The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Oberheim OB-8 was the last version of the classic, early eightties synthesizers (produced 1983-1985). It is 8 voice polyphonic and has a 61 key keybed, that can be slpit or doubled. The synthesizer voices contain two oscillators (sa, pulse, triangle), a switchable 2 or 4 pole VCF with an ADSR envelope assigned to it. The LFO has Triangle, Square, Ramp and S&H. Thre's an 8 note arpeggiator with a sync source input (ext.). The memory can hold 120 patch programs, 12 split programs and 12 double. The memory can be stored through a cassette. It has the Oberheim sync system built in, but MIDI (ch 1-9) is availble through aftermarket retrofit kits. A MIDI Sysex data dump is then also possible.

Discussions

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

...and maybe 3310 EGS clones and match the filter gain staging that made the OB-XA so much better than the OB-8. I'd rather have the DSI stuff than an OB-8 again. Dan

View Post

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

So...hoping this helps a bit, to explain how these things really work... I was on the engineering team for the OB-8. I arrived after the hardware was designed, the first circuit boards for the prototype showing up after I got there. I was handed the task of creating and coding the arpeggiator—it was a fun...

View Post

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

Essh, have to disagree there.....the OB-6 filters really stand out as different(SEM) than the OB-Xa... I don't know what you're going by but it's clear as day. Maybe a TOUCH in the oscillators perhaps in the OB-6 vs Xa...but even still....the filters are SEM all the way and sound like it....

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides