The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

i am tired of my buzzing and hissing coming from my KRK rokits and when i changed to power saver on my power options from my...

Jasonxolly
replies: 7 views: 441
CJ Mastering 29th November 2018

Hi! I made a mix breakdown video, talking through different elements/approaches/effects for a track. Is gearslutz a good place...

kierenj
replies: 2 views: 367
CJ Mastering 29th November 2018

Hi Folks, I recently picked up a Fairchild 670 emulation plug-in (Overtone DSP FC70). I know the hardware was originally...

cpsmusic
replies: 3 views: 493
smoke 29th November 2018

Hi everyone! I recently tried to connect my guitar and a digital pedal (zoom g1) to my interface (lexicon omega) with trs cables...

Jorgedro
replies: 2 views: 388
MarkF48 29th November 2018

A dear friend gave me about 100 cassettes that she used to record her favorite college radio station show in the 80's. The show...

djreplay
replies: 0 views: 369
djreplay 29th November 2018

Hi, I'm not a pro sound man, I do it because I'm the smallest guy in the group... Effects in Monitors.... I have a...

riguitarman
replies: 1 views: 378
electronics guy 29th November 2018

My setup is for voice over only. I have a Blue Spark condenser mic connected to a Steinberg UR12 interface (with phantom power)...

Voiceguy86
replies: 8 views: 807
Bushman 29th November 2018

Hello! I used to make music but my engineering days are over. I am still left with my monitors (JBL SLR305 5") and...

Majahzi
replies: 1 views: 717
MediaGary 29th November 2018

I know Izotope Ozone 8's EQ has an EQ Match, but the way it works isn't quite what I'm looking for. For example, I'm on vacation...

4n410g
replies: 2 views: 377
4n410g 29th November 2018

So, the biggest pain in the butt to me is geting all the players to hear. I run protools 9. I run everything through external mic...

studioman59
replies: 12 views: 587
Wayne 28th November 2018

Hi there, My sincere apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered, but I couldn't quite find a straight and...

TerryVisual
replies: 8 views: 475
TerryVisual 28th November 2018

Hi Guys I am looking for a Neve console, and I was wondering, what makes that great warm sound? Is it "just" the...

MRjakel87
replies: 55 views: 4,844
Zoot 28th November 2018

Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I'm struggling to set up my new bit of kit. Basically I do voiceovers from home and...

disconnected_Yam
replies: 2 views: 403
Mag J 28th November 2018

Hey guys, I've been having a problem getting a good metal guitar tone out of my setup. I'm plugging my guitar directly into a...

Alexandurrr
replies: 5 views: 428
Alexandurrr 28th November 2018

Hello, I am thinking about installing a patchbay(s) in my modest home studio. Its not really because I have to, more that I...

johnharkinz
replies: 1 views: 343
carlheinz 27th November 2018

Hi i am planning on going to Europe in the future and want to know if can make it as the same time for an audio show,...

nishan99
replies: 0 views: 315
nishan99 27th November 2018

Hi, I need help. Recently, I decided to get my hands dirty, and improve the acoustic treatment of my room. according to...

bertru
replies: 12 views: 488
bertru 27th November 2018

I'm using FL 20 and have most common plugins FabFilter, Izotope, Melda and Plugin Alliance etc But for the life of me can't work...

complex
replies: 18 views: 657
parricide 27th November 2018

Hey, could use some advice on a mix. I seem stuck trying to get a cohesive blend to the sound. Not sure if the individual tracks...

Bakelite
replies: 13 views: 485
Wyllys 26th November 2018

Milez Benjiman - Chop That Wood YouTube Please just hit me up which VST/Unit/Preset is destroying these low frequencies in this...

boombipbass
replies: 1 views: 345
boombipbass 26th November 2018

Hi, Looking for some recommendations on how to achieve similar bass to these examples i've attached below. I know its sub...

panicinbabylon
replies: 5 views: 413
JonnieK 26th November 2018

Hi Guys/Girls I have loads of half inch 16 track tapes that I want to transfer into Logic Pro X on Mac mini with 1 x...

Davadija
replies: 11 views: 743
MediaGary 26th November 2018

Hoping that someone here knows this better than me. I am using Cubase 9.5 (soon 10) and did I assume correctly there is no...

peksi
replies: 0 views: 319
peksi 26th November 2018

Hi Guys! I ran into this problem earlier where I would play piano chords from a standard logic instrument, save them in the...

blubandara
replies: 4 views: 393
Deleted c0657d7 25th November 2018

Is it critical or necessary to link compressor channels? I have read other threads, specifically about the drawmer 1968-69 on...

