The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Xpander is a very flexible architecture 6 voice desktop version of the Matrix 12 synth. It is 6 voice polyphonic. Each voice has two VCOs with a linear FM option, 5 LFOs (per voice), a filter with switchable 1,2,3,4 pole low pass or 1,2,3 pole high pass, bandpass notch and phase shift. There are 12 VCAs per voice and 5 ADSR envelope generators per voice. The memory can hold 100 single and 100 multi programs. It has MIDI in, out and thru connectors, 6 CV-Gate inputs, a trigger input and 2 pedal inputs. The synth is produced in the period 1984-1988.

Discussions

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

Yes, this. One of the reasons I was routing for the Xpander instead of the OB-Xa.

View Post

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

...lights blink or something, write more code, burn a ROM. If it would crash we'd back up...by the time of Xpander and Matrix-12 we had an HP in-circuit emulator and things seems almost too easy. I don't remember exactly what we were using before, but basically a generic computer running DOS with a Z80...

View Post

How big is the interest in Polyphonic Aftertouch?

...unusual ways, you might end up having to turn off aftertouch to make it at all usable. The Oberheim Xpander and Matrix-12 both have 'tracking generators' and 'lag processors' which can help scale and smooth out the aftertouch response on the Rise, but I don't know many other classic synths with those features that...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides