The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 137 views: 72,919
AndyHowell 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 131,116
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 61,697
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 72,572
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,131
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,028
Jules 1st February 2011

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 31 views: 549
Prodba 15 minutes ago

Hi all, I keep stumbling across this forum when researching so thought may as well make an account and say hello (as well as...

Top_Cat
replies: 0 views: 29
Top_Cat 50 minutes ago

A lot of people here, tend to dislike overly tuned vocals saying it adds artifacts, and makes the vocal sound emotionless, or...

herzack
replies: 308 views: 4,141
Prodba 1 hour ago

Last week we do an Acoustic recording and I don't know how to equalize, compress or how to process the drum recording. Can...

benini99
replies: 3 views: 83
theillusionist 2 hours ago

I’m a newbie who currently makes music almost entirely in the box, but am extremely interested in learning more about analog...

asdfl
replies: 3 views: 135
BIG BUDDHA 2 hours ago

Hello! I'm looking to improve/upgrade my home studio setup, I've only been using a TASCAM US-122MKII and a.... mic, and for a...

Zory
replies: 1 views: 94
BT64 3 hours ago

Any reason why real instruments on studio one by presonus sound better then fl studio? i open up Amplitube 4 on studio one and my...

willy25
replies: 2 views: 140
donsolo 4 hours ago

I need help with getting my masters sounding louder. I have been recording rap vocals on beats. I will usually drop the beat...

MPC1K
replies: 1 views: 102
FreshProduce 6 hours ago

Hello all, new here I have an analog mixer and an excellent CD recorder. I’ve used this setup for awhile but it lacks the...

DrDynamix
replies: 11 views: 251
pauljisaacs 6 hours ago

Good morning, I'm new here, I'm a student of sound in Spain and currently we have a new job to do in a forum in English, so I...

Monet23
replies: 13 views: 421
joeq 10 hours ago

I'm tracking guitars through a Suhr reactive load box into logic. Meters for tracking are all averaging -18db so am pretty sure...

Thehowlingsea
replies: 11 views: 223
Thehowlingsea 14 hours ago

Hey does anyone know any effects or how Eminem manipulates his vocals? Like on killshot he sounds so grainy and if you listen...

Jasonxolly
replies: 2 views: 173
Jasonxolly 14 hours ago

Hi! I have a stage piano, Casio PX5S, that I recently bought. I have it hooked up to a pair of KRK RP6 G3 at home, for casual...

gullebrand
replies: 8 views: 196
matt pinchin 14 hours ago

Hi! Could someone with experience on mixing help me! How does Rick Rubin gets that dark acoustic guitar sound ie. the Cash...

kite
replies: 0 views: 125
kite 16 hours ago

What's the difference between an interface like a scarlet focuscrite versus a mic preamp like a Neve 1073? I'm trying to be...

dannydawiz
replies: 18 views: 486
BIG BUDDHA 16 hours ago

Hey, could use some advice on a mix. I seem stuck trying to get a cohesive blend to the sound. Not sure if the individual tracks...

Bakelite
replies: 0 views: 103
Bakelite 17 hours ago

Hey guys, I just wanted to see what you guys typically use the 1176 and LA-2A for. Post what you use them for and also your usual...

Brandon203111
replies: 3 views: 199
smoke 18 hours ago

I have a golden age project Pre 73 JR and i want to use a compressor in the signal path to gain stage a little, to take some...

ahutch4
replies: 6 views: 208
Bushman 18 hours ago

Would you use this track, in a modern heavy all instrumental (and six-string) production, as a reference to match guitar tone vs...

Kimi777
replies: 4 views: 184
tedtan 19 hours ago

Why do a lot of converters/interfaces have many many analog outputs. Do some people have many many speakers? I'm a guy with...

jeffspc88mx
replies: 9 views: 3,141
Jiglo 19 hours ago

Hi, trying to find how to produce this basic synth sound which can be heard from various old school albums and songs like Pink...

heisenberg_wern
replies: 1 views: 123
JayFalcon 20 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm currently trying to setup a website, Facebook and Instagram page for my business. I just want to know what are...

IamNeedHelp
replies: 6 views: 151
The Byre 20 hours ago

Hi guys, I have had mixers in my setup for many years, and I’ve used the aux sends in various ways. But I have never learned...

DJElectricDaddy
replies: 2 views: 51
mattiasnyc 21 hours ago

I need some guidance for gain staging when mixing audio tracks. Specifically setting the clip gain before I start mixing. I...

desertfender
replies: 15 views: 455
mattiasnyc 21 hours ago

We put out a pretty popular podcast, been doing it for about 4 years. Over that time I've spent a lot of money on equipment, but...

docdaddy
replies: 1 views: 144
IamNeedHelp 22 hours ago

I need help on figuring out how to get a slight distortion effect on vocals. A lot like the vocals in some of Twenty One Pilot's...

mjkapc3
replies: 3 views: 144
goldi 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

Just bought one of these today, on the advice of the guy behind the counter. Have just spend the last 4 or so hours trying to...

mduthie
replies: 21 views: 20,379
TheHeartfeltKid 1 day ago

My gear: Casio XW-P1 Windows 7 computer that I built Digital Performer 8 I've got the casio hooked up through USB and my...

PigSpeakers
replies: 13 views: 590
anfangbassist 1 day ago

Hi all, Sorry for the beat topic, but i've be researching and demo'ing for weeks. I just need a little of your latest insight...

txbdan
replies: 11 views: 461
txbdan 1 day ago

Greetings Im building my first passive subs. At the moment it will have 2 x 4 terminal speakon ports wired in parallel. 1+\1-...

Aldoofbanga
replies: 6 views: 173
Aldoofbanga 1 day ago

Hi guys! Does anybody know another plug-in similar to the exciter "Big Bottom" released by Aphex? Your help is...

Plasticine
replies: 19 views: 8,838
EvilRoy 1 day ago

Ive almost finished a track that i want to send to a label and one of the lead sounds ive made is a big supersaw. It sounds...

Sk1nZ
replies: 6 views: 189
goldi 1 day ago

Hi guys, I bought a Mackie Onyx 1640i Firewire recording mixer on one of those "too good to be true" deals. Now I'm...

Krauthammer
replies: 29 views: 2,407
hotnor 1 day ago

I have studio drummer as a rack instrument in cubase for multiple outputs to single each component of the drums. My OH and Room...

ty45
replies: 26 views: 489
ty45 1 day ago

Hey there, fellow people! I currently own a Behringer 1202fx. It has a main output (let's call it bus 1) and a FX send (aka...

Arpotron
replies: 2 views: 145
Prodba 1 day ago

So I was over at Waves checking out the most recent sales and I came across this... From Demo to Master – Free Online...

simon.billington
replies: 2 views: 141
simon.billington 1 day ago

Hi I have 1 Coles 4038 that I was generously given. Obviously one day is love to have 2 and use both as drum overheads, but I'm...

rickyh90
replies: 17 views: 731
chrisso 1 day ago

For some reason, I hear crackling in my recordings periodically. It's very frustrating because it happens infrequently. There's...

nonotza
replies: 12 views: 267
nonotza 1 day ago

Okay so i have a couple plugins that are supposed to emulate the LA-2A.. but the fact of it having only 2 knobs leaves me sort of...

Brandon203111
replies: 1 views: 180
Wayne 2 days ago

I have a Pre 73 Jr that I would like to mod, but I'm not seeing anywhere this will mail in mod this model. I can find links...

ahutch4
replies: 0 views: 115
ahutch4 2 days ago

Loudness Wars. As a recording and mixing engineer, I totally sympathize with our Mastering Friends when it comes to balancing...

njallen
replies: 26 views: 645
Storyville 2 days ago

I posted a question somewhat similar to this before, but even though people told me a broad simple way of using a mixer with a...

isaacmacias
replies: 6 views: 222
dethbyoogabooga 2 days ago

Hi there guys! I'm new here, but not that new in audio but I'm having bad times here in my home studio. I was ready to...

dzanella
replies: 3 views: 190
dzanella 2 days ago
xXGreenXx90 2 days ago

I've had my monitors set up in a way that I really like but I'm not sure is ideal or not. Can anyone shed some light on if this...

harlandpepper
replies: 0 views: 122
harlandpepper 2 days ago

I'm thinking about buying a portable recorder to record some guitar stuff while out and about. How would I then get the...

deejayen
replies: 1 views: 140
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

i was trying to figure out if i needed a monitor controller, right now i have an apollo twin mk2 and a mac book pro and i have to...

malconehunned
replies: 1 views: 195
pief 2 days ago

Hello all, One of my Mackie HR624 mk2 speakers, has started cutting out whenever it receives bass frequencies. The power...

Hando
replies: 1 views: 138
Prodba 2 days ago
Sigma 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search