The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello there! Im wondering if the following signal chain is a plausible way Of doing things without a mixer, wich i am getting,...

Lowl
replies: 2 views: 520
Lowl 26th December 2017

Happy Holidays, everyone. I have some gear in matched pairs that I use between my Garageband to Scarlet 2i4 and my Teac...

BoomWomb
replies: 0 views: 414
BoomWomb 26th December 2017

I have a question: Thinking of adding an outboard compressor to my DAW. Now... Most audio interfaces lack XLR outs, they...

Simonharwood
replies: 4 views: 1,041
JayTee4303 26th December 2017

My setup: Presonus Quantum, Presonus monitor speakers, Studio One 3 pro, JCM800 2203 Lead Series head x2 (set at 16 ohm),...

howzilla
replies: 2 views: 627
FreshProduce 26th December 2017

I have a question about mid- side processing- specifically using this process to convert stereo sounds to mono while maintaining...

anotherspud
replies: 1 views: 464
FreshProduce 26th December 2017

First off I don't know if this is the right sub-forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have a Focusrite 2i2...

JohnnyIce
replies: 3 views: 904
bnks audio group 26th December 2017

Here's a new track I just finished. I'm not really satisfied with the vocals and aside from the performance I feel like mixing...

dannydawiz
replies: 10 views: 901
bnks audio group 26th December 2017

Merry Christmas, all. Feeling quite sick to my stomach this morning. Traveled 4 hours after work last night to visit home for...

doctrinity
replies: 4 views: 557
zarven kara 25th December 2017

I'm sure this has been posted countless times but I have read so much conflicting information and I'd love to hear your opinions....

JamesAsh
replies: 8 views: 802
iamdynamite 25th December 2017

Hey everyone. I recently purchased a Mackie Onyx Blackjack interface and Studio Projects VTB1 pre amp to pair with my Shure SM7B...

D Cortes
replies: 2 views: 746
MarkF48 25th December 2017

Hi all! I´m new here. I´m first photographer but make also great efforts in DSLR-video. Up to now I used...

thomas_alemania
replies: 1 views: 505
filmcomposer 25th December 2017

First off I want to truly thank everyone who contributes, and helps us NEWBIES on our journey. The priceless advice is truly...

Basslik
replies: 1 views: 491

I guess i'm newbie in this tehnique. Reading this article: http://soundbytesmag.net/audiodepthperceptioninyourmixes/ got me...

souljahh
replies: 1 views: 651

Hello people of Gearslutz, I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and since I plan on buying a torpedo captor, I want to get a longer...

JoshBour
replies: 1 views: 815

Hi everyone! I'm looking achieve this sort of ambient guitar (or synth?) tone that's in this song (starts at 0:30). I'm using...

MossSound
replies: 1 views: 641

How do I hook up my Yamaha MG12xu mixer to an H6 Zoom recorder for recording podcasts? Thank you.

kencast
replies: 1 views: 1,163

I have an MPC 2KXL w/8 outs and I plan to use it for drums and I'll pair it w/a Microkorg with the goal of playing keys on the MK...

boombapdame
replies: 1 views: 1,680

Hey guys I know this is pretty straightforward, but I'm trying to switch over to Ableton and I'm having trouble importing a MIDI...

cecilkakarot
replies: 1 views: 690

Hello guys, I know this has been discussed tons of times but please bear with me. I currently own a pair of KRK Rokit...

shialarandom
replies: 1 views: 852

Hi! I stand between buying or building a guitar multieffect pedal with a singlecard computer (Arduino). I want to know the pros....

Fendurk
replies: 1 views: 514

Hi everyone I'm a complete newbie when it comes to synths etc. I was wondering if there is a preset I can use in Logic Pro X...

Szymon Szymanski
replies: 1 views: 551

This is a question regarding the use of crossed figure 8 (Bllumlein) mics. I made a couple of recordings using the technique and...

bigdaddyrox1045
replies: 1 views: 446

Hi, Another dumb question: When tracking vocals, is there something I can do on my daw to be able to hear delay/reverb...

rickyh90
replies: 3 views: 462
JayTee4303 25th December 2017

Hello All, I'm a relative newcomer to recording. Having said that I have been blessed with a lot of time on my hands and enough...

MikeInDunwoody
replies: 4 views: 637
BazzBass 25th December 2017

Hello everyone, I’m new to recording and was wondering how to connect mixer (Behringer802) to my interface (Scarlett2i4) I want...

Slaythrash
replies: 5 views: 534
BazzBass 25th December 2017

whats up guys I'm pretty new to audio engineering so i was wondering if i was missing anything from my backpack compared to...

