The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SADiE
Old 14th July 2017
Gear Maniac

SADiE

Dear mods,

any chance of setting up a separate SADiE thread?
Old 19th July 2017
Gear Nut

Seconded!
Old 30th July 2017
Lives for gear

This SADiST needs a SADiE forum, please.

with thanks,

PHLUSH
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Addict

Yes please, let's talk SADiE!
Old 15th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Please!
Old 15th October 2017
Gear Maniac

We still don't have one. Never mind.

Anybody got any rumours? When are we likely to see version 7 (my guess is never) and any other features anybody know are being worked on?

Dave
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Nut

Not dead yet then!

Press release in PSN Europe:

Prism Sound has upgraded four of its key products to ensure that they all support ASIO Direct Monitoring (ADM).

The company’s Titan, Atlas and Lyra audio interfaces and its SADiE workstation software now include ADM, which allows mixers in the interface device to be controlled automatically from Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software.

As a result, producers and musicians recording to a computer workstation with performer foldback can now achieve near zero latency by simply enabling ADM in the software.

“Many audio interfaces already have mixer functionality for low latency monitoring, but don’t offer any integration with workstation (DAW) software,” says Prism Sound’s sales and marketing Director Graham Bowell. “This means that, when recording, it is necessary to manually mute the channel in the workstation and then enable the monitor path in the interface mixer. By including ADM functionality in our audio interfaces, it is possible to automate the operation of the interface mixer by combining it with muting of the corresponding channel in the workstation. This is a much smoother and more convenient solution for end users who want to switch to a low latency input monitor path for recording.”

SADiE turnkey recording systems and other hardware-based Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) recording systems like Pro Tools can already provide low latency monitoring through their own integrated hardware. They achieve this by implementing the processing for channels and mixers in proprietary DSP, removing their dependence on the computer and ensuring that they are not subjected to computer I/O latencies.

However, in native systems where the DSP processing is carried out by the host computer’s central processing unit, the computer’s I/O latencies are in the signal path and can result in unwanted delay in the monitor outputs.

By incorporating ADM into Titan, Atlas and Lyra, Prism Sound is ensuring that each of these products has a common protocol that enables the workstation software to control separate dedicated monitoring mixers in the audio interface device. Input monitoring operates directly through the interface, so users don’t have to worry about input monitoring delays again.
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Maybe edit that post. Graham may not thank you otherwise.
Old 20th December 2017
Gear Nut

Don't get me wrong! I'm genuinely happy that Prism have invested a little money in the world's best audio editor. And Mr Boswell might thank me if he saw how many thousands of pounds I've spent on my SADiE systems. But I do feel that someone could have spend an hour on the SADiE website to incorporate this news properly, and while they were at it remove the reference to the Glenn Meadows run SADiE user forum, which has been defunct for at least a year. I absolutely understand that development money is short and needs to be spent wisely, but an occasional touch-up on the home page keeps things looking cared for, which has to be better for sales.
Old 20th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Totally agree with you Andy. And I was surprised to find exactly the same post on the Prism website with the exact unfortunate typo of Graham’s name.

I really miss Glenn’s web board, it was a real benefit.

You are correct that some of us have invested seriously in SADiE software and hardware and it would be good to see the www kept up to speed. Which brings me to a question about this recent announcement, will there be a new release of SADiE6.x to implement the new feature? Or? I must admit I’m a tad confused about how the announced feature will appear in my workflow, will the additional mixer now just appear and be linked somehow? How do we go about this?

Cheers.
Old 21st December 2017
Gear Nut

And I thought I was Mr Proofreader! I didn't see the typo, just copied the press release.
It sounds as if the new feature only applies to the full Sound Suite version, which has to be a mistake, as many users running Prism (as opposed to SADiE) hardware will not be on that version. Current SADiE version is 6.1.1, with the WAV master update, so this must be 6.1.2? It's not clear whether it's a free or paid for upgrade.
I use SADiE hardware, so this doesn't really even apply to me, but anything that simplifies recording has to be a good thing.
Old 21st December 2017
Lives for gear

Hi SADiSTs,
I don’t know what this new feature is for. I need better acceptance of VST plug-ins on V 6.1.1
Old 21st December 2017
Gear Maniac

I’m wondering if this new thing will actually just be a new driver for Prism hardware. So if you’re using a Titan (for example) the new feature will open the driver app and the two mixers will work in parallel. Or something. Would be good to see how it applies.
Old 21st December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Hi SADiSTs,
I don’t know what this new feature is for. I need better acceptance of VST plug-ins on V 6.1.1
+1

Although I’m getting issues with VST acceptance in several other programs too these days. However, I’ve noticed that SADiE 6.x seems to have better VST cooperation when running in Native mode (as opposed to running on DSP cards).

