The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 123 views: 70,485
Carbinax 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 145,505
nosebleedaudio 9th April 2019

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 82,968
DIGIT 3rd March 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 80,302
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 37,584
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 39,619
Jules 1st February 2011

I started some time February and am so far pleased with my progress. Then: - while able to balance couldn't hear the eq...

Nuieve
replies: 3 views: 209
bitman 3 hours ago

Hello everyone, I have been recording with college while on my music course and I am looking into getting my own gear. I have...

ReeceCarter2509
replies: 1 views: 226
Bushman 3 hours ago

My school recently purchased a new Kramer vp-771 Scaler/Switcher to replace a broken Kramer vp-728. On the vp-728 there were 2...

tfisher
replies: 1 views: 98
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

Hello, A few months ago I bought a pair of LSR 305 MKII and they worked perfectly, connected to my macbook air/phone via a...

Ganrilan
replies: 3 views: 115
Poinzy 5 hours ago

i’m setting up my apartment to record and need guidance. i’ve never stepped foot in a recording studio. i know i’m green...

nelsonmiller
replies: 2 views: 195
nelsonmiller 5 hours ago

Hi everyone! I'm a hobby-mixer and my main goal is to make my own music sound good, or at least listenable enough :) I'm...

boringsim
replies: 7 views: 334
Moondog007 5 hours ago

Hello everyone. I want to upgrade my Home Studio to Surround 5.1. I have found the SPL Surround Monitor Controller for monitoring...

gab0
replies: 7 views: 237
mattiasnyc 6 hours ago

If i double-track distorted electric rhythm guitar, meaning recording the same part twice, with the exact same panning, volume,...

Spoiled
replies: 10 views: 210
Jeff Hayat 6 hours ago

I've cleaned out the attic and among my stuff is "high end consumer" (I believe) Denon cassette deck and amongst all...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 31 views: 811
joeq 9 hours ago

Hi all, Back when Production Expert was the Air Users Blog they released quite a few samples for Structure. I used to use a...

Tebbes
replies: 3 views: 268
JoeyM 9 hours ago

Help! Spent hours trying to work out if it's possible to use the headphone out on the breakout cable for the RME Babyface as...

weirdfishee
replies: 1 views: 255
weirdfishee 9 hours ago

I'm putting together the setup for my first show ever. The Idea is to have the backing tracks come from my OctaTrack and I play...

theconsumer33
replies: 0 views: 101
theconsumer33 9 hours ago

Hi all! This is my first post to the forum, so please forgive me if this topic has appeared elsewhere and I have missed it in my...

jpbolger
replies: 4 views: 346
jpbolger 10 hours ago

Hi, im looking for some audio advice Do i need high end converters to make professional sounding mixes? Eg. Atm i use Krk...

DankaBeats
replies: 5 views: 265
thedberg 11 hours ago

Hello again, Can anyone tell me which brand has the best ouput quality please? i've compared an Audient and a Presonus, both...

silverprout
replies: 0 views: 115
silverprout 11 hours ago

Please correct if wrong. Thanks https://i.ibb.co/W5Dkp1T/Pics-Art-06-16-04-46-57.jpg

Amsoily
replies: 3 views: 222
Amsoily 11 hours ago

Hello, I have routed all the drum tracks in my project to a drum bus. The single tracks are ok but they sum up in the bus and...

yesyes
replies: 59 views: 830
mattiasnyc 13 hours ago

Just bought a Behringer Ultracoustic AT108 amplifier for practice at home. Am attempting to connect to my TC-Helicon PlayAcoustic...

kritz
replies: 0 views: 111
kritz 13 hours ago

OK so when I have two analogue channels on my desk that I want to match the levels exactly for stereo should I be using... 1....

Carl Freeland
replies: 7 views: 345
nosebleedaudio 14 hours ago

hi cant find the answer anywhere but which plugin goes first in the chain? waves nx or sonarworks? thanx

nsta555
replies: 0 views: 149
nsta555 15 hours ago

Hi Guys, I have several mics on my drums in my studio. 2 for the kick, 2 for the snare, 4 tom mics, HH and a pair of...

MDslammer
replies: 3 views: 210
MDslammer 15 hours ago

Hi guys! Anyone familiar with Apple iOS' "Late Night" EQ that's not an EQ but actually a compressor? I'm...

MJ_Chile
replies: 16 views: 551
DirkP 16 hours ago

I own JBL LSR305 monitors and want to use them out of both my Apogee Duet (for mixing) and Korg SV-1 keyboard (for playing). The...

vedt
replies: 10 views: 8,788
Jogle 22 hours ago

Hi, I'm new to di's & a little confused about some of the functions. Im looking for a good speaker simulator/di box...

