The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

hello A/D professionals! am i able to connect the burl bomber B2 bomber ADC to my current 2015 iMac i have? i have pictures...

bossdockins
replies: 6 views: 1,048
dethbyoogabooga 1st October 2017

Been looking for the right audio interface, 4 xlrs and a half decent sound. All this talk over focusrite scarlett gen 1 and gen...

alexmc
replies: 2 views: 320
Owen L T 1st October 2017

I have a LOT of written songs that I need to get a guitar/vocal done on. I get a bit paranoid; if something were to happen to me,...

livemusic
replies: 3 views: 464
livemusic 1st October 2017

I have a fairly small room, I was wondering which would make a greater different towards quality of vocals. Acoustically treating...

SanchieP
replies: 2 views: 353
Martel80 1st October 2017

Hello guys, i'm going to record a new album for my metal band and i have some questions about how to direct record my guitars and...

Mathost
replies: 3 views: 684
dethbyoogabooga 1st October 2017

Hi all, Complete newbie to home recording here (weeks), first post so please be gentle. Not sure whether to post here at newbies...

goosecat
replies: 21 views: 10,575
m1a1t 1st October 2017

I currently have the Apogee Duet First Gen and its a pretty nice AI for the price. However, my friend is starting to get into the...

SanchieP
replies: 3 views: 751
xist 1st October 2017

I love to make beats on my free time mostly on Ableton, but I could never have my beats sound good in all types of speakers or...

josegomez737
replies: 9 views: 489
xist 1st October 2017

What is the best home recording solution for $500 or less? I play guitar, and I'm looking for something to record my practice...

Great Big Sound
replies: 18 views: 2,205
xist 1st October 2017

I find myself bouncing my mix a couple times with every mix a different eq setting for example a harsher 5k boost on the vocals,...

umbromane
replies: 19 views: 684
Lenzo 1st October 2017

Hi!! I need help to undersand how it work on Mac with Audio Interface. If i buy a audio interface for example Focusrite...

djecaron16
replies: 2 views: 390
djecaron16 1st October 2017

i know this drum beat is rather simple, and this is what confuses me so much, how to make a simple drum beat sound...

davidisaac
replies: 4 views: 334
Owen L T 1st October 2017

I currently have a apogee duet 2 and an akg p420 already ordered and currently shipping. I currently been using cubase on my...

SanchieP
replies: 7 views: 534
Owen L T 30th September 2017

Hello everyone, noob here in Gearslutz, but not that much of a noob in the real world and audio engineering... So I hope I'm...

joegiampaoli
replies: 0 views: 517
joegiampaoli 30th September 2017

Hi,I'm newbie. And out of budget. I think I need a weighted hammer key MIDI controller, but they're too expensive to me. I...

ThomasDuy
replies: 0 views: 287
ThomasDuy 30th September 2017

Need an audio interface with 4x XLR inputs but i'm on a low budget (the baby must eat too according to the wife). I've been...

alexmc
replies: 5 views: 465
alexmc 30th September 2017

Hi guys. For example some studio hired me to edit a multitrack. Do they usually tels what exactly they want me to do or there is...

Yell
replies: 9 views: 753
Yell 30th September 2017

Hello, how did Xander make that floaty bass sound in the drop section of his song hola? The song:...

sidechain56
replies: 0 views: 268
sidechain56 30th September 2017

Hi, I recently decided to purchase a Mackie Big Knob Studio to upgrade from my Maudio Mtrack, since I wanted more inputs....

alittlepeace
replies: 10 views: 1,659
alittlepeace 30th September 2017

So I am finishing up a mix of my track in Logic and I ensured I had plenty of headroom (about +12db) before sending it to a...

elbonez
replies: 3 views: 375
Etch-A-Sketch 30th September 2017

Ok, a bit embarrassing. Before I'm flamed I did spend a fair bit of time googling and I'm confusing myself, largely because I'm...

Samion
replies: 3 views: 689
Deleted User 30th September 2017

While I'm not a newbie, I'm a bit out of the loop and have a pretty simple question. I have an M-Audio keyboard plugged into a...

lagavulin16
replies: 7 views: 435
rattlemyhats 30th September 2017

I've always been a bit shaky on the definitions of thoese who record/mix/produce music. I'm at the point where I want to start...

ShortWarning
replies: 5 views: 479
donsolo 29th September 2017

My monitor controller's user manual asks whether my hardware recording interface "operates at a -10 dBV level (consumer) or...

ajweiss
replies: 14 views: 1,536
Wayne 29th September 2017

Imcurrenlty doing some patchbay planning. I thought it was gonna be a static setup....then I decided to get some outboard gear....

Gitaarwerk
replies: 4 views: 618
Gitaarwerk 29th September 2017

Alright, this is a bit of a bad question bt I need to know after searching high and low. the other day I purchased an aka...

pirate
replies: 5 views: 318
Samion 29th September 2017

brand new here i used the search for best threads on gearslutz. Didn't find a thread that listed must read threads. Can you...

rattlemyhats
replies: 2 views: 369
JamEZmusic 29th September 2017

I am looking to upgrade my audio interface, would it be better to get a audient id14, or a focusrite pro 40, I know the focusrite...

Trevchat
replies: 1 views: 671
Enlightened Hand 29th September 2017

Am I right in thinking if I was to record say 2 vocals and an acoustic guitar at the same time using 3 different condenser mics,...

alexmc
replies: 4 views: 384
alexmc 29th September 2017

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to production but have a current setup of 2 CDJ 900s, a DJM 900NXS2, Ableton Push 2, studio...

brendann12
replies: 1 views: 453
butter 29th September 2017

Hi, thanks for taking a look at this long newbie post! Were not too happy with the sound were getting from our 2 mics in our 2...

austuff
replies: 1 views: 385
elegentdrum 29th September 2017

Hi, I'm wondering what happens to my signal as it goes from my guitar through an effect pedal and into an interface. The...

b0bcat
replies: 6 views: 476
b0bcat 29th September 2017

I think at least - the visuals are esp good: https://ask.audio/articles/mixing-tips-the-importance-of-panning

bill5
replies: 2 views: 369
americanbison 28th September 2017

Is this room shape/size good for recording drums? The wall across from the drums seems to have lots of non parallel walls and...

cyclones
replies: 5 views: 671
DannyMac 28th September 2017

Hello everyone, my name is Mark I am a singer and newbie to audio engineering. I'd like to know if I can use my dbx 160A...

ProxyOne
replies: 1 views: 493
wrgkmc 28th September 2017

Hello all, I have recently had to downsize into a tiny monitoring space which doubles as my bedroom. The room is rectangular...

EnderTheThird
replies: 4 views: 330
EnderTheThird 28th September 2017

Hi, I'm having a lot of issues recording a strummed guitar part played on a Steel String full sized acoustic guitar, I can't...

JamEZmusic
replies: 13 views: 2,470
robert82 27th September 2017

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask a quick question and get some opinions. Wondering whether or not it is a common and/or good...

COMNS
replies: 3 views: 396
wrgkmc 27th September 2017

Here's what I got: Babyface Pro (http://babyface.rme-audio.de) NS-10M Studio monitors...

Deleted 4f03b6d
replies: 15 views: 966
Bushman 27th September 2017

besides pitch correction, are their any other techniques known that make a vocal sound polished, and seem as though it's...

skitzothebeast
replies: 11 views: 736
Lenzo 27th September 2017

I picked up an Akai 1731W at an estate sale today. Almost everything works. However, the left channel is the only one that you...

jokerone
replies: 3 views: 362
jokerone 27th September 2017

Hello everyone, I have Scarlett 2i2 (2nd gen) in my home studio. I'm looking for a referance headphone that I can use with my...

c.aksu
replies: 3 views: 926
viciousbliss 27th September 2017

I have an outboard compressor how would I get audio from my DAW into the compressor back into my DAW can I do that with Apollo...

universalmidi
replies: 4 views: 1,116
universalmidi 27th September 2017

How to record computer audio? Soundflower bed for Mac just keeps crashing on me and Jack sucks. Anything else out there would be...

dexum175
replies: 6 views: 5,919
Mushy Mushy 27th September 2017

Hello all! I recently got a gig as a sound engineer for a local radio station that hosts a live performance in house once a...

rjmiller927
replies: 8 views: 372
Wyllys 27th September 2017

When someone says something is at a level of whatever, let's say 5 gagillion "dB," for show, what kind of 'dB' are they...

ajweiss
replies: 11 views: 461
FreshProduce 26th September 2017

Hi everyone, Sorry in advance if i posted this in the wrong forum. I was just wondering how a simple electric signal could...

rizlazo
replies: 14 views: 549
thehightenor 26th September 2017

Hi there! I'm having difficulty understanding the exact chain of hardware for a more advanced microphone setup. I get the basics...

Nick Katz
replies: 4 views: 483
Nick Katz 26th September 2017

Im deciding between a Dell Inspiron 8gb ram 1tb hard drive computer with soundmaxx audio audio card or a Refurbished MacBook Pro...

TezMalone
replies: 0 views: 366
TezMalone 26th September 2017

hey guys, on my quest to shape my sound im looking for a vintage string synth, versatility is not the issue, but a type of sound...

davidisaac
replies: 1 views: 613
dethbyoogabooga 25th September 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search