The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey, I've been working on the mix of a song and I've noticed something subtle that has happened a lot of times in my...

mr_beats
replies: 3 views: 369
Brent Hahn 1st December 2018

I record in a home studio using an Allen & Heath deck with a USB out to my laptop. I want to add a video cam, so I can get...

hippiedave
replies: 6 views: 484
hippiedave 30th November 2018

I've recently moved my small studio into my garage where it is very cold (low humidity if any). Will that have any effect on the...

blotto
replies: 12 views: 596
txbdan 30th November 2018

Hello, Ive got pa gear that I mainly use to play cd's with, kind of like dj'ing, but could easily be used for a band. My concern...

darman
replies: 3 views: 419
CJ Mastering 30th November 2018

Hey all. I sold my bluebird to get an sm7b. I got the cloudlifter and the sm7b and use the scarlett solo I had already. I was...

kellerri
replies: 13 views: 1,121
kellerri 30th November 2018

Is it sound pressure in the room? I do have some treatment.

goom
replies: 10 views: 553
Kimi777 30th November 2018

Ok, I think I'm the only one in the world who can't use a VU Meter, or at least the klanghelm VUMT. This drives me crazy!...

jackontheroad
replies: 6 views: 801
keano 30th November 2018

Hi there - I'm a composer primarily, working more and more with electronics, but my production/recording knowledge is pretty...

zappa2011
replies: 1 views: 294
Deleted c0657d7 30th November 2018

How did they achieve such a clean side channel in older LPs like Daft Punk's Homework or even Madonna's Bed Time Stories, you can...

dbot
replies: 8 views: 511
smoke 30th November 2018

Hello, I've just switched from a USB mic to an XLR mic (Shure SM58) and audio interface (Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen) on my Mac. The...

Oliver757km
replies: 2 views: 391
Oliver757km 30th November 2018

So here's the problem. I accidentaly auto-panned the bass part on a track and rendered it like that a few years ago. The bass...

maqio
replies: 14 views: 631
smoke 30th November 2018

Hi because of the UAD 12 Days sale I want to upgrade my plugin library. But I’m not sure which of the discounts are worth it....

Honga
replies: 4 views: 622
smoke 30th November 2018

i am tired of my buzzing and hissing coming from my KRK rokits and when i changed to power saver on my power options from my...

Jasonxolly
replies: 7 views: 451
CJ Mastering 29th November 2018

Hi! I made a mix breakdown video, talking through different elements/approaches/effects for a track. Is gearslutz a good place...

kierenj
replies: 2 views: 374
CJ Mastering 29th November 2018

Hi Folks, I recently picked up a Fairchild 670 emulation plug-in (Overtone DSP FC70). I know the hardware was originally...

cpsmusic
replies: 3 views: 501
smoke 29th November 2018

Hi everyone! I recently tried to connect my guitar and a digital pedal (zoom g1) to my interface (lexicon omega) with trs cables...

Jorgedro
replies: 2 views: 667
MarkF48 29th November 2018

A dear friend gave me about 100 cassettes that she used to record her favorite college radio station show in the 80's. The show...

djreplay
replies: 0 views: 376
djreplay 29th November 2018

Hi, I'm not a pro sound man, I do it because I'm the smallest guy in the group... Effects in Monitors.... I have a...

riguitarman
replies: 1 views: 389
electronics guy 29th November 2018

My setup is for voice over only. I have a Blue Spark condenser mic connected to a Steinberg UR12 interface (with phantom power)...

Voiceguy86
replies: 8 views: 851
Bushman 29th November 2018

Hello! I used to make music but my engineering days are over. I am still left with my monitors (JBL SLR305 5") and...

Majahzi
replies: 1 views: 759
MediaGary 29th November 2018

I know Izotope Ozone 8's EQ has an EQ Match, but the way it works isn't quite what I'm looking for. For example, I'm on vacation...

4n410g
replies: 2 views: 383
4n410g 29th November 2018

So, the biggest pain in the butt to me is geting all the players to hear. I run protools 9. I run everything through external mic...

studioman59
replies: 12 views: 606
Wayne 28th November 2018

Hi there, My sincere apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered, but I couldn't quite find a straight and...

TerryVisual
replies: 8 views: 481
TerryVisual 28th November 2018

Hi Guys I am looking for a Neve console, and I was wondering, what makes that great warm sound? Is it "just" the...

MRjakel87
replies: 55 views: 4,979
Zoot 28th November 2018

Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I'm struggling to set up my new bit of kit. Basically I do voiceovers from home and...

disconnected_Yam
replies: 2 views: 410
Mag J 28th November 2018

Hey guys, I've been having a problem getting a good metal guitar tone out of my setup. I'm plugging my guitar directly into a...

