The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?
Old 9th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan.olcott View Post
I hope the statements I made regarding these matters do not cloud anyone's opinion of any of these products or their eventual new home.

Evan Olcott
Ex-Chief Aurchitect
Aurchitect Audio Software
Thanks, Evan.

As someone who relies heavily on Myriad as part of our daily workflow, I'm curious if there is an "eventual new home." Possible to shed any light there?
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Maniac

I dont know... sounds like a lot of scummy things happened with those who used clout fueled by greed to get their hands on these apps. In the processing leaving users with paid commercial licenses in the dust. I'll keep using Myriad but I doubt I will funnel any more of money into these apps or toward the people that did this. Its scummy and should not be rewarded. I'm willing to use other tools in order to keep my money out of the hands of tyrrants and grifters. Not you Evan... the other party. We'll find out who they are soon enough - bottom-feeders like this don't lay low too long when they smell money in the air.
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Head

I wish they could at least give people a name so we could light a fire under their butts. Stupid gag orders.
Old 9th August 2019
Here for the gear

Honestly I've been told nothing - I've been kept in the dark about that, and I have no clue what the future holds for them.
Old 21st August 2019
Here for the gear

For those of us with Triumph or other software unable to reauthorise due to this message:

"Installing the license failed because A server with the specified hostname could not be found..",

Patrick/Evan can you please advise how we can get our copies working again, or indeed confirm this isn't going to happen anytime soon... I need Triumph working! Is there not a work around that legitimate customers can use?

Thanks

Robin
Old 21st August 2019
Here for the gear

I've been told to tell folks who have questions about the apps to email this address:

[email protected]

I haven't heard any further details about the apps themselves (it's been dead silence for me) but that's apparently the entry point for questions. If you hear anything, post it here too if you could - I'm curious what they're saying.
Old 21st August 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks Evan,

I'll do that

Robin
Old 21st August 2019
Here for the gear

Certainly a disheartening situation for many. I've used Spectre for years and after spending a year beta-testing Aura and volunteering dozens of hours offering feedback and feature suggestions, I would hate for all of that and Evan's hard work to just evaporate.

Evan, are you at liberty to say if you had to surrender your source code from the new apps (ie: Aura)? Or, if these apps ever see the light of day again, will it be Spectre resurrected in its pre-Aura condition?
Old 21st August 2019
Here for the gear

I can say that yes, I had to surrender the source code and all other development materials (artwork, server-side code, customer lists, etc). As far as which apps will resurface, I simply don’t know. It depends on where they end up, I suppose.
Old 22nd August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
I hope the statements I made regarding these matters do not cloud anyone's opinion of any of these products or their eventual new home.
Evan. Thank you for the years of great support, products, and conversations. I hope that everyone involved and the apps end up in a good place.
Old 22nd August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
I've been told to tell folks who have questions about the apps to email this address:

[email protected]

I haven't heard any further details about the apps themselves (it's been dead silence for me) but that's apparently the entry point for questions. If you hear anything, post it here too if you could - I'm curious what they're saying.
Seems odd to me that this email address is posted by Evan instead of the new owner(s) of the apps. Nonetheless, I sent a message early yesterday asking how to get Myriad working again.

No response - not even an auto-reply.

These people aren't behaving like responsible adults much less good businesspeople who care about their customers or their reputation.

While I really liked Myriad, I can do what I need to do with other apps.

Last edited by BobK88; 22nd August 2019 at 10:49 PM..
Old 22nd August 2019
Here for the gear

I have also messaged this email address and as yet heard nothing.

Come on whoever you are, do right by your inherited customers and sort it out....
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear

Emailed them too. Not sure if this helps, but this situation is so disheartening. Spectre user since the very early days here, and I need this software running...
Old 26th August 2019
Here for the gear

Well for those interested, I've just managed to get Triumph to work! Well, an older version from Time Machine. I was on the latest and rolled back to 2.5.9 from 2015.

This didn't work straight away and it may have been a combination of things that got it working including a restart and replacing the files related to Triumph in the following areas:

User/library/application support,
Library/application support/
library/Application Scripts/

I trashed the crash reports and saved states (library/saved Application States/) related to Triumph

Restarted then tried to re-licence from the app menu. I put my owner and licence code in and it worked...I think the fact that this old version is not connecting to the Auchitect servers but instead to Audiofile Engineering servers or ...Who knows but this older version now works!!!

Next I'm going to try reinstalling the later version over and disabling any outgoing connections for Triumph.