DaFranchize36
replies: 1 views: 550
Bushman 25th December 2017

I know Realtek isn't the greatest sound card/drivers, but I was still wondering: I'm using a Lenovo laptop with just one aux...

bigMan808
replies: 2 views: 989
bigMan808 25th December 2017

Don't flame! I've been browsing gearslutz for a while and I know that overcompressing vocal is somewhat the Satan of vocal...

LongLong
replies: 2 views: 625
Zeppelin 25th December 2017

Hi Gear Slutz, I hope some of you geniuses can help me. I am a home keyboardist, not an audio engineering guy. It seems...

steve200
replies: 4 views: 1,619
steve200 24th December 2017

Hi, Whenever I connect my ipad or iphone to Ableton I can hear this low volume high pitch buzzing sound and its audible in the...

Steini
replies: 1 views: 607
CJ Mastering 24th December 2017

After I export/bounce my "completed" song, I make a new project and put my song in the new project with a...

CuriousYearner
replies: 41 views: 2,078
Riccardo 24th December 2017

I own a Golden Age Project R1 Mk II Ribbon Microphone and i love the way it sounds on kick. Nice 60s boomy sound. However I'm...

kitsebastian
replies: 1 views: 476
CJ Mastering 24th December 2017

What would be used to remove a harsh "T" sound from a vocal? I recorded with a pop filter but want to learn if it's...

turtletree
replies: 5 views: 613
Jake_SJL 24th December 2017

Hi all! I've started experimenting with recording a grand piano lately with a pair of a spaced stereo pair omni SDCs placed...

maticomp
replies: 1 views: 459
nosebleedaudio 24th December 2017

Is there a relationship between ips and bpm? If so, what is it? Wasn't able to find an answer in the search. Thanks,...

BestLifeNow
replies: 2 views: 594
joeq 24th December 2017

Hello, this is my first thread and I'm a beginner in engineering. I'm inexperienced at mixing, I use Presonus Studio One and I...

SubversionUK
replies: 7 views: 618
SubversionUK 24th December 2017

Hi people ! This is my first time posting a query here . Hope i get help regarding it . I was working in some artist studio...

showkidd
replies: 24 views: 2,154
chinesewhiteman 23rd December 2017

Hello Gearslutz finally made an account here was a quiet reader for a year now. As a amateur I have a questions about the...

RazerNaga
replies: 3 views: 439
Owen L T 23rd December 2017

I heard this earlier today and loved how the vocals are in your face, but still blend in perfectly to the song. Any tips for...

richie0801
replies: 2 views: 548
CJ Mastering 23rd December 2017

Hi, please recommend a cheap usb sound card with inputs and midi that i can later on connect an patch bay. Thank you

IzaacSpyro
replies: 2 views: 473
IzaacSpyro 23rd December 2017

YouTube I'm trying to mimic the intro of the song in the link. I'm wondering which reverb is more suitable. Right now, I'm...

qkrzazzang
replies: 4 views: 582

Having a tough time understanding this concept:   So I'm working on remixing a song that's in G minor. The song...

Pgathriller
replies: 3 views: 590
joeq 23rd December 2017

Hey guys, Me and my band wrote some songs in the past and now whe are getting ready to get them recorded late 2018. Time of...

IronCross
replies: 5 views: 537
Brent Hahn 23rd December 2017

Hello. I was considering finding a large room with natural reverberation to do some tracking in: vocals, acoustic etc... Found...

szyam
replies: 10 views: 692
DCtoDaylight 23rd December 2017

I'm sure everybody's familiar with setting a narrow q + loudest db then sweeping the frequency to find pleasing or not pleasing...

CuriousYearner
replies: 18 views: 1,508

Hi! I have been keeping my eyes on 2 Strymonpedals, Bigsky and El Capistan. I absolutely love the sound of them from the demo's...

neoking
replies: 8 views: 1,086
neoking 22nd December 2017

Yo, whats up? I'm trying to figure out how to correctly transpose things. I have a loop in a E major key and I want to...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 13 views: 996
Hip Hop Head 22nd December 2017

i want to start recording rap songs. i prefer to record on a dynamic mic in my room in order to avoid noise from other areas of...

douglasskates
replies: 18 views: 2,196
Bushman 22nd December 2017

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time posting. I recently purchased a Dizengoff D4 preamp from Sweetwater for my home...

artmx47
replies: 2 views: 1,923
artmx47 22nd December 2017

1COt_idi2LU I was wondering if anyone here knew how to program an arpeggio like the one in this song (0:06 to 0:14 or so). It...

Dkelloway
replies: 0 views: 472
Dkelloway 22nd December 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search