The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Confusion

There just still seems to be confusion/lack of communication.

The original partners of Audiofile have everything that Ev did for Audiofile and all he did with Aurchitect. It's 100% in their hands now, Ev can't work on any of the apps update anything, talk about how this occurred etc. Any updates would have to come from the previous partners or whoever take the apps over. The gmail address was given as the line of communication that Ev was to pass to previous customers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmadaMarie View Post
There just still seems to be confusion/lack of communication.

The original partners of Audiofile have everything that Ev did for Audiofile and all he did with Aurchitect. It's 100% in their hands now, Ev can't work on any of the apps update anything, talk about how this occurred etc. Any updates would have to come from the previous partners or whoever take the apps over. The gmail address was given as the line of communication that Ev was to pass to previous customers.
Thanks for commenting. I don't think anyone who has followed this thread is confused. We definitely know EV has no connection to any of this anymore, totally out of his hands. What we are trying to do is get the "ORIGINAL PARTNERS" that are now in possession of said software that we all paid for, to respond here or even at the very least to one our emails that numerous people have sent out. To the ORIGINAL PARTNERS out there, make an appearance sooner than later. Trust me, it will make a difference in the end.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Audiofile had a few other apps in their portfolio besides the ones that Evan continued to develop. For the most part they were small iOS apps, but Fidelia was a prominent entry into the “hi-res music player” category, like Audirvana or Amarra. I still use it in preference to those.

So I have to ask myself why, over the last four years, hasn’t Audiofile moved forward with Fidelia? To me, Fidelia suggests the future for the Aurchitect applications. There’s nothing reasonable in the actions that deprived Evan of his rights to develop Myriad, Triumph and Spectre, and so I hold out little hope for a reasonable resolution to their disappearance.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Hey guys,

just found out about this. I had to reinstall my iMac recently and couldn't manage to activate Triumph again. And after searching around, I ended up here. Well, this is super ugly, b/c I bought Triumph in March 2019. I have Time Machine Backups. Can anybody walk me through the way to reuse old activations? Or is there a version, that creates activation files offline? I also dropped a message to the said email-address. I will let you guys know, if I get any responses.

Thanks from Berlin, x!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ximekon View Post
Hey guys,

just found out about this. I had to reinstall my iMac recently and couldn't manage to activate Triumph again. And after searching around, I ended up here. Well, this is super ugly, b/c I bought Triumph in March 2019. I have Time Machine Backups. Can anybody walk me through the way to reuse old activations? Or is there a version, that creates activation files offline? I also dropped a message to the said email-address. I will let you guys know, if I get any responses.

Thanks from Berlin, x!
I wouldn't hold your breath, but there is somewhere in this thread where someone got it to work.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Just adding my voice again. I sent an email like 3 weeks ago. No response. Have no faith I'll ever receive one. I'm working on alternative solutions. Such a shame.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by introvert View Post
Just adding my voice again. I sent an email like 3 weeks ago. No response. Have no faith I'll ever receive one. I'm working on alternative solutions. Such a shame.
+1

Absent a massive mea culpa and an effort to compensate us for this mess, these guys won't ever see another penny of my money.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadstaky View Post
Hi all,
Good (?) news for you who have Aurchitect products AND a BACKUP (in my case from Carbon Copy Cloner) of an old macOS install when your apps where activated, and for anyone who wants to activate the impossible-now-to-activate-license(s).

After hours of research, I've found where the licenses files are stored (I have purchased Aura and Myriad) :

It's in a hidden folder that you can't even see with a 'ls -al' in a Terminal, but you can copy the licenses with a simple 'rsync -av' command.

1) rsync the user Library folder from the macOS backup to a place (for example Documents/Aurchitect/) on an external HDD.
2) With the Finder, open the rsync'ed user Library (Documents/Aurchitect/Library/) and delete everything.
3) Do your clean macOS install
4) In my case, I've reinstalled Aura and Myriad
5) rsync -av <place where old user library has been backed up>/Library/ /User/<user name>/Library/
6) That's it !
7) Enjoy

Hope it will be useful for you friends.
Best, Nad
This is the earlier post that described a method for re-authorizing the applications.

Thanks to Nad (!!!) and some work today, I'm pretty sure Nad has it correct, with the following comments:

1) The license files are visible doing an "ls -al". They can be found in your Users/<username>/Library folder. This can be accessed by using the "go to folder" command in the Finder.

The license filenames have the format of a period (to make them hidden) followed by eight characters of lowercase alphanumerics and no file extension, for example: ".2a9dd0d2". I have no idea whether the names are the same across all user instances of an application.

You can check which are which by looking at their creation date, comparing it to the creation/modification date on the respective application's cache folder, found in Users/Library/<username>/Caches. Keep in mind that you might have installed the program but authorized it somewhat later.

