The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Quantizing VSTi MIDI data
Old 4th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quantizing VSTi MIDI data

I used to own an Ensoniq SDS-1 workstation that had a quantize function for cleaning up tracks. This was not like the typical DAW quantize function, which is for audio recorded tracks as far as I know. I wanted to find out if there is a way to use a MIDI quantize function on a DAW for a VSTi, in a similar way, that reworks the discrete MIDI "chunks" behind the VSTi, rather than having to use the usual audio track quantifier for the audio recording of the VSTi.

In other words, can a DAW quantize function operate for a VSTi in the same way that a physical digital keyboard workstation quantize function does; organizing the beat data of a synth track stored digitally? Any free programs for this?

Thanks for any info.
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

DAWs were quantising midi long before they could do it with audio. Not sure why you’d think it’s an audio only thing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search