The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

The ultimate *affordable* omni's for main miking large orchestras

Just how affordable? For sub-$200 I'd be getting a pair of Naiant mics. For a higher budget, I'd get the Oktava 012 pair w/ omni caps, or maybe the Rode NT-5 with omni caps that I've heard about but not tried. I'm assuming the budget isn't any more than that - but for $1000...

View Post

Ray LaMontagne & Pariah Dogs - God Willin'

...Greg is always panned right. TECHNICAL TRACKING SETUP: Kick: AKG D12 > Neve 1272 > Distressor Snare: SM57 top, Oktava 012 bottom > Neve 1272 > Urei 1178 Toms: Beyerdynamic M160 > api 512 > Urei LA-12 OH: Royer 122 > Avedis MA5 > Shadow Hills MC Room: RCA 77dx Bass: Radial J48 DI > HV-3 > Smart C1 Acoustics: Oktava 012...

View Post

Warm sounding SDC on a $300 budget

...they don't need any help in the upper registers. Based on GS' recommendations I have tried the iSK Pearl and the Oktava 012, but they both have an emphasis on the high-end.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The MK-012-01 is a compact, high quality capacitor microphone. The wide, flat response ensures that all sounds are captured with a high degree of accuracy. A -10 dB pad is included for use in high SPL environments. The MK-012-01 is suitable for use in any situation where an accurate sound is required, the size of the system makes it ideal for use in broadcast, sound for picture, installation, sound reinforcement and theatre situations as well as the recording studio.