The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Which drum machines do you own?

...what I've got. I'm somewhat interested in getting a Roland TR-606, but I'm far more interested in getting an Oberheim DMX and a Linn LinnDrum (someday). Personally I love the timing of these older drum machines. I frequently compose a few patterns on the machines themselves, record them to my computer, and then...

View Post

Drum machine combines LM-1, LM-2 Linndrum, Linn9000 and DMX

...vintage Linndrum but had an old MIDIbass that used the same chips. On furthur investigation it turned out the Oberheim DMX used a very similar circuit to the Linndrum. I've been using the Micro Linn / MX for about 2 years now so I figure its time to document the project and maby think...

View Post

Why is music today so quantized?

...good or bad is up to the individual. But seriously, this has been going on since the late 70's. Linn and DMX. I had a club band in 1982, and our drummer was an Oberheim DMX. We were the most popular band in the live music dance clubs at the time. Tech offers options, and...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The DMX is one of the classic drummachines. It offers 24 different sounds on 8 polyphonic voices with individual and mix output. The voices can be tuned, and there is a swing function available. The sequencer can hold 100 positions, and there are 50 songs storable. The 8 voices each have a VCA on a slider and trigger and CV in on Molex connectors. The keyboard offers 24 pads (for each sound). It has clock i/o, a trigger input, and start and next inputs. Also there is a backup to cassette tape possible. It was produced in 1980.