The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 138 views: 73,990
djtomfoolery 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 132,533
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 62,486
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 73,312
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,410
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,417
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi all, Tracking Vocals: I always used Solid-state mics, and my mic pre (RND 511) was set around 40-50db gain, and (48v...

antilife
replies: 6 views: 258
antilife 20 minutes ago

How do you guys deal with the multi-instrument output of drummachines that only have 1 output signal? For example; I have a...

Iamgeert
replies: 14 views: 236
Iamgeert 23 minutes ago

A lot of people here, tend to dislike overly tuned vocals saying it adds artifacts, and makes the vocal sound emotionless, or...

herzack
replies: 611 views: 9,181
s wave 26 minutes ago

Looking to getting into recording piano at home as a side hobby. My room is pretty small and I'm not too sure what mic...

cluelesskiddo
replies: 37 views: 948
Mag J 1 hour ago

This is my PC. Upgrade recommendations (monitoring) I use it for gaming and for recording my guitar. I would like to get...

navin advani
replies: 28 views: 765
bill5 1 hour ago

I currently use a Mackie 1202 into a Roland OctaCapture for my home setup. The mackie outputs a submix of my edrums and...

wolfereeno
replies: 40 views: 1,204
bill5 1 hour ago

Hello everyone, I have been producing music in Cubase 9.5 Pro for some time now, but only via midi instruments. I recently...

joselovito
replies: 0 views: 31
joselovito 1 hour ago

Hi guys, I make electronic music for a couple of years now but till now I always did it only for the fun and with no...

Coenf99
replies: 7 views: 109
smoke 1 hour ago

i need help deciding what mixer to buy. the problem is that i never dealt with a bigger mixer with stereo sends in practice so...

MikeMeloni
replies: 4 views: 273
jiffybox 1 hour ago

I would like to safe for a nice synth, so I think I can’t get around not having a audio interface anymore. Ive seen a second...

Coenf99
replies: 15 views: 224
Coenf99 2 hours ago

Okay so I'll cut to the chase. I live-recorded a show over the weekend, multitracked into my daw. I was recording the guitars and...

B. Toast
replies: 2 views: 119
B. Toast 2 hours ago

How do you stay consistent? I find myself very off & on with this whole thing. Sometimes, the juices are flowing &...

MisterCrayle
replies: 6 views: 172
smoke 4 hours ago

Hi I am reading a lot that to make kicks sound better you need to have a punchy top end kick and a low end subby kick mixed...

stefjack1000
replies: 5 views: 171
RightOnRome 4 hours ago

Is it wrong to use 2 different compressors on a vocal? I EQ (subtracting/cleaning with the Waves F6-RTA) the vocal, use the waves...

xashtro
replies: 7 views: 449
CJ Mastering 4 hours ago

Hi all! New to this site. I’m on a quest to learn everything about producing top 40 pop hits and I’m wondering if...

Yabadabadoo
replies: 2 views: 167
Yabadabadoo 4 hours ago

TLDR; I need the mapping to connect my U-phoria umc 404hd and Xenyx qx1202usb to each other. ***Those who need some more...

Fyodor85
replies: 2 views: 94
Fyodor85 5 hours ago

Just some typical rhythmic hard-hitting brass section you hear in pop/hip hop these days. Though I've got some high-end horn...

SetMeInMotion
replies: 0 views: 77
SetMeInMotion 5 hours ago
replies: 16 views: 396
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

How do you get the old vocal reverb sound of these 50s/60s classics? Patsy Cline - Crazy I put a spell on you - Screamin' Jay...

boydell200
replies: 6 views: 244
Wizzomixer 6 hours ago

Hello all, Is there someone that can tell me how to create a sound like this? What synth or plugin is used to make this? Or is...

Volt9
replies: 8 views: 333
Kimi777 7 hours ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 54 views: 1,051
Prodba 11 hours ago

I have a NT1 with a rode interface. It shouldn't sound muddy when it's the raw vocals.. I don't have an upgraded sound card in my...

2Corrupt
replies: 11 views: 442
2Corrupt 11 hours ago

Hi, people! My name is Iskander Gafarov, I'm from Russia. I need your help, guys :( If I had created a thread in a wrong forum...

Jafaroff
replies: 4 views: 185
Jafaroff 12 hours ago

Is there more that can be done that's out of my reach? Should I bring this song to a mastering engineer? I can imagine the...

anvesh
replies: 4 views: 383
anvesh 21 hours ago

haven't had to chase ground loops before, but seems like now I have to. the only thing I have added/changed is that I put one of...

BoomWomb
replies: 4 views: 258
BoomWomb 21 hours ago

Hi, my aim is to record nylon guitar solo in tone similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcZ6s3z1jg I have 3 mics -...

mertas
replies: 0 views: 145
mertas 21 hours ago

Hello, first, sorry for my English. I would like to upgrade my audio card in setup (m-audio 410 - BMC2 - ADAM P22), and my...

lesa
replies: 2 views: 526
lesa 23 hours ago

Hi, I'm on Logic 8 recording solo acoustic guitar into two tracks. I run a couple of instances of URS CSP and a few instances...

edwardsean
replies: 45 views: 8,868
yrdlof 23 hours ago

Hello, I have this Relay - Wikipedia in two rooms near my studio, and every time the button is pressed to activate the relay...

djcandu
replies: 2 views: 180
djcandu 23 hours ago

Hey everyone, I've scoured google for a solid week and have yet to find some concrete answers on my question. In the past,...

buckleylives
replies: 5 views: 262
Dokterrock 1 day ago

Part of my problem is that I don't even know what the proper terminology for this would be, so I haven't even been able to search...

stiltzwaffles
replies: 3 views: 242
thehightenor 1 day ago

Hey everyone. I recently got into the world of synthesizers this past month with a Volca Keys, PO-12, and Bastl Kastle. I'm...

CrustFriend
replies: 3 views: 211
BT64 1 day ago

I prefer the sound of ribbon microphones but am only able to record guitars and vocals with 1 microphone simultaneously. Is a...

YourBestFriend
replies: 13 views: 327
AlecAlfaras 1 day ago

Hey! New to the forum, but y'all seem pretty groovy! I just got an electric drumkit at home for rehearsing with my other...

sarasongs
replies: 1 views: 211
unphased 1 day ago

Hello Everyone, I have a question: I'm planning to record analog synthesizers at my place; I have a Universal Audio Apollo...

Leoville
replies: 2 views: 224
Leoville 1 day ago

I want to preface this thread by saying that I have looked quite a bit for this answer but can't seem to find much to be honest. ...

diggiedawg
replies: 7 views: 417
s wave 1 day ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what the panned guitar sound that comes in at 0:12 is and how to create it. It sounds to me...

Dkelloway
replies: 0 views: 194
Dkelloway 1 day ago

Trying to finally sort out how to obtain noiseless DC power. I got a power conditioner, but still had hum, and hum harmonics at...

romus
replies: 0 views: 198
romus 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
u87allen 1 day ago

hi, I have recently purchased 2 new machines to my studio, which are a electribe emx-1 and a octatrack. Right now I have...

shank91
replies: 2 views: 213
shank91 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I picked up my guitar and GT-8 effects processor after about 10 years and bought myself a Focusrite Scarlett Solo...

alexroflol
replies: 1 views: 194
cavern 2 days ago

I understand what it does and how to set it up. Right now I have it setup with my HD 600s, running as a VST (on the master track)...

kalmoa
replies: 9 views: 665
PAPEdROGA 2 days ago

Hi, I'm searching for the Piano used in Card Captor Sakura theme "Groovy" I don't know where else to look!~ thank you...

Renliano
replies: 12 views: 394
Owen L T 2 days ago

This may belong in computer section but zero people answered there. So I'm running logic and need to know which specs to get...

mctoad
replies: 2 views: 226
Mag J 2 days ago

Dear Anyone/Everyone!! OK, so I'm a disabled wannabe music writer, I'll happily have a go at most genres. Thing IS - I've ONLY...

ulrichburke
replies: 0 views: 195
ulrichburke 2 days ago

I’m in the market for a new reverb. I love the reverb Gesaffelstein uses on his album Aleph. Just listening to the snippets on...

tmsn
replies: 0 views: 210
tmsn 2 days ago

I recently bought a Kodama delay stomp box in Tokyo. I intend to give it to someone in Australia as a gift. However, after...

Naoki971
replies: 2 views: 230
Naoki971 2 days ago

Hi Folks, As the subject says, I'm looking for songs/mixes that have great front-to-back depth. Film soundtracks, orchestral,...

cpsmusic
replies: 2 views: 241
greg_moreira 2 days ago

Hi I just bought some new vocal chain gear and need your guys' help in achieving a modern POP vocal sound, this chain is for a...

stefjack1000
replies: 1 views: 203
Bushman 2 days ago

I have one of these I'm using for vocals: Behringer MicroMON MA400 1-Ch Monitor Headphone Amplifier | Sweetwater And it is...

foul_owl
replies: 0 views: 185
foul_owl 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search