The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, McNewlove here. So I really was hoping to get into doing analog summing. Unfortunately however, my interface is an SPL...

McNewlove
replies: 2 views: 587
terrible.dee 2 weeks ago

Overview Picking the right pair of headphones for your studio can be a bit of a daunting task. With so many brands and models to...

jbastienmusic
replies: 18 views: 531
jbastienmusic 2 weeks ago

I have a 24 bit PT-session, and I'm now about to bounce each track individually with the purpose of sending them to a mix...

Spoiled
replies: 4 views: 444
Sigma 2 weeks ago

The usb port 2.0 type B female connector used to power the midi keyboard broke off the PCB Board. i soldered a new connector onto...

Kadjo
replies: 1 views: 780
Bhang 2 weeks ago

Hello, I recently recieved a request to mix a vocal song. The vocalist seems to have a rough vocal quality especially in the...

Rei_
replies: 6 views: 427
Aa63 2 weeks ago

Should the start of the strum/attack be on the beat, or should it start before the beat?

longspring
replies: 8 views: 745
the Weatherman 2 weeks ago

Hi, I am a 60-year-old dude trying to find an audio interface that would suit me for now and in the near future. Cost is...

Emrys
replies: 45 views: 909
Emrys 2 weeks ago

So, I bought a condenser mic kit (Zingyou ZY-007) on Amazon to do voice recording work on my computer. After setting it up, I...

EASetser
replies: 7 views: 510
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Just wondering what the mixing desk in this photo is.

TheCaptain910
replies: 7 views: 673
HeadlessDinosaur 2 weeks ago

So, I always thought that a general effect of compression is to make sounds seem more up-front in the mix, which is why it's so...

Proverbalizer
replies: 14 views: 906
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

How do you get it? From what I've seen it's super common in metal at least to just convert the bass to midi and use a VST but I'm...

Nightmare Circus
replies: 25 views: 927
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hey all, Ive been wondering my options, since i went hardware route i am running out of line ins of my current rme bf pro +...

cazio
replies: 1 views: 561
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hey guys I try to get that radio ready sound? Tried to replicate the drums in this track, I get the patterns correct and...

magik87
replies: 4 views: 511
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

hey guys, i recently finished a remix and would love some feedback on how my mix sounds and how i can improve as a producer. it...

dooger94
replies: 1 views: 620
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Does anyone else here use a multiband compressor as part of there drum process? If so how are you using it? I like to put it on...

HeadlessDinosaur
replies: 1 views: 639
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hi I am looking for a piece of / combination of software to mix (i.e. e.q. / compress) my tracks. I could do with it having lots...

LouieLouie
replies: 26 views: 916
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I am new to drums recording and have a question regarding placement of room mics in relationship to my overhead...

lagwagon06
replies: 11 views: 737
Lowend Bump 2 weeks ago

I own a variety of hardware synths and want to integrate them with my DAW (Ableton Live 9). I want to use my DAW to mix...

Jasper Gray
replies: 43 views: 1,614
HeadlessDinosaur 2 weeks ago

Hi I have a problem with getting midi messages out from my DAW to my Casio keyboard. I want to do this to record sounds from...

Artlor
replies: 42 views: 908
Artlor 2 weeks ago

Hi. I connected a keyboard with my PC via midi USB cable and want to send midi form my DAW to keyboard, so is plays the sound I...

Artlor
replies: 13 views: 719
Artlor 2 weeks ago

Hello, I use an Audient iD14 USB interface. It has 2 on-board Mic/Line inputs, as well as an "optical input"/ADAT...

BradyOKeefe
replies: 2 views: 585
BT64 2 weeks ago

Like in the song All You Do by Oh Wonder (link below). I've tried lots of stuff, but I always end up with a much 'dirtier' sound...

TadGhostal
replies: 4 views: 390
TadGhostal 2 weeks ago

Dear slutz May I ask if I was to connect a stand-alone a/d converter to hardware recording device via spidif. Surely the signal...

luke da ruff cut
replies: 4 views: 478
Wayne 2 weeks ago

Hi Guys, so the other day I bought my first synth which is Behringer Neutron and I'm fiddling trying to set up the recording....

LoggleO_O
replies: 0 views: 653
LoggleO_O 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I am looking to use a large number of microphones (dynamic cardioids) as speakers for an upcoming sculptural...

