The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Samplitude ProX4 Released DAW Software
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Samplitude ProX4 Released

I'm impressed so far. Samplitude was already a very strong DAW, but the new release has come a long way with respect to some of the areas where Samplitude needed some help.

First, it now supports up to 36 cores/threads. Previously, it struggled with more than 14. It's nice to see Samplitude allowing users to take advantage of the available hardware.

Second, it has much improved plugin organization through the new plugin browser. The old menu system was a bit of a hassle, and they've really done a nice job with the plugin browser in X4.

Third, there's a very nice interface for automation curves, which was another sore point in the past. They now have "automation lanes" which is a really nice implementation.

Fourth, the MIDI interface is a improved. I haven't played with that part a lot yet, but it looks like a step up.

Samplitude has always had great functionality, and it's nice to see an update that makes substantial improvements to the interface. It was an easy call to upgrade when I saw these changes.

For any Samplitude fans out there, Pro X4 is worth a look.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
I've so far uploaded 3 videos showing new features in Samplitude Pro X4.

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet View Post

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Just curious why you've been participating on the Cubase forum and getting deep into the program? And your feelings Cubase 10 vs Samplitude X4?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Just curious why you've been participating on the Cubase forum and getting deep into the program? And your feelings Cubase 10 vs Samplitude X4?
I had a friend who wanted to work on a project in Cubase so I was doing a crash course so I could work on it for him.

Regarding my feelings I think Cubase 10 is very good and has some useful features that Samplitude doesn't have like the arranger track and chord tracks to mention two. It's very well integrated and thought out. However there are things I miss compared to Samplitude. Samplitude has extensive metering and Comparisonics wave colours which I find very useful plus the object editor is very flexible. But the main differences I have 14 years experience working with Samplitude compared to Cubase which I only open occasionally. Therefore I am much faster working in Samplitude.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Great videos as usual, what a talent.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I had a friend who wanted to work on a project in Cubase so I was doing a crash course so I could work on it for him.

Regarding my feelings I think Cubase 10 is very good and has some useful features that Samplitude doesn't have like the arranger track and chord tracks to mention two. It's very well integrated and thought out. However there are things I miss compared to Samplitude. Samplitude has extensive metering and Comparisonics wave colours which I find very useful plus the object editor is very flexible. But the main differences I have 14 years experience working with Samplitude compared to Cubase which I only open occasionally. Therefore I am much faster working in Samplitude.
Thanks for that. I'm presently on Studio One but can't get past how it doesn't create a mixer channel for external instruments and apparently never will. I lived with that while I was doing mostly audio projects, but now I want to get deep into MIDI stuff. I'm quite sure Cubase is better for that ... only there's something about its main forum which has in common with Pro Tools the fact that half the posts are about how unhappy people are with the company.

Speaking of colors, OMG, there are so many threads about people in rebellion about that on the Cubase forum!

I'd really prefer migrating to a DAW/company where users and employees are on the same page and there's mutual respect. Is that Samplitude?

And I know that over the years certain improvements have been made to the MIDI capability. As I still like hardware keyboards (not exclusively, I use VST instruments, too), the idea of actually seeing program names in the DAW would be helpful. Cubase has provisions for that. I think I already know the answer, but does Samplitude?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterino View Post
Great videos as usual, what a talent.
Kraznet is the best!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Well done as always.
Thank you very much.
Old 2 days ago
It’s one of the most creative environments.

For Protools : weariness is not always unhapiness. The more you spread, the more sideways, and then sideways problems. There are quite a few drawbacks with PT because it tries to de multiply ways to process audio -what brings about crashes, interactions, etc.
Yet every user can handle the software his way, not the throdden-path approach of many other sequencers ...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search