I hope this is useful to someone else who has been tearing their hair out.
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear

Let us know if you're able to update or not. Sadly I'd need the latest version to access any recent client projects, so something from 2015 won't work. I might as well just use Wave Editor at that point :(

I too emailed the link above, and haven't heard anything either. If Triumph is truly dead and no longer going to be developed, I can deal with that I guess. I just wish we could get a one time unlock key that doesn't expire so I can at least go back and reopen older client files if I need to reference what types of processing I did for them.
Old 27th August 2019
Here for the gear

For all of you looking for Myriad and Triumph replacements. No one has mentioned Adobe Audition yet. It is an excellent stereo audio editor, with the ability to very quickly throw things into a multi track environment for more complex edits, this can almost be used like the layers within Triumph. It also has spectral editing capabilities which can be hugely powerful. It also has batch conversion capabilities. Nothing on a par with Myriad with the workflow sequencing, that really was out there, streaks ahead of any of the competition, but at least you can batch convert and process. I know it means paying a monthly subscription to Adobe, which many may not like, but if your business depends on a good stereo editor I feel it is worth it. I've switched to this now to replace Myriad and Triumph, I hope they come back at some point, but in the meantime at least I'm able to work with a great, fast editor and deal with all the batch processing I have to do (a lot!). Check it out if you've not found anything else.
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitedheadroom View Post
For all of you looking for Myriad and Triumph replacements. No one has mentioned Adobe Audition yet. It is an excellent stereo audio editor, with the ability to very quickly throw things into a multi track environment for more complex edits, this can almost be used like the layers within Triumph. It also has spectral editing capabilities which can be hugely powerful. It also has batch conversion capabilities. Nothing on a par with Myriad with the workflow sequencing, that really was out there, streaks ahead of any of the competition, but at least you can batch convert and process. I know it means paying a monthly subscription to Adobe, which many may not like, but if your business depends on a good stereo editor I feel it is worth it. I've switched to this now to replace Myriad and Triumph, I hope they come back at some point, but in the meantime at least I'm able to work with a great, fast editor and deal with all the batch processing I have to do (a lot!). Check it out if you've not found anything else.
Does it handle multiple bit and sample rates?
Old 28th August 2019
Gear Addict

Audition also comes with a subscription. I don't want to add a subscription to my setup.

I just fired a message to the email address mentioned above, I will reply if I get any response from them.
Old 28th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
Depends on what you mean. But on the surface yes it can open and convert to different rates/depths. Or did you mean something else?

Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?-screen-shot-2019-08-27-11.05.49-pm.png
Attached Thumbnails
Architect (Triumph) disappearance! Anyone know anything ... ?-screen-shot-2019-08-27-11.05.49-pm.png  
Old 28th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
Depends on what you mean. But on the surface yes it can open and convert to different rates/depths. Or did you mean something else?

Sorry, I was in a hurry. When I heard the news about Triumph, I bought a copy of Wavelab, which only handled 44.1. Thanks!
Old 28th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
Yes, it handles all the sample rates up to and bit depths up to 192kHz 32bit. It's conversion options are pretty flexible. Also the range of files it will open or import is fairly extensive, including RAW data for files with damaged headers, which got me out of bother the other week.
Old 28th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitedheadroom View Post
Yes, it handles all the sample rates up to and bit depths up to 192kHz 32bit. It's conversion options are pretty flexible. Also the range of files it will open or import is fairly extensive, including RAW data for files with damaged headers, which got me out of bother the other week.
Great, thanks.
Old 29th August 2019
Gear Addict

I've also sent email to the address, but I have to admit - having the primary support address end in "gmail.com" doesn't give me warm fuzzies about the future of these apps or the professionalism of the person/entities who are now responsible for these tools.

One more reason I hate DRM. Only those of us who follow the rules get punished.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

I sent an email referencing this thread but given no one else has received a reply I'm not too hopeful
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

I've only just discovered this situation.. I'm a huge fan of Ev (I even mixed some 12 rods songs back in the day), and I've done beta testing for some of the earlier software (pre name change), and about a year and a half ago I finally purchased Myriad and have used it on every project since to prep files for mixing. It's fantastic.
I've been regularly reporting bugs to Ev and he's been super at responding and addressing them. Yesterday I was reminded of a previous bug wherein ".aif" files created in Reason cannot be imported reliably. I dashed off another email to remind Ev and *IT BOUNCED*.. what the what..?

I searched the web and found this thread (via the KVR forum).

I've read the various explanations and it all smells quite fishy to me, to be honest.

I certainly hope that this product doesn't disappear.. and there are still several issues that need to be addressed in it.

I'm posting here so that I can be kept abreast of any developments.

-CZ
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

Yeah, ANYONE BACK TO WORK YET?
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmadaMarie View Post
Yeah, ANYONE BACK TO WORK YET?
No. I sent an email to the address Evan posted, but got no response.
Old 16th September 2019
Here for the gear

Triumph status

I sent a message to the address some time ago and don't have an answer so don't ever expect one.

I have over two terabytes of high resolution multi-channel files on Triumph and so it is important to me to get Triumph back running if at all possible. I have tried all the suggestions on this thread but none seem to work for me.

Perhaps Evan could write a conversion program - or is he also prevented from doing this?

The current owner of Audiophile Engineering posted that he was trying to get Triumph back - can we get an update on his progress?
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Head

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdk View Post
I sent a message to the address some time ago and don't have an answer so don't ever expect one.

I have over two terabytes of high resolution multi-channel files on Triumph and so it is important to me to get Triumph back running if at all possible. I have tried all the suggestions on this thread but none seem to work for me.

Perhaps Evan could write a conversion program - or is he also prevented from doing this?

The current owner of Audiophile Engineering posted that he was trying to get Triumph back - can we get an update on his progress?
I’m much more interested in Myriad and Loop Editor.
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Nut

Well, Sample Manager (and Myriad, but still Sample Manager even if older is a lot better) makes my workflow much easier and faster so I really hope that this situation will resolve in a positive way...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search