The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Oberheim OB-8 is an 8 voice analogue polyphonic synthesizer. It has a digital bus system, offering control over other Oberheim synths, sequencer and drummachine. It has 2 oscillators per voice (saw, pulse, triangle) a switchable 2 or 4 pole VCF with ADSR, an LFO offering triangle square, ramp, and S&H, and an 8 note arpeggiator with external sync option. The synth has 120 patch program slots in memory, 12 split programs and 12 double programs. It has external cassette storage and, if the synth is retrofitted with a MIDI option, it can do a SysEx data dump.

Discussions

OB-6? Forget it, it's not the real deal. Period.

There are other ways to tell us you bought an OB8.

View Post

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

...be a keyboard version as well, if so will it be big like the originals? You see, I have an OB8 and it's great. There is lots of space inside for a spare sandwich or two (or a burrito if that's more your thing.) The power supply keeps them nice and warm, and it's...

View Post

MFB Synth 8

...to try and simulate the 'never the same' element of the rev 2. Looking forward to doing the same with my OB8 when it's back from the menders (if I'm still alive.) It's just a pity that the Prophet X's sampling is so difficult to use. It's the most tedious sampling synth since my Mirage and...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides