The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

The Oberheim OB-Xa is a multitimbral analogue synthesizer that is available in 4, 6 or 8 voice polyphonic models. It offers 2 VCOs per voice with either pulse or sawtooth, a 2 or 4 pole filter based on a Curtis CEM3320 chip with an ADSR envelope, a VCA with an envelope, and 3 LFOs. It also offers portamento, S&H and chord memory. It offers a 61 key keyboard and 32 patches of memory up to 120 depending on the expansion installed. It has the Oberheim digital system installed. It was manufactured 1981.

Discussions

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

I remember someone posting a pic of a crooked display. I assume he got it fixed or replaced since it was under warranty. The uneven keys didn't seem any worse than on any other synth, in my opinion. I've got one of the early model numbers and my keybed is fine, if a little clacky....

View Post

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

...and stifle innovation. My point is...some might be thinking of a single craftsman laboring to produce his life's work, the OB-Xa, and what a shame it is that a big company can come along, clone it, and profit from the inventor's hard work. And therefore the product should be off limits forever, just on moral...

View Post

IK Multimedia Uno Drum

...would want to use the Uno Drum (80s music) and Synthmania posted a video on youtube using it with an OB-Xa and i like the drumsounds there. Wish someone would recreate some 80s drum patterns so i can here the sound better.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides