The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey, I have one of the older Apogee ensemble models that uses firewire. I have a mac tower with what looks to me like 2...

maxmatthewsmusic
replies: 3 views: 277
stevelindsay 1 week ago

Hi, I was thinking of hooking up a digital piano to play through my monitors. Right now I have a Scarlett 2i2 which has no...

pabeazy
replies: 1 views: 270
musicus 1 week ago

So im new here at engineering MYSELF and i do rap- hip hop vocals for my own stuff ive been spending countless dollars on mics...

KingpenCowboy
replies: 6 views: 191
KingpenCowboy 1 week ago

Hi guys. I am a beginner at mixing and mastering my own small electronic projects. I know the very basics of eq, compression...

Riffnugget
replies: 3 views: 251
Riffnugget 1 week ago

Hey I have a small private studio I have been building up this last year. I record hard rock music. Pretty much mono tracks only....

Vintage4life11
replies: 9 views: 1,100
mikoo69 1 week ago

Hey everybody! Any tips on how to achieve this overall vibe and sound in mixing?...

VP_Music
replies: 4 views: 319
decocco 1 week ago

should i just get a keyboard to practice with wile i listen to music and play wile i make beats before i get a midi for FL STUDIO...

ECray
replies: 1 views: 380
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hi all, I've bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface. I installed the drivers and I am using Pro Tools First to...

nagymt96
replies: 1 views: 192
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Just got a Tascam 388 and wondering how to connect it to an iMac? What cables? I have a Presonus USB interface and won't...

james01
replies: 3 views: 361
Monotremata 1 week ago

I'm thinking about buying a Mackie 32/8, because I'd like to mix with a proper mixer instead of on the computer. But how do I...

HelloMellow
replies: 17 views: 5,734
MrKahuna 1 week ago

Could someone please help me make a decision on purchasing a hardware tracking compressor. Basically I play and want to record...

camomiletea
replies: 31 views: 613
A Fak 1 week ago

As a beginner, I typically add some EQ to my masters and still they just don't have the clarity or character I'm searching for. I...

deern
replies: 5 views: 587
zukan 1 week ago

I'm mixing on a pair of JBL 46710K s and they sound amazing. Should I go newer stuff ?

Fastfreddie
replies: 7 views: 372
joeq 1 week ago

I was just wondering if there was a plug-in that could take the input of audio, detect the average BPM and then stretch and...

sKJF
replies: 1 views: 241
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hi! Wondering what type of fx or recording trick is on Dexter's Holland vocal over...

MFSAKA
replies: 2 views: 297
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hi, my girlfriend and myself love to go running to dance/techno/trance music. For years I have been using Mixmeister to make mp3...

TooCool
replies: 1 views: 255
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hi, I have a Audio Technica AT2020 mic connected to my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st gen) audio interface on my Windows 10 PC. I...

AfxTwn
replies: 6 views: 351
Bushman 1 week ago

Hi, Just wondering how feasible starting such a business is. I'm in Toronto, so there are lots of bands. I know how to use a...

mcclure
replies: 19 views: 1,258
dannydawiz 1 week ago

Hello, I did a classical trio recording a couple of weeks ago. I used an ORTF as the main pair. The mic I used was Schoeps...

Krell
replies: 13 views: 712
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi, I would like to apply a HPF to the sidechain of the Fabfilter L2 compressor so that the Kick and bass have less influence,...

phillus
replies: 6 views: 379
phillus 1 week ago

Hi, I recently bought the Scarlett 2i2 3rd, (my first interface), I don't have any audio monitors or p10 headphones so I tried to...

Grs_11
replies: 13 views: 733
darklide 1 week ago

I am in the beginning stages of setting up my home studio. So for right now, I just picked up a Yamaha P-515 digital piano and am...

Stones
replies: 9 views: 496
Stones 1 week ago

I'm running a survey exploring the struggles of music making, both beginners and experienced folks welcome. Thanks kindly!

poseidon27
replies: 1 views: 263
Dlane 1 week ago

Hey guys, I've been a lurker here and there on this site for a while but finally decided to register, sparked by a question I...

overcompressed
replies: 12 views: 1,366
sfilipee 2 weeks ago

Hi, we have a Tom Petty tribute band and are very focused on the best live sound, not studio sounds. We have a lovely 32 track...

DragginHearts
replies: 4 views: 243
Smithburg 2 weeks ago

I was in a Spotify timewarp and stumbled upon The Beatles and noticed 2 weeks ago a 2019 mix version of Abbey Road was released....