Franga
replies: 5 views: 501
12ax7 2 weeks ago

I want to use an Eventide H9 as a line level processor. I understand from the manual that you can input line level as long as you...

prado escondido
replies: 3 views: 783
DirkP 2 weeks ago

Hi, Yesterday I turned on my Behringer ADA8000, which i have connected to my Rme fireface 802 through ADAT. It made a really...

neoking
replies: 2 views: 598
Monk u 2 weeks ago

Hey has anyone recreated Lives MB OTT preset in another plugin ? I know people will say just get Xfer OTT for free but id like to...

bran
replies: 2 views: 545
lightmifyougotem 2 weeks ago

I'd like to start experimenting with kick/snare parallel compression in my project studio. I currently run multiple outputs...

mechr0n01
replies: 0 views: 548
mechr0n01 2 weeks ago

I'm still a bit confused on how all this Optical and Digital connections works using multiple DACs and ADCs. What I want to do...

Sammy Togga
replies: 5 views: 1,656
Pcat 2 weeks ago

I'm just starting to plan recording a post-bop jazz trio (sax, ac bass, drums) and I want to get the best bang for my (limited)...

skotterz
replies: 2 views: 445
skotterz 2 weeks ago

Hey folks, Im wondering what would be the best way to patch some hardware with my current setup. I´m only using DAW for...

RayGrauberger
replies: 6 views: 899
RayGrauberger 2 weeks ago

So I’m slowly putting together my home studio. I have two Motu units. An 896 and a 828. My question is about the outs, and...

revjamie
replies: 4 views: 355
Scumbaguk 2 weeks ago

Hi I have had the m-audio fast track pro for a long time now. I decided to grab a SM58 mic. However, it is super super quiet...

whatsuppeop0le
replies: 10 views: 547
Bushman 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm new in the home recording field and I have a slight problem. I need to link the RME Fireface802 to another RME AD1-8 DS...

tailokmn
replies: 2 views: 431
pitchbend 2 weeks ago

Hello I am a total newbie in surround mixing and I have a few questions regarding 5.1 surround set-up in my future studio: 1....

EduardGore
replies: 4 views: 411
mattiasnyc 3 weeks ago

I would please like to know what leads I need exactly to connect my home stereo to my audio interface and where to plug them,...

clarestar
replies: 17 views: 7,555
adrianww 3 weeks ago

So ! its my first post ! I currently have the Presonus 16r to run 3 stereo IEM mixes for my X3 PSM...

rotaxhead
replies: 3 views: 432
DownTheLine 3 weeks ago

Folks, I'm in the process of building out a home studio (I'll add some photos to that section when I have some time), and I'm...

CasperDC
replies: 2 views: 557
CasperDC 3 weeks ago

I can hear my tracks in Reaper as well as my two keyboards through my new UMC1820 (using headphones), but I can't hear anything...

greggcain
replies: 0 views: 578
greggcain 3 weeks ago

Maybe a stupid question, but there's so much gear available, and I don't know where to look. My idea is simple: What I would...

MrMarc
replies: 2 views: 496
MrMarc 3 weeks ago

I got a new Zoom R24 last week and successfully recorded a multitrack song Saturday, 7 tracks. I wanted to just learn basics...

WiredAcoustic
replies: 2 views: 503
WiredAcoustic 3 weeks ago

Hey guys. The audio on this video is my first time mixing a full band recording. Is anyone willing to critique it? Don't worry...

konkon
replies: 15 views: 832
bill5 3 weeks ago

Hello, Learner here! I am currently mixing a song on reaper that has 2 stereo synth tracks. there is a whistly noise ( super...

sirabhorn
replies: 14 views: 898
sirabhorn 3 weeks ago

Hi there I am more analogue synth person but here is an example I am havig problems and was hoping for inspiration to where I am...

NARINDER
replies: 6 views: 911
joeq 3 weeks ago

Hi. I wonder if I can connect with madi a Soundcraft Mini Stagebox 16 direct to rme fireface ufx+ interface and controll the...

mihin
replies: 0 views: 627
mihin 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, Does USB 2.0 cables make any difference in sound quality when we are talking about MIDI controlers like Launchpad or...

Magic Music Box
replies: 3 views: 567
wrgkmc 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys Quick question, it is advised that to get a kick drum (for example) to sound fatter one might use a compressor to...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 7 views: 667
CJ Mastering 3 weeks ago

Hi dear gearslutz, there is many advice over the internet about frequencies, loudness, delay etc. for getting depth in the...

Amadeus45
replies: 5 views: 640
Sigma 3 weeks ago

Hi! I just got my pro tools 12 and I have tried solve that problem couple days allready. Everything seems to be ok, but I just...

Perttu
replies: 7 views: 660
CJ Mastering 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search