The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Samplitude ProX4 Released
Old 4th December 2018
Here for the gear

Samplitude ProX4 Released

I'm impressed so far. Samplitude was already a very strong DAW, but the new release has come a long way with respect to some of the areas where Samplitude needed some help.

First, it now supports up to 36 cores/threads. Previously, it struggled with more than 14. It's nice to see Samplitude allowing users to take advantage of the available hardware.

Second, it has much improved plugin organization through the new plugin browser. The old menu system was a bit of a hassle, and they've really done a nice job with the plugin browser in X4.

Third, there's a very nice interface for automation curves, which was another sore point in the past. They now have "automation lanes" which is a really nice implementation.

Fourth, the MIDI interface is a improved. I haven't played with that part a lot yet, but it looks like a step up.

Samplitude has always had great functionality, and it's nice to see an update that makes substantial improvements to the interface. It was an easy call to upgrade when I saw these changes.

For any Samplitude fans out there, Pro X4 is worth a look.
Old 5th December 2018
Gear Addict
I've so far uploaded 3 videos showing new features in Samplitude Pro X4.

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Old 5th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet View Post

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Just curious why you've been participating on the Cubase forum and getting deep into the program? And your feelings Cubase 10 vs Samplitude X4?
Old 5th December 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Just curious why you've been participating on the Cubase forum and getting deep into the program? And your feelings Cubase 10 vs Samplitude X4?
I had a friend who wanted to work on a project in Cubase so I was doing a crash course so I could work on it for him.

Regarding my feelings I think Cubase 10 is very good and has some useful features that Samplitude doesn't have like the arranger track and chord tracks to mention two. It's very well integrated and thought out. However there are things I miss compared to Samplitude. Samplitude has extensive metering and Comparisonics wave colours which I find very useful plus the object editor is very flexible. But the main differences I have 14 years experience working with Samplitude compared to Cubase which I only open occasionally. Therefore I am much faster working in Samplitude.
Old 5th December 2018
Gear Head

Quote:

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Great videos as usual, what a talent.
Old 6th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I had a friend who wanted to work on a project in Cubase so I was doing a crash course so I could work on it for him.

Regarding my feelings I think Cubase 10 is very good and has some useful features that Samplitude doesn't have like the arranger track and chord tracks to mention two. It's very well integrated and thought out. However there are things I miss compared to Samplitude. Samplitude has extensive metering and Comparisonics wave colours which I find very useful plus the object editor is very flexible. But the main differences I have 14 years experience working with Samplitude compared to Cubase which I only open occasionally. Therefore I am much faster working in Samplitude.
Thanks for that. I'm presently on Studio One but can't get past how it doesn't create a mixer channel for external instruments and apparently never will. I lived with that while I was doing mostly audio projects, but now I want to get deep into MIDI stuff. I'm quite sure Cubase is better for that ... only there's something about its main forum which has in common with Pro Tools the fact that half the posts are about how unhappy people are with the company.

Speaking of colors, OMG, there are so many threads about people in rebellion about that on the Cubase forum!

I'd really prefer migrating to a DAW/company where users and employees are on the same page and there's mutual respect. Is that Samplitude?

And I know that over the years certain improvements have been made to the MIDI capability. As I still like hardware keyboards (not exclusively, I use VST instruments, too), the idea of actually seeing program names in the DAW would be helpful. Cubase has provisions for that. I think I already know the answer, but does Samplitude?
Old 6th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterino View Post
Great videos as usual, what a talent.
Kraznet is the best!
Old 7th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

YouTube

Regards, Kraznet
Well done as always.
Thank you very much.
Old 7th December 2018
It’s one of the most creative environments.

For Protools : weariness is not always unhapiness. The more you spread, the more sideways, and then sideways problems. There are quite a few drawbacks with PT because it tries to de multiply ways to process audio -what brings about crashes, interactions, etc.
Yet every user can handle the software his way, not the throdden-path approach of many other sequencers ...
Old 30th December 2018
I have a 10 core, 20 thread i9. X4 cannot seem to play back audio without glitching when selecting more than 3 threads. Kind of a problem. Not sure what the problem is. I like most of the update though.
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

Im still using retail Sequoia , and its just beautiful !!
( is a bit pricey , but what a DAW !!)

Still , I see the appeal to samplitude .....
I remember buying it as my first real daw for pc ( v5.01)

Old 12th April 2019
Here for the gear
I just wanted to drop in and add my two cents for what its worth. I had a really attractive upgrade option in my email to upgrade to Samplitude Pro X4 from X3 and finally jumped on it this week. So far, I really really like this version for a couple of reasons. In past versions, stability was always an issue for me on Windows 10 but thus far this is easily the most stable version of Samplitude I've used. My CPU usage also appears to be improved in this version compared to X3 and X2. Also, and I know its a small, but they added small UI improvements that make it look a lot nicer using the dark theme.

They have improved plugin handling and now all of my plugins show up perfectly which was an issue before and the new plugin browser makes using them a lot more streamlined. Automation lanes are a cool addition and I can see this being beneficial when I starting diving deeper into full projects. There is a copy FX function added just this month which allows effects to be copied between audio tracks or objects and that will come in handy working on time sensitive projects. I have always said and still maintain that the stock plugins that come with the software like the essential FX collection and Analogue Modeling Suite stand up to some of the best third party plugins out there.

Obviously, every experience will be different depending on the user and the system its run on but I just wanted to drop by and share my initial thoughts on the new version since I've been so pleased with the it in use.
Old 3rd May 2019
Gear Head
Quote:

Can you link the video you made talking about metering and comparasonics in Samplitude?

Also...do you have any videos with tips on how to organize your files with samplitude....I have a massive chatic mess of files after 2 or 3 songs....lol

Much Thanks to you for ALL of the excellent videos.
Old 14th May 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mike View Post
Can you link the video you made talking about metering and comparasonics in Samplitude?

Also...do you have any videos with tips on how to organize your files with samplitude....I have a massive chatic mess of files after 2 or 3 songs....lol

Hi Mike,

I'm glad you like the videos. I haven't really made any in-depth videos about the metering or comparisonics but I will add it to my list. I'm not sure what you mean about a chaotic mess of files. But basically you should save each project into its own folder then everything will be saved into that consequently.But Samplitude does generate different files when recording audio. Besides the wave file there are also H2 files generated which I believe are related to the waveform graphics. This can get a bit messy but I tend to set my folder view to "Group by type" you then get a cleaner view of the folder with different types of files grouped.

my signature
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mike View Post

There are two extra files generated for each WAV - H2 (waveform) and HDP (metadata). You just have to ignore them and use file sort as Kraznet advised. I have seen people generate a terrible mess of files with Sampliquoia but I never seem to have the problem. The key is to set your record folder before you start recording (right click on Record button or Track Header and then folder icon).

I typically use this structure:

PHP Code:
\PROJECT FOLDER
   Vip files
   Notes etc
   RECORD 1 FOLDER
      WAV files from Session 1 etc
   RECORD 2 FOLDER
      WAV files from Session 2 etc
   BOUNCES FOLDER
      Mix bounces
   BACKUP FOLDER
      Automatically saved VIP backups 
Also, as long as a VIP is not open and the WAV files have unique names, you can move them around into sub folders and they will be found next time you open the VIP. If you have WAV files with the same file name (i.e. same *Txx.WAV) things will get mixed up and trouble will happen!

Also the menu functions under File / Clean up are your friends - IF you read the manual and proceed with caution.

Sampliquoia sort of forces file hygene on you - it doesn't have much in the way of file project management. If you are one of those for who that's a foreign concept, well tough times...

Last edited by potscrubber; 4th June 2019 at 02:51 AM..
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

I use sequoia which is basically samplitude I assume. Anyways does anybody know how to change the settings so the track fades dont change the wave graphics? For example .moving it up doesn't make the waveform graphics go up and down vice versa.
Old 2nd June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I use sequoia which is basically samplitude I assume. Anyways does anybody know how to change the settings so the track fades dont change the wave graphics? For example .moving it up doesn't make the waveform graphics go up and down vice versa.

Attached Thumbnails
Samplitude ProX4 Released-capture.png  
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by potscrubber View Post
Thanks I been beating my head in that for days. I'm new to sequoia. I wom say this is the best daw I've ever used.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search