Mixxed Up
replies: 15 views: 11,696
Salty James 25th November 2018

Hi, I've been having an issue with my fostex e8 tape machine. After I record a second take of something by recording over the...

danmaxson
replies: 8 views: 409
Deleted c0657d7 25th November 2018

I have a deep male voice and I want to record high quality voice audio for audiobooks. I have no gear yet, but I’m hoping to...

AdeptAlchemist
replies: 3 views: 556
JohnDrake 25th November 2018

Hi Guys, Not a newbie as I have operated a commercial recording studio for the last 14 years. I have used Melodyne Studio three...

Thunder Road
replies: 2 views: 374
Thunder Road 24th November 2018

Sup guys!? new to GS, but not new to audio.. That being said, FOH is not something i've ever "setup / designed" -...

Dnice2018
replies: 1 views: 302
dethbyoogabooga 24th November 2018

I inquired about them on velvetsound.net and I'm told that they're available. From what I've read these are great speakers and...

dtx3yamaha
replies: 1 views: 327
dtx3yamaha 24th November 2018

Hello! I'm looking to improve/upgrade my home studio setup, I've only been using a TASCAM US-122MKII and a.... mic, and for a...

Zory
replies: 3 views: 381
BIG BUDDHA 24th November 2018

Hello all, One of my Mackie HR624 mk2 speakers, has started cutting out whenever it receives bass frequencies. The power...

Hando
replies: 5 views: 572
Hando 24th November 2018

I’m very new to outboard gear and I was just wondering if turning on the 48V option on a 500 series preamp can damage the...

Rotundboom
replies: 11 views: 438
Sigma 23rd November 2018

Sorry for probably extremely noob question. Basically I'm using a tape deck as external audio effect. My soundcard goes to the...

naynub1
replies: 1 views: 277
BT64 23rd November 2018

I need help with getting my masters sounding louder. I have been recording rap vocals on beats. I will usually drop the beat...

MPC1K
replies: 3 views: 362
Sigma 23rd November 2018

Hi all, I keep stumbling across this forum when researching so thought may as well make an account and say hello (as well as...

Top_Cat
replies: 1 views: 321
CJ Mastering 23rd November 2018

Hey guys, This is my first post and I'm pretty green when it comes to recording in general. I randomly found an old i88x at...

JimDawson
replies: 2 views: 321
CJ Mastering 23rd November 2018

I'm looking for hub/patchbay/router/splitter/switch with the ability to route a selected input channel to a selected output. I...

OhmIsh
replies: 0 views: 302
OhmIsh 23rd November 2018

Hi! Could someone with experience on mixing help me! How does Rick Rubin gets that dark acoustic guitar sound ie. the Cash...

kite
replies: 1 views: 392
donsolo 23rd November 2018

Does it use the same amount of electricity regardless of the volume I have it set at? If I had a 200 watt amp, but I only mix...

goom
replies: 5 views: 330
pentagon 23rd November 2018

Sorry for the noob question. I have a Sony tape deck I want to play sounds through, but the deck doesn't have an output level...

naynub1
replies: 4 views: 386
naynub1 22nd November 2018

hey. I'm a university student and my final year project is on the topic, Full band vs. Multitracking. The project is not only...

samthehobbitman
replies: 5 views: 462
mattiasnyc 22nd November 2018

Hi guys iam posting in Newbie audio engineering & production question zone because i would like to learn some tips how to...

mizpulyn
replies: 31 views: 6,376
Brian M. Boykin 22nd November 2018

We put out a pretty popular podcast, been doing it for about 4 years. Over that time I've spent a lot of money on equipment, but...

docdaddy
replies: 2 views: 314
docdaddy 22nd November 2018

Hi, I have just upgraded from using an old (vintage!) Roland mono mixer running into an Icon Audio Stereo 25 and then a pair of...

xookookoo
replies: 4 views: 292
xookookoo 22nd November 2018

Would you use this track, in a modern heavy all instrumental (and six-string) production, as a reference to match guitar tone vs...

Kimi777
replies: 5 views: 379
Kimi777 22nd November 2018

I’m a newbie who currently makes music almost entirely in the box, but am extremely interested in learning more about analog...

asdfl
replies: 3 views: 436
BIG BUDDHA 22nd November 2018

Hello all, new here I have an analog mixer and an excellent CD recorder. I’ve used this setup for awhile but it lacks the...

DrDynamix
replies: 11 views: 623
pauljisaacs 22nd November 2018

Good morning, I'm new here, I'm a student of sound in Spain and currently we have a new job to do in a forum in English, so I...

Monet23
replies: 13 views: 556
joeq 22nd November 2018

I'm tracking guitars through a Suhr reactive load box into logic. Meters for tracking are all averaging -18db so am pretty sure...

Thehowlingsea
replies: 11 views: 494
Thehowlingsea 21st November 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search