Ghostsintheair
replies: 1 views: 295
DMFraser 23 hours ago

Hi everybody, I’m thinking about starting to record vocals with a hardware compressor in the chain. Like a WA-76 or WA-2a....

Stayf
replies: 8 views: 391
Nuieve 1 day ago

Hi everyone, obviously completely new to here AND new to fixing sound quality in videos. My friends band performed...

Cybrex
replies: 2 views: 231
joeq 1 day ago

Hello, I find my computer DAW noise floor too high, anyone can tell me what level of NF i should expect from a computer DAW?

silverprout
replies: 8 views: 338
silverprout 1 day ago

Hi everyone, this is my first thread here. Been surfing here for a long time, and I think this is the best place to have an...

JovaQuincy
replies: 2 views: 301
matt pinchin 1 day ago

Hi, i want to recreate vocal effect like in this song https://youtu.be/z97qLNXeAMQ?t=18 Any ideas how to do it?

wan
replies: 2 views: 243
wan 1 day ago

I don't have much experience with gear, and i'm trying to do something i'm not even sure is possible. I enjoy very much...

Boguz
replies: 0 views: 211
Boguz 1 day ago

I am in dire need of help here trying to connect my new Mic Preamp. I'm new to recording vocals. I am getting an unacceptable...

Rizza12
replies: 19 views: 5,631
nosebleedaudio 1 day ago

Hello. I am new to this audio engineering stuff and began working with my church to further learn more about the importance in...

dbrown1111
replies: 3 views: 352
Poinzy 1 day ago

Hi, I hope everyone would have a good weekend. I currently own a pair of JBL305. They are great and have been with me for...

ZorroQ8
replies: 8 views: 358
Owen L T 1 day ago

Hello, I hope I'm in the right place for this question. I'm very new to playing guitar. As of now I simply play electric...

Kentortoise
replies: 1 views: 287
Monk u 1 day ago

TLDR Version (taken from my reply below): I have two mono tracks - one is combined voice and guitar (with reverb) the other is...

ggodfrey
replies: 11 views: 377
joeq 2 days ago

What scanning software would you all recommend? I've done some research on SmartScore, PhotoScore, and ScanScore. So far,...

pianowillbebach
replies: 0 views: 257
pianowillbebach 2 days ago

So I used multibus compression. Top down stuff, with a different kind of saturation and a different compressor on each bus. One...

Dlane
replies: 18 views: 662
Dlane 2 days ago

Currently using FL Studio, M-Audio Fast Track II and Bias FX with my electronic guitar. When I change 44.1 between 48 from the...

Super Mario
replies: 10 views: 502
Arthur Stone 2 days ago

I really enjoy the production on this record, and it’s something I’m not used to from Future. He’s been playing with...

panemusic
replies: 1 views: 322
panemusic 2 days ago

Hello folks! I have producing music for years but this is my first post on Gearslutz ever! I am looking for the quickest way to...

trahancj
replies: 0 views: 254
trahancj 2 days ago

Hey there! I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff so any help would be great. I bought a Focustire scarlett Solo...

llRobinll
replies: 1 views: 285
Poinzy 2 days ago

So i own a tb-3 already and was going to get a second bass synth as the tb-3 makes other noises but personal opinions !! 2...

AGuyCalledLucas
replies: 0 views: 284
AGuyCalledLucas 2 days ago

Hi, this post is about explaining and understanding the use of "mono" in utility plugins and how to produce a true...

mixalis
replies: 19 views: 843
Sybille 2 days ago

Hi, I’m trying to remake song But the original song sounds “bigger” I know it’s all about mix but I tried to add...

aviorrok
replies: 9 views: 457
akai612 2 days ago

How are these type of stadium vocals https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=emPgccVyjfw Around 2 minutes....

MUSICMUSIC
replies: 3 views: 348
smoke 2 days ago

I read the buyer guides, but didn't quite figure it out from them. I need to get a new audio interface to replace my busted...

WildIsTheWind
replies: 10 views: 539
Mag J 2 days ago

Greetings and salutations to all!!! Available now!!!! Combine the Best of Modern Hi-Tech Design with the Best Sonic's of the...

Vertigo Sound
replies: 5 views: 701
vashuba 3 days ago

Hey there, My initial apologies for a really long post to follow. Having trouble with my RME 9652 DSP card on my Win7 machine,...

RavenHeart
replies: 6 views: 349
SonicAxiom 3 days ago

I love the vocal production on this song, and I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on. It's obviously one performance...

Polymorphia
replies: 5 views: 388
Sybille 3 days ago

Hey, my name is Nicolas, I’m new here. I have a question concerning the sound aesthetic of some Brazilian records of the 70s...

nnmm
replies: 9 views: 471
Polymorphia 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search