Alexandurrr
replies: 5 views: 435
Alexandurrr 28th November 2018

Hello, I am thinking about installing a patchbay(s) in my modest home studio. Its not really because I have to, more that I...

johnharkinz
replies: 1 views: 354
carlheinz 27th November 2018

Hi i am planning on going to Europe in the future and want to know if can make it as the same time for an audio show,...

nishan99
replies: 0 views: 322
nishan99 27th November 2018

Hi, I need help. Recently, I decided to get my hands dirty, and improve the acoustic treatment of my room. according to...

bertru
replies: 12 views: 501
bertru 27th November 2018

I'm using FL 20 and have most common plugins FabFilter, Izotope, Melda and Plugin Alliance etc But for the life of me can't work...

complex
replies: 18 views: 671
parricide 27th November 2018

Hey, could use some advice on a mix. I seem stuck trying to get a cohesive blend to the sound. Not sure if the individual tracks...

Bakelite
replies: 13 views: 493
Wyllys 26th November 2018

Milez Benjiman - Chop That Wood YouTube Please just hit me up which VST/Unit/Preset is destroying these low frequencies in this...

boombipbass
replies: 1 views: 356
boombipbass 26th November 2018

Hi, Looking for some recommendations on how to achieve similar bass to these examples i've attached below. I know its sub...

panicinbabylon
replies: 5 views: 419
JonnieK 26th November 2018

Hi Guys/Girls I have loads of half inch 16 track tapes that I want to transfer into Logic Pro X on Mac mini with 1 x...

Davadija
replies: 11 views: 759
MediaGary 26th November 2018

Hoping that someone here knows this better than me. I am using Cubase 9.5 (soon 10) and did I assume correctly there is no...

peksi
replies: 0 views: 330
peksi 26th November 2018

Hi Guys! I ran into this problem earlier where I would play piano chords from a standard logic instrument, save them in the...

blubandara
replies: 4 views: 403
Deleted c0657d7 25th November 2018

Is it critical or necessary to link compressor channels? I have read other threads, specifically about the drawmer 1968-69 on...

Mixxed Up
replies: 15 views: 11,877
Salty James 25th November 2018

Hi, I've been having an issue with my fostex e8 tape machine. After I record a second take of something by recording over the...

danmaxson
replies: 8 views: 413
Deleted c0657d7 25th November 2018

I have a deep male voice and I want to record high quality voice audio for audiobooks. I have no gear yet, but I’m hoping to...

AdeptAlchemist
replies: 3 views: 594
JohnDrake 25th November 2018

Hi Guys, Not a newbie as I have operated a commercial recording studio for the last 14 years. I have used Melodyne Studio three...

Thunder Road
replies: 2 views: 384
Thunder Road 24th November 2018

Sup guys!? new to GS, but not new to audio.. That being said, FOH is not something i've ever "setup / designed" -...

Dnice2018
replies: 1 views: 309
dethbyoogabooga 24th November 2018

I inquired about them on velvetsound.net and I'm told that they're available. From what I've read these are great speakers and...

dtx3yamaha
replies: 1 views: 331
dtx3yamaha 24th November 2018

Hello! I'm looking to improve/upgrade my home studio setup, I've only been using a TASCAM US-122MKII and a.... mic, and for a...

Zory
replies: 3 views: 391
BIG BUDDHA 24th November 2018

Hello all, One of my Mackie HR624 mk2 speakers, has started cutting out whenever it receives bass frequencies. The power...

Hando
replies: 5 views: 584
Hando 24th November 2018

I’m very new to outboard gear and I was just wondering if turning on the 48V option on a 500 series preamp can damage the...

Rotundboom
replies: 11 views: 441
Sigma 23rd November 2018

Sorry for probably extremely noob question. Basically I'm using a tape deck as external audio effect. My soundcard goes to the...

naynub1
replies: 1 views: 282
BT64 23rd November 2018

I need help with getting my masters sounding louder. I have been recording rap vocals on beats. I will usually drop the beat...

MPC1K
replies: 3 views: 365
Sigma 23rd November 2018

Hi all, I keep stumbling across this forum when researching so thought may as well make an account and say hello (as well as...

Top_Cat
replies: 1 views: 323
CJ Mastering 23rd November 2018

Hey guys, This is my first post and I'm pretty green when it comes to recording in general. I randomly found an old i88x at...

JimDawson
replies: 2 views: 333
CJ Mastering 23rd November 2018

I'm looking for hub/patchbay/router/splitter/switch with the ability to route a selected input channel to a selected output. I...

OhmIsh
replies: 0 views: 303
OhmIsh 23rd November 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search