The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Samplitude plugins. best in the world.
Old 13th May 2018
Here for the gear

Samplitude plugins. best in the world.

samplitude pro x3 comes with tons of fx and instruments. you will hardly need to look elsewhere. it comes with 24 virtual instruments all well articulated, an fx suite and a restoration suite. in addition you also get the soundforge pro 11 audio editing application and the independence sampler that has 70gb of instruments and sounds. it doesn't get better than that in studio.

the instruments just sound too good. Logic pro doesn't even come close. all the plugins are great. the reverbs, the analogue modelers, it even makes it hard to decide what to use in a track because you would like to use literally everything in just one track. however i think samplitude pro's learning curve is steep. its not a daw you can just jump in and think your going to get anything done. its sort of like reaper. Many options and features all over the place which is great for me since am an audiophile. the more complex the better. this is great for audio engineers but i see why beginners may not opt for a daw like samplitude. They don't need all those features and options, they want want something easy to get them banging some crappy too much low end Hip Hop beats right away. Lol. Anyways, Magix also has beginners covered with Magix music maker and samplitude music studio.

i think of Magix as a company that makes very professional products. products that get you wondering "why isn't everyone using this? are people too blind?" sometimes the problem isn't that you are making bad products or a lack of skill. on the contrary and in rare situations the market may not properly contemplate your products due to their complexity, being over talented or over qualified and just too professional for the largely unprofessional world.

am on your side magix. don't you ever EVER stop making such amazing products.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianoia records View Post
samplitude pro x3 comes with tons of fx and instruments. you will hardly need to look elsewhere. it comes with 24 virtual instruments all well articulated, an fx suite and a restoration suite. in addition you also get the soundforge pro 11 audio editing application and the independence sampler that has 70gb of instruments and sounds. it doesn't get better than that in studio.

the instruments just sound too good. Logic pro doesn't even come close. all the plugins are great. the reverbs, the analogue modelers, it even makes it hard to decide what to use in a track because you would like to use literally everything in just one track. however i think samplitude pro's learning curve is steep. its not a daw you can just jump in and think your going to get anything done. its sort of like reaper. Many options and features all over the place which is great for me since am an audiophile. the more complex the better. this is great for audio engineers but i see why beginners may not opt for a daw like samplitude. They don't need all those features and options, they want want something easy to get them banging some crappy too much low end Hip Hop beats right away. Lol. Anyways, Magix also has beginners covered with Magix music maker and samplitude music studio.
Their vairverb is great. Their comps have a nice sound as well. All the Sony stuff they inherited are pretty good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianoia records View Post
why isn't everyone using this? are people too blind
To the contrary they are not blind. The UI bitmaps and endorsements by famous people easily brainwash people. Magix just gives you a great plugin that doesn't "look" flattering. So it goes overlooked and unheard. They don't paye Eddie Kramer and CLA to pimp their stuff.
Old 13th May 2018
Here for the gear

True. Really true.

It seems that Magix does not like to focus on marketing their products. Samplitude is a top-of-the-line DAW. And anyone who uses Samplitude does not need to look for third-party plugins. They are very well developed and powerful.
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal_SINE View Post
Their vairverb is great. Their comps have a nice sound as well. All the Sony stuff they inherited are pretty good too.

To the contrary they are not blind. The UI bitmaps and endorsements by famous people easily brainwash people. Magix just gives you a great plugin that doesn't "look" flattering. So it goes overlooked and unheard. They don't paye Eddie Kramer and CLA to pimp their stuff.
Most of Samp and Sequoia's built-in plugs were made by Sascha Eversmeier, who subsequently made the audio plugins for U-he. He's very experienced and highly regarded, having been a plugin developer since the 1990s. During the 15 years I was a beta tester for Magix, Sascha thoroughly consulted beta testers and end-users for all of his plugins. German users of Samp/Sequoia are extremely fussy - I can recall a long thread of testers working with Sascha just on the clipper within Am-munition (for example). You'll never go wrong using Sascha's plugins.
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggo View Post
Most of Samp and Sequoia's built-in plugs were made by Sascha Eversmeier, who subsequently made the audio plugins for U-he. He's very experienced and highly regarded, having been a plugin developer since the 1990s. During the 15 years I was a beta tester for Magix, Sascha thoroughly consulted beta testers and end-users for all of his plugins. German users of Samp/Sequoia are extremely fussy - I can recall a long thread of testers working with Sascha just on the clipper within Am-munition (for example). You'll never go wrong using Sascha's plugins.
good info. thanks
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

I have to agree that the Samplitude X3 plugins are pretty darn good. This DAW is also really stable which makes it a joy to work with.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search