Haigbabe
Old 21st December 2017
Gear Nut

I'm fine with it driving people to Prism hardware, and it's presumably been seen as an inexpensive way to do that. What they need is a big bag of cash to improve the mixer and memory handling.
Do you find you can run more VSTs in native mode?
Old 21st December 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi Andy, if you mean can I stack more plugins into a Native session, I’m not sure as I don’t use a lot of plugs if I can help it. But I can certainly run more plugins in Native mode, that is to say on startup SADiE will accept or reject the VST options available. On machines that run Native on Lynx hardware, fewer VST plugs are rejected. One good example is the new(ish) Elevate plug-in. It gets rejected on my SADiE hardware machines but loads and works fine on Native machines.

I have issues with the mixer going back to V5 that are still problematic. Even just the other day I had some mixer weirdness that was puzzling, I was sending each input off to a redundant recorder and if I instantiated a high-pass filter to a strip it choked the output. But I accept some of the limitations for the sake of the other benefits that I value. I find that principle applies to just about all software.

It would still be good if Prism could explain how this new feature is actually applied and where we can find it.

Haigbabe
Old 22nd December 2017
Gear Nut

I tried downloading it last night, but it doesn't seem to be available yet. The download version is still 6.1.1.
Old 22nd December 2017
Gear Nut

I've had an email back from Steve Penn at Prism. It's not quite ready yet, that was a Press release not a software release! The ASIO direct monitoring will work with any interface that supports it, including RME cards. He says the current build of the new version includes some bug fixes and is more reliable than the official current release, and also feels that this new feature is most useful in voiceover applications. Only available for Sound Suite though. If you contact Steve there might be a 64 bit beta to try.
Old 23rd December 2017
Gear Maniac

Thanks Andy, I’ll shoot Steve an email at some point.

I’d also like to see this feature added to SADiE 6.07, I use one of those/our licenses for location recording and sometimes I feed the audio to the video guys for going live (broadcast). THIS is exactly the situation where this new feature would be useful, ie feeding Audio with zero latency from the ASIO mixer. Hmm, I guess I could pull one of the dongles from a different machine but it would be nice not to have to do that.
Old 15th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Dear all, I've run into a bug that I've usually just managed to totally ignore but not it's bugging me too much! For some reason SADiE has just lost all the profiles of my WAVs and selecting right click and 're-create profiles' does nothing other than waste editing time. Is there a workaround?

How about just trashing the associated .PFL file? Would that force SADiE to re-write them or get it's knickers further in a twist??

Thanks in advance, Dave
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Hi Dave,

Sometimes I’ve run across something similar, and I’ve found that making sure the clipstore ‘sees’ the files, it seems to fix it. Just check that the Clipstore has the correct paths. Sometimes I just search for the files via the Clipstore and it all comes good.

Outside of that, I’d be worried about corruption of the *.edl file or *.prj file. Possibly if the above doesn’t work, I’d uninstall SADiE and reinstall. If it’s mission critical, I’d begin a new session as well and maybe consider opening up the dodgy edl and do a save as.

Good luck,

Haigbabe
Old 29th July 2018
Lives for gear

Unfortunately an un-install and re-install is the called for fix for oddball problems with SADiE.

Here I have invested 5-7 X $10,000 in various SADiE hardware (now abandoned) and software.

Really do need better and more stable VST handling now.

Also require EUCON support.

What is going on with the beloved SADiE????
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJones View Post
Dear all, I've run into a bug that I've usually just managed to totally ignore but not it's bugging me too much! For some reason SADiE has just lost all the profiles of my WAVs and selecting right click and 're-create profiles' does nothing other than waste editing time. Is there a workaround?

How about just trashing the associated .PFL file? Would that force SADiE to re-write them or get it's knickers further in a twist??

Thanks in advance, Dave
Hi Dave,

Do you have the latest 6.1.x? Has it fixed your problem? Steve P tells me it’s an improvement on the previous.

Fingers crossed,

Haigbabe
Old 26th October 2018
Here for the gear

Hello to everybody!
I am new at Gearslutz and would like to introduce myself; Boban Milunovic, Guitarist for Slovenian Rock band Stray Train, owner and promoter of MetalDays, Winter Days of Metal, Punk Rock Holiday, Overjam Reggae and MotorCity festivals.
I was also running my own mastering studio in past but was forced to stop once our festivals grew and started to be serious business.
I still have SADIE 5 that I would like to sell.
Is any of you interested in this? I have to be honest I have no idea what is the price for this at 2nd hand market.
I have listed it on Reverb SADIE 5 | Bo's Gear Station | Reverb
I would be happy and thankful for any comment and information.
Wish you all nice day!
Bo
Old 19th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigbabe View Post
Please!
Pretty please!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search