The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ACID Pro 8 Coming Spring 2018
Old 24th January 2018
Lives for gear
ACID Pro 8 Coming Spring 2018

So I stumbled upon this last night.
ACID Pro & ACID Music Studio – Simply produce music

Sounds like it's totally legit, MAGIX bought the rights to ACID Pro (and SoundForge) and are releasing a new version this spring.

I have fond fond memories of working with Acid Pro 3.0 in the late 90s/00s, 7 was always a bit too buggy, and switched to Reaper when I started working more in a band context years ago.

Fast forward, I'm doing a lot more solo writing and I'm pretty excited about this.
Old 4th February 2018
Gear Head

hey that's cool. I remember using Acid Pro as well. Still have it loaded on my old Vaio desktop. Interesting they would keep the name. Is it still to be on the more affordable end?
Old 8th February 2018
PHG
Lives for gear

I'm really excited for this. It was a great tool for auditioning and layering samples. Honestly, I hope they upgrade it enough that I can just use it as my DAW.
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear
I still have version 7 on my PC. I loved Acid. Such a fast way to create. The summing engine was not very good. Hope they improve it. Always hated having to export my project for mix down on another DAW app.
Old 12th April 2018
PHG
Lives for gear

I wish there was some more news on this. Anyone heard anything lately?

Someone in the RAP/Hip-Hop section of the forum posted that they were part of Beta testing a couple weeks ago. They asked for some input about what everyone likes/dislikes about previous versions.

I haven't seen any official news for the last few months though.
Old 17th April 2018
Here for the gear

W00t!

ACID Pro 8
Old 18th April 2018
PHG
Lives for gear

Can't wait!
Old 20th April 2018
PHG
Lives for gear

Here's an article with a few pictures and descriptions of updates.

Magix Announces ACID Pro 8, The Biggest Update In A Decade : Ask.Audio
Old 14th July 2018
Here for the gear

They need to provide the original colour theme, at the moment there is only the dark version. Acid Pro 8 keeps crashing for me, I guess this new 64bit does not like 32bit plugins? Its strange they would release such a classic DAW 10 years later with these basic issues present.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search