Barncore
replies: 8 views: 708
Barncore 2 weeks ago

Hi, why are the frequency response graphs of the akg414 slightly different for each different polar pattern?

josha
replies: 2 views: 345
josha 2 weeks ago

Hi guys! I’m using a Slate digital microphone with the VMS One pre-amp. I consider buying the WA76 compressor. Slate...

MichaelHausted
replies: 3 views: 271
BT64 2 weeks ago

I often find myself troubleshooting a lot without even knowing what I'm looking for. There's this feeling that something is...

esimo
replies: 11 views: 648
wrgkmc 2 weeks ago

Hello, I'm a total newbie and I guess that to the most of you my questions will be easy and stupid, but I'm in a serious...

mindphuq
replies: 0 views: 223
mindphuq 2 weeks ago

It's been a while since I've made music. My previous set up was Atari ST/Akai S950 ... yeah, a loooong time. I'm looking to...

lloydi
replies: 0 views: 205
lloydi 2 weeks ago

Hey! So skipping to the point. Let me share a hypothetical set up, and somebody who is familiar with clocking ADAT devices VIA...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 10 views: 367
HeadlessDinosaur 2 weeks ago

Haven't found any definitive answer for this so here ya go GS.. I always have my monitors set using Blue Sky's calibration...

Monotremata
replies: 19 views: 456
Monotremata 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know if this is possible? The S1 is (theoretically) coming out soon, but it also seems to be delayed, so I'm...

CasperDC
replies: 1 views: 232
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

Long story short, I accidentally deleted my most recent backup of a project, and I only have a bounced .m4a track of a previous...

Ross49
replies: 6 views: 356
HeadlessDinosaur 2 weeks ago

So I've been focusing on listening to vocal mixing in the music I listen to. I really like the jesus and mary chain and hear this...

SometimesAlways
replies: 4 views: 333
Owen L T 2 weeks ago

I'll try to keep this as simple (haha) as possible. I'm recording live mic commentary in Reaper and video game capture in...

Diablogato
replies: 1 views: 267
Wizzomixer 2 weeks ago

Hi - not sure if this is the right forum, but thought it seemed the best place as I'm a newbie here - i've been using some of the...

acided
replies: 0 views: 298
acided 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, nice to see so many musicakers at work. To cut to the chase here: i'm planning on setting up a local studio for the...

djflippo
replies: 14 views: 645
joeq 2 weeks ago

Greetings to anyone who takes his/her time to read this thread. I’m starting an experimental/noise music project (consider me...

plastikman
replies: 1 views: 255
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

My setup is as follows: Yamaha P515> Mogami gold 3' TS to TS(L&R) into a Radial D2>MG XLR-10'(L&R) into adam T10S...

Stones
replies: 5 views: 324
Stones 2 weeks ago

Long time lurker, first time poster! To make a long story short, I’m investing in a him studio (bedroom edition) so I’ve...

Superkawasaki
replies: 5 views: 394
wrgkmc 2 weeks ago

Hi, any help or suggestions would be more than greatly appreciated :heh: I am using Ableton Live 10 (Suite). When trying to...

DennisGuarro
replies: 11 views: 578
DennisGuarro 2 weeks ago

Hello, I recently got a ART Pro VLA II compressor and I am trying to have stereo compression from my ableton, thru the...

BernieEDo
replies: 5 views: 293
wrgkmc 2 weeks ago

I've been recording/mixing a long time, but never really learned the technical aspect of it. I'm sure this has been asked an...

daveasdf
replies: 8 views: 560
decocco 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, So I’m tracking live drums in my basement studio. Got some decent mics, 421s, D112, 57s, sub kick etc....

revjamie
replies: 2 views: 286
decocco 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone! Yet another noise/num/buzz thread, I know! To be honest I've been searching online for answers to this and tried...

PabloFerrigno
replies: 2 views: 710
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hi there, so I'm working on some songs and I just feel like there is this huge mysterious chasm between things I record and sound...

part12studios
replies: 18 views: 856
part12studios 2 weeks ago

Hello, A while back I send some audio tracks from Logic X into my focusrite scarlett 18i20 into my allen and heath zed 24...

ErnstVonStroheim
replies: 3 views: 430
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hello to you all, I am a classical singer with no knowledge on audio engineering. I am currently doing vocal lessons with my...

Soprano
replies: 1 views: 331
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search