I've identified these files with certainty, but I haven't tested de- and re-authorizing by copying them in and out of the Library folder. I'll attempt that tomorrow, and if it's successful & I haven't manage to swat the hornet's nest, I'll report back.

Good luck and thanks again to Nad!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Unfortunately, the license files are only part of the story. Authorizing the software updates more than the hidden files in the <username>/Library root, so manually authorizing Triumph (for example) is more complex than just copying these files from your backup disk. And what is changed isn't something simple like the cache files or preferences.

EDIT: I did spend some more time on this, but unfortunately to no avail. Restoring all of the obvious peripheral Triumph files in the Library didn't help any. I spent some time on the obvious issue: changes to file modification times. (This may be why rsync worked for Nad.) But my tools for OSX I guess are too old for a High Sierra Fusion drive, and I can't say I achieved confident results. Even rsync was a little flaky with the "last open" times.

So I'm giving up. I moved to Windows a while ago and very glad I did. I wish Linux was a better audio platform.

It may be that Nad's OSX revision, or the differences between Triumph and Myriad enabled his success. I didn't have any luck with an rsync restore, but you might.

Last bit of info is that the license files mentioned in my post above are binary-format Apple Plists, Base64 encoded.

I hope your luck is better than mine!

Last edited by vze26m98; 3 weeks ago at 05:16 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Spent a few hours sussing this out a few weeks back and just getting around to posting this now in the interest of helping keep people happy while everything is in limbo.

If you have access to a working activation (either from a time machine backup or from another computer) you can use that activation data to get the app working offline, without needing online re-activation.

I've tested this with Aura, Spectre and Triumph.

- Activation files are stored in the Users/<username>/Library/ folder.

- Each app creates a hidden file with an 8-character random name, ie ".abcd1234".

Use Terminal to see them:

Code:
cd ~/Library
Code:
ls -al | grep '\.[0-9A-Fa-f]\{8\}'
You can then show hidden files in Finder by using the Cmd+Shift+Period hotkey to see them, which I find to be easier to manipulate them. (Repeating the hotkey hides hidden files again when you're all done.)

- If you only ever used one Audiofile/Aurchitect app, then this is easy. However, if you have more than one app installed, figuring out which file belongs to which app is as simple as moving these files elsewhere (ie: to the desktop) and then launching each app one at a time, and seeing what filename gets created in Users/<username>/Library after launching that particular app.

- Important: This file names are unique to THAT app on THAT computer. So if Triumph's file is ".4e9aeff3" then Triumph's file will always be ".4e9aeff3" on that computer. But Triumph's filename will be different on a different computer.

- Obviously make sure all Audiofile/Aurchitect apps are quit before doing the following.

Scenario 1) Restoring an activation from a time machine backup of THE SAME Mac
Easy... just copy those 8-char files from the same location in the backup, to your Users/<username>/Library and replace the existing ones. If for some reason this doesn't work, see scenario 2 below, regarding renaming files:

Scenario 2) If the activation is from a different computer
These filenames will be different. But the activation data inside the files will still work to run the apps regardless. Just observe what the filenames are for each app on the destination system and rename the working activations you copied over from a working system to become the destination system's filenames so the apps will read them.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Good info, nice to sort of have a back up in place now.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchetect View Post
Spent a few hours sussing this out a few weeks back and just getting around to posting this now in the interest of helping keep people happy while everything is in limbo.
Thanks very much for posting that. I have two files in my Library folder that match the pattern, and both have date stamps of 1-Feb-2019, which roughly corresponds with my last drive rebuild, but I'm unable to get either Myriad or Triumph to launch. Both give me the "demo period expired" message.

I've never gotten a response from the gmail address, so things aren't looking good. This is very frustrating, and every day that passes makes me less likely to do any future business with whatever entity has killed/sequestered these products. The total radio silence makes this seem like a personal vendetta thing more than an actual business issue.

Evan, I know you can't talk about it, but I sincerely hope that you've already started working on developing new products to compete with / replace these.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I would definitely like for my Triumph and Myriad to work again. I've been using Triumph since what...v1.1 when it was still AudioFile Engineering's "Wave Editor".
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I was just prompted to uninstall/reinstall Myriad from the AppStore because it was cyclically restarting. Only then did I discover Myriad is gone from the app store and cannot be reinstalled, as is Aura for which I was eagerly awaiting a tuning mode. I didn't even get to use these products for 1 year.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Just got this in reply from that email address:

On Oct 11, 2019, at 6:35 PM, Audio Apps Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry that you are currently unable to use your software. Please know that our number one goal is to ensure that you are able to get your software back up and running as soon as possible. We have just recently received the code and related infrastructure for the applications and are in the process of transitioning them to an established audio software brand who will restore the licensing system and continue development of the applications. Stay tuned as we hope to have an announcement shortly after AES New York 2019.

Matthew Foust

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 2:11 AM:
I own a license for Myriad and would like to know how I can re-install it and authorize it. Also what is the future of Myriad?

thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
Just got this in reply from that email address:

On Oct 11, 2019, at 6:35 PM, Audio Apps Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry that you are currently unable to use your software. Please know that our number one goal is to ensure that you are able to get your software back up and running as soon as possible. We have just recently received the code and related infrastructure for the applications and are in the process of transitioning them to an established audio software brand who will restore the licensing system and continue development of the applications. Stay tuned as we hope to have an announcement shortly after AES New York 2019.

Matthew Foust

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 2:11 AM:
I own a license for Myriad and would like to know how I can re-install it and authorize it. Also what is the future of Myriad?

thanks

Yes, I received it too!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yes I just received an email so looks like we'll be back up and running soon. Just in time I might add
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I received it too, just came here to post about it and saw others beat me to it. Good news!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Hawk View Post
Yes I just received an email so looks like we'll be back up and running soon.
I'll point out again that I've been waiting for four years for authorization to be restored to Audiofile's Fidelia app. "Just in time" might be a pretty long wait.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
I also received that mail. Let’s see how it works out.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

First, I would like to say that Spectre is the best bit of software I have ever used. I honestly LOVE Spectre. There is NOTHING out there quite like this. So customizable and so well thought out. Honestly, it has brought me so much awareness about the visual side of audio. Please please please find a way to fix Spectre.

I hope it works out and you can get back to making awesome plugins again!
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Evan, I know you can't talk about it, but I sincerely hope that you've already started working on developing new products to compete with / replace these.[/QUOTE]

Of course! You know Ev is an innovative developer and, despite losing all of his former intellectual property there were and are plans to create the most relevant software for your needs without the IP wolves at the door. Onward and upward. The latest is: http://podcaststudioapp.com if there are any podcasters on here. Good luck all, more to come.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmadaMarie View Post
Quote:
Evan, I know you can't talk about it, but I sincerely hope that you've already started working on developing new products to compete with / replace these.
Of course! You know Ev is an innovative developer and, despite losing all of his former intellectual property there were and are plans to create the most relevant software for your needs without the IP wolves at the door. Onward and upward. The latest is: http://podcaststudioapp.com if there are any podcasters on here. Good luck all, more to come.
Good to hear, and I hope we see a competitor for Myriad in the near term.

One thing I'd like to get passed on to Evan: I hope that this situation has shown you the folly and customer-hostile results of phone-home DRM, analytics, and authorization. I strongly urge you to contact others in the space, especially Valhalla and Klanghelm to get their take on how releasing with no DRM has worked for them.

If future products have the same DRM approach that got us into this mess, I'm unlikely to purchase.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks, Releaux. That said, let me ask this: how do folks feel about the Mac App Store? I'm all open to modern approaches to the problem.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan.olcott View Post
Thanks, Releaux. That said, let me ask this: how do folks feel about the Mac App Store? I'm all open to modern approaches to the problem.
NO! My personal opinion. I bend over for Apple enough as it is. Just use a serial number and build piracy into your business plan. I know nothing about DRM but those in the know advising others often say to "ask urs at u-he as he has come up with a good way to do it". *shrug*
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
How do folks feel about the Mac App Store?
If you expect to remain a Mac-only developer, this seems like a logical choice.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
how do folks feel about the Mac App Store? I'm all open to modern approaches to the problem.
It's not my favorite way to buy apps, but it's not necessarily a deal-breaker.

As for subscription-ware, I definitely try to avoid it.

I don't mind iLok License Manager authorization, if it uses the soft license (i.e., doesn't require the hardware iLok) and if the developer allows two simultaneious authorizations (i.e., laptop and desktop). PSP Audioware does this, for example. The hardware dongle is still an option for folks who work in several locations, so it's a win-win.

I completely understand those who object to authorization that requires an always-on internet connection and would rather register with a serial number and be done with it. That's my favorite too.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Personally I wish all my apps were available from the Mac App Store. Everything is in one place, updates are in one place, authorizations are tied to your account and not your hardware, and their servers are fast so downloads don't take forever. The only downside is no limited time demos first, at least as far as I know.

Another big no vote for subscription-ware from me too though. It's fine for content and things I'll consume, but not for my tools.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
how do folks feel about the Mac App Store?
Zero problems with the Mac App Store. Easy install, easy updates.

Another no vote for subscription plans, however, unless they're purely optional.
Old 2 days ago
Replying to sub so I can find out when I can get Triumph back up and running again.
What a sh*testorm

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search