The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is VST3 the death of Adobe Audition?
Old 15th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Is VST3 the death of Adobe Audition?

I enjoy some of Adobe Audition's workflows for quick editing of stereo wav files, and even some mastering processing. However it seems if I have about any vst3 plugin installed in the effects rack, Audition will crash within a minute or two. I've heard certain VST2 plugins are susceptible as well. Once I converted my whole library to vst3, it rendered Audition practically useless. I've had to go back and re-install vst2 plugins.

Has anybody else seen this constant crashing behavior with Audition or is it my setup? Windows 7 64 bit. I've experienced the issue in Audition 2017 and 2018.

I have contacted Adobe support, sent multiple logs but the response has been only slightly better than Crysoniq. I wonder if they are just not that concerned with that product or figure it has to be operator error.

Audition works ok without VST's with only an occasional glitch.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search