The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Most Precise DAW
Old 19th February 2019
Most Precise DAW

I've been using FL Studio for 8 years and I'm fluent in it. Only problem now I'm at the point where I want more precise control over editing. In FL Studio the smallest increment you can move a pattern/sample is 1/24th step. To me, I would like something more precise. Like to be able to zoom in farther and move the samples in smaller steps. It would be specifically handy for vocal editing. My question is, which DAW lets you zoom in the farthest and lets you have the smallest movement in editing?
Old 27th February 2019
Gear Nut

I have heard that you can change PPQ settings, but that will effect CPU heavily in FL Studio. I would recommend downloading the free Cakewalk by Bandlab. You can change the timeline format to samples by right clicking on the ruler and selecting timeline format>samples. You can then max horizontal zoom and shift clips by single samples.

Cakewalk has added export options so you can easily bounce the aligned wav clips as stems and bring them back into FL Studio.
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear
I don't know about all DAW's out there but Cubase let's you move events snapfree.
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Nut

I think FL also lets you move items on the playlist snapfree
Old 21st March 2019
Here for the gear

Options --> Project General Settings --> Timebase PPQ

I'll increase to maximum to edit vocals, drums etc, and then revert to default to save CPU when working on the entire mix.

I'll assume you already know about ALT+drag to make fine adjustments.

I was thinking of swapping out FL for a different DAW, but everytime I have an issue and think it can be fixed with a new DAW, I find a solution already built within FL. This is my experience so far anyway...
Attached Thumbnails
Most Precise DAW-ppq.jpg  
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Addict
Cubase's smallest snap grids are 128ths - of course you can turn snap off for free form placement.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search