The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
FL Studio 20 MIDI to Audio
Old 15th January 2019
Here for the gear

FL Studio 20 MIDI to Audio

Hey everyone!

I'm not sure of the correct words to look up on Google to figure this out myself so I figured I'd ask my fellow gearslutz.

I used Fl Studio 10-12 for a LONG time until I finally grew up and switched to Pro Tools. The only problem as we all know is PT12 won't let me use my VST's. I want to be able to make instrumentals in FL Studio 20 with my MIDI keyboard but don't want them to come out as MIDI notes. Is there anyway I can record the equivalent of an "audio track" using virtual instruments in FL Studio 20?

When I've tried playing my keyboard live instead of using that awful pencil tool to map out EVERY SINGLE NOTE it sounds horrible. I loved making instrumentals in Pro Tools 12 I just don't have the money for things like Komplete 12 that support the AAX format, nor do I want to waste the vast quantity of VST's I have on my computer.

I hope you guys understand what I'm talking about (not saying you don't know what you're talking about). I just really don't want them coming in as MIDI notes. It's the most bizarre thing even when I leave them as MIDI notes they sustain for too long and it all sounds like a jumbled mess.

TL;DR How do I record a track with my MIDI keyboard on FL Studio 20 to where it just shows up as a Waveform instead of a Piano Roll clip? Is this even possible? If not I'm in big trouble because I'm soooo limited on AAX instruments.

Thanks for your time!
-Ryan
Old 15th January 2019
Here for the gear

Never mind folks you can close this thread, I just figured it out!
Old 9th July 2019
Here for the gear

How did you figure it out?

I have not been using FL studio very long, maybe two or three years or so, and I also taught myself how to use it. So, I am positive I use everything wrong. But I am hoping to record MIDI as audio like you were talking about. I wanted to use Edison to chop a sample I have taken from vinyl and record it as just audio because MIDI never works for me and frustrates me much more than it should. If you have any insights that would be great!
Old 24th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quick work around is to dl audacity and record the audio into it, and Just expprt it to fl afterwards

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search