumph's filename will be different on a different computer.

- Obviously make sure all Audiofile/Aurchitect apps are quit before doing the following.

Scenario 1) Restoring an activation from a time machine backup of THE SAME Mac
Easy... just copy those 8-char files from the same location in the backup, to your Users/<username>/Library and replace the existing ones. If for some reason this doesn't work, see scenario 2 below, regarding renaming files:

Scenario 2) If the activation is from a different computer
These filenames will be different. But the activation data inside the files will still work to run the apps regardless. Just observe what the filenames are for each app on the destination system and rename the working activations you copied over from a working system to become the destination system's filenames so the apps will read them.
This saved my bacon. THANK YOU! Triumph is something I might use like once a year, so while occasionally it is important for me to be able to export a DDP for CD replication, it's not something I do all the time and did not want to have to pay for it again (i.e. buy another app) having already invested in a solution for that.

Question: does my computer have to stay off the internet while using Triumph with this solution?
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbreck View Post
This saved my bacon. THANK YOU! Triumph is something I might use like once a year, so while occasionally it is important for me to be able to export a DDP for CD replication, it's not something I do all the time and did not want to have to pay for it again (i.e. buy another app) having already invested in a solution for that.

Question: does my computer have to stay off the internet while using Triumph with this solution?
Not sure, but you could always use something like Little Snitch to prevent it from phoning home.
Old 14th February 2020
Here for the gear

Just a random update ... I sent an email just now to the [email protected] address, just to see what would happen ... I got an immediate auto-reply of the "Please know that our number one goal" email cited further up in this thread.

I'll update this post if I get a further personal response on top of that ...

EDIT 16 FEB 20 4:00pm PST: I did in fact just get a personal reply back. It said, in its entirety:

"We are very close to wrapping up an agreement to transition the apps to an established developer. Almost there."

So ... perhaps encouraging? My gut is that if they weren't operating in good faith, they wouldn't bother responding. Here's hoping.

Last edited by hilljam; 17th February 2020 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: update
Old 18th February 2020
Here for the gear

I also had a message a couple of days ago (replying to my email sent two weeks ago FWIW) saying that they're sorting out the final details.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search