The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Matrix 1000 is an analogue synthesizer, produced in 1987 to 1994. It's architecture is 1000 Matrix 6 patches. It has 6 voices with each 2 DCOs, a lowpass filter, 3 envelope generators (ADSR), 2 VCAs, 2 LFOs and two ramp (AD) generators. It's housed in a 1u high rackmountable enclosure. There are two versions which only differ cosmetically: The early builds had a black faceplate, the later ones a cream-white one. The sounds are 195 keyboard, 118 strings, 130 woodwind and percussive, 119 bass, 239 synthesizer, 74 lead and 125 effects.

Discussions

My Arduino Step Sequencer, Arpeggiator, Recorder, MIDI Gauge, and Control Surface

...easily be set up via SysEx for control from (say), a Novation SL. Thinking about another one for my Matrix 1000. Voltage Output via MIDI notes. An outgoing MIDI note (up to 5 octave range) can also produce a 0-5V voltage output on two different (optional) I2C-based DACs, one for pitch and...

View Post

Moog One

...weekend, or theyd be there already. you know what the One reminds me of? the Oberheim Matrix 12. the fans, the mushy software envelopes, and the promise of something absolutely incredible on paper that is proving to be a big meh disappointment. i’m really really bummed about this. i essentially ordered mine...

View Post

Top 5 Digital Synthesizers

...a few or more that should be mentioned that haven't maybe off topic but anyway: Oberheim Xpander Oberheim Matrix's -6,12 SCI Pro-One -(i know analog but probably the most underrated :synth: of all time;mono modulator dual oscillator beast!) SCI Prophet's- 5,10,VS,2000 whatever all huge Rhodes Chroma Polaris -(another underrated analog-digital hybrid that had all kinds of problems-but what a...

View Post

Video Guides