The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bitwig Studio 2.4 announced DAW Software
Old 12th July 2018
Bitwig Studio 2.4 announced

-Sampler overhaul
-Extended MIDI channel support
-New modulators: ParSeq-8, Note Counter
-New devices: Note FX Layer, Channel Filter, Channel Map
-Resizable tracks in Mix view
-Resizable scenes in Arrange view
-Colorable scenes
-Controller take-over modes
-On-screen controller visualization
-Interaction-based hints
-New quick start templates
-Modulation workflow enhancements
-And more...

All the details here: Bitwig | Announcing Bitwig Studio 2.4
Old 12th July 2018
Lives for gear

Old 13th July 2018
Gear Maniac
So, BWS now looks to have a better sampler than Live Suite....reasons for using Live are getting less with each of the frequent updates.

The rate of updfates and improvements (and true inovation) by the BWS team is truely outstanding. Maybe one day they will even get a sub-forum on Slutz!

Last edited by SLiC; 13th July 2018 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 16th July 2018
I'll have to renew my update plan! Sampler looks gooooooood.

I'm a little sad that there's no Drum Sampler-to-WAV function, I had asked for that, seems a waste of the awesome sample slicer not to have it spit out audio files & MIDI map (so I can import that into my MPC). A bit like the old Propellerhead Recycle software did. (which has been abandoned)
But they said "nope" we have other priorities. Maybe in the future.
Old 16th July 2018
First I want them to implement support for video files
Old 16th July 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
First I want them to implement support for video files

Try this whilst you wait VidPlayVST.com
Old 4th September 2018
Here for the gear

I can advocate for VidPlayVST too. Using it inside an FX-Selector makes it possible to start and end and begin on a new cue with little tweaking.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
Maybe one day they will even get a sub-forum on Slutz!
Mods, please!

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
So, BWS now looks to have a better sampler than Live Suite....reasons for using Live are getting less with each of the frequent updates.

The rate of updfates and improvements (and true inovation) by the BWS team is truely outstanding. Maybe one day they will even get a sub-forum on Slutz!

Hmm. I wouldn't go that far. It's certainly a nice sampler. Has all the features you would need, but Ableton's has realtime stretching built in and chopping is also built in which makes it a little easier to use. My biggest gripe so far is the inability to to drag and drop sections directly from the arrange view to the sampler or to a Drum rack like I can with Ableton. It's a real workflow killer for me.

EDIT: After some testing it seems you can drag and drop sections from audio in the arrange view into the sampler/drum machine. Its just not as straightforward as it is in other DAWs. You have to make sure that in the dialog that asks if you want to slice you set it to Audio Event instead. Not exactly intuitive but it works.

Now I üst have to find out if its possible to do drum machine templates. For example when slicing Ableton gives you the option of using a template and using drop to choose it when slicing. That would be very helpful since right now by default all slices in the Drum machine are not in one shot mode.

Last edited by apoclypse; 4 weeks ago at 02:54 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I’m gonna update my subscription once I get some extra money. Version 2.3.5 works really well, but I want to definitely support Bitwig because it’s such an awesome program.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by e6400ultra View Post
Mods, please!

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:

I was just thinking the same thing! Its super odd that bitwig doesnt have its own section right? Or is it not widely used?

I agree with above posters that the reasons for using live seem to be diminishing (despite the fact that push 2 offers a great workflow, and max for live is insanely awesome)

Personally, i have been on a huge journey over the summer. I was just feeling like i had really nailed Live and Studio one. I settled on them a couple of years ago and really got in there and learned them pretty well.
But then i tried a synth called biotek. I didnt think i needed it but, alas, i fell in love with it. On checking out the company (Tracktion) i saw they had their own DAW.
Anyway, to cut it short, i realised that Waveform had loads of insanely modern and inspiring features. Overall it opened my eyes to the fact that there are actually some serous innovations happening in the DAW world.
I then decided to try a bunch of them to see fi i was missing anything. Tried FL - awesome, really great modulators....however it feels a bit dated already in some respects...plus the workflow can be a bit clunky.

Bitwig was the last one i tried (couple of days ago) and im just amazed so far. It feels like it picked up where ableton left off. The modulators are life changing. Yes, live has them too (including loads of awesome 3rd party ones) but its the workflow in bitwig - it almost makes you try new things!!

Anyway, i have come away thinking the most advanced ones overall are bitwig and waveform. Which is crazy, because nobody seems to be using them!!!!

Can anybody comment on bitwigs efficiency with regards to consumption? I have noticed my cpu straining pretty hard - but i also have some new plugins which could be making the difference. Do the modulators tend to be pretty CPU intensive?
Thats pretty much my only concern at the moment. Other than the fact that i will miss push if i transition over. But seriously, at this point....its hard to find reasons not to be using bitwig. If you want the most advanced system...this